Login

Username:


Password:


Remember me



Forgot Password?




 Merchandise




Apocalypse Homebrew - Emperor's Firestorm Hellhound Squadron

For discussing and developing homebrew datasheets for Apocalypse

Postby Spack » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:02 am

jlong05 wrote:Next questions is: Who has the models and the time to play test this for us? I honestly have no HHs to use.


Models isn't a problem for me - I've got 2 Hellhounds, and using some Chimeras as "counts as" is easy enough too. It's the time I have a problem with :P
User avatar
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall
 
Posts: 6799
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:00 am
Location: Birmingham, UK
Medals: 2
Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby killmaimburn » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:54 am

Well herne seems to have at least 2 of them (he posted them up here somewhere), and I suspect that Ljundhammer has at least 2 :lol: (and I could, just cos I'm a 'cheeky get' who is prone to using counts-as a lot), The question is if he tests them against me do we 'test' using a 6 hour apoc game, whilst I still haven't got over the pretty pictures (I haven't read it a-z yet..oh BTW which page has the suggestion for houserulling hoods, I've seen 3 folks mention it but haven't walked into it yet --Found it p37 on making house rules:) Or just pit a few different armies worth its points more than 48" away and see what happens (quick testing datasheets isn't going to happen)

BTW with the strength increase the loss of having to buy techpriests (which makes them cheaper if you don't use techpriests) etc. I say everything is dead on ,inc the str increase, if we add to the fresh from adeptus that they are open topped (with open topped being enacted before extra armour rules wise?How do the 2 normally mesh?) due to being prototypes, They are after all giant barrels of this promethium stuff.Or am I making stuff more complex again, just // me if I am.

Just to highlight those are the second and 3rd time I've wrang the batphone for the caped crusader lord malek.:5wolverine (maybe spack could add a little bat floodlight (kind of like a report post button) for when people not in rules threads have rules problems, and no one else can help maybe you can call... the Tim team, da du du da, da da da (etc with jeeps flipping over) :car8
7th edit :oops: , Just to point out I rewrote the first post to try to provide a contents page\agenda and summary etc. but lets finsih off the flamers before we move on
Last edited by killmaimburn on Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:25 pm, edited 8 times in total.
User avatar
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade
 
Posts: 6581
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Nottingham, mid-land
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby LordMalekTheRedKnight » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:16 pm

killmaimburn wrote:...whilst I still haven't got over the pretty pictures (I haven't read it a-z yet..oh BTW which page has the suggestion for houserulling hoods, I've seen 3 folks mention it but haven't walked into it yet --Found it p37 on making house rules:)

i cant find that rumoured Apoc rule where S7+ weapons ignore Armour Saves... :? :?:

killmaimburn wrote:I say everything is dead on ,inc the str increase, if we add to the fresh from adeptus that they are open topped (with open topped being enacted before extra armour rules wise?How do the 2 normally mesh?) due to being prototypes, They are after all giant barrels of this promethium stuff.Or am I making stuff more complex again, just // me if I am.

Extra Armour doesnt interact with Open Topped at all, ruleswise (although they can both apply to the same attack). one converts Stunned to Shaken (except from Track Guards) while the other adds +1 to Damage rolls (and confers VtB).

EA could represent better onboard systems or more expert crew, as well as physical reinforcement, and OT can represent exposed ammo/fuel or other weak points, as well as having the crew actually exposed (as long as there are no passangers that is, where OT has extra rules).

the old HH used to count all Glancing Hits as Penetrating hits, IIRC (with exceptions for Smoke/Hull Down?), so this seems perfectly fine to me. :)

killmaimburn wrote:Just to highlight those are the second and 3rd time I've wrang the batphone for the caped crusader lord malek.:5wolverine (maybe spack could add a little bat floodlight (kind of like a report post button) for when people not in rules threads have rules problems, and no one else can help maybe you can call... the Tim team, da du du da, da da da (etc with jeeps flipping over) :car8

some people might read this and think KMB is joking... but scarily enough, i think he's being serious. 8O :lol:

im flattered, mate. :D

only one problem though: "Lord Malek" is a Blood Dragon Vampire knight, so rather than a bat i think we should have a little dragon. :wink:

cheers :P

~ Tim
Last edited by LordMalekTheRedKnight on Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8O :D OMG - Im a Dad - of THREE!! :D 8O
:) I am "LMTRK" on The Wizards Community and MTG Salvation
User avatar
LordMalekTheRedKnight
Lord Marmite
Lord General
 
Posts: 4876
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Stamford, Lincs, UK

Postby Spack » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:32 pm

LordMalekTheRedKnight wrote:i cant find that rumoured Apoc rule where S7+ weapons ignore Armour Saves... :? :?:


It was one of the rumours that never ended up in the actual rules.

LordMalekTheRedKnight wrote:some people might read this and think KMB is joking... but scarily enough, i think he's being serious. 8O :lol:


Hmm, I tried searching for phpBB mod called "Alert Tim to rules query" but I couldn't find one, guess I might have to write one :P
Last edited by Spack on Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall
 
Posts: 6799
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:00 am
Location: Birmingham, UK
Medals: 2
Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby jlong05 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:01 pm

Ok. No more comments so here is an updated doc for the Emperor's Firestorm Formation. Sorry but I don't have a pdf creation software. :oops:

C&C welcome.

EDIT by Spack: Hope you don't mind jlong, I've added a PDF version of your doc ;)

EDIT EDIT by jlong05: No worries, I appreciate it! :)
Attachments
Emperor's Firestorm.doc
(78.5 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
Emperor's_Firestorm.pdf
(65.28 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
Last edited by jlong05 on Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.

Image
User avatar
jlong05
Master Jedi
Commander
 
Posts: 1192
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Arizona, USA (In a Lead Lined Fridge)
Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Postby AdrianG » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:35 pm

Jlong05, very nice work so far on the Firestorm Formation.
Only "feather ruffling" I can think of is that maybe the units should be a maximum of 6-8" apart in order to use the Apocalypse Template thingy?
Collector of Space Wolves, and all round awful painter!

AdrianG's Gallery: http://www.ageofstrife.com/gallery/AdrianG
User avatar
AdrianG
Apprentice Lurker (Still)
Captain
 
Posts: 710
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:00 am
Location: Stafford, Staffordshire

Postby jlong05 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:19 am

Algeroth wrote:Jlong05, very nice work so far on the Firestorm Formation.
Only "feather ruffling" I can think of is that maybe the units should be a maximum of 6-8" apart in order to use the Apocalypse Template thingy?

I am not sure this is needed. The idea is that they really are just spraying their shots over the wider area. Since then still have to ALL be in range and LOS I don't think we need to require them to be closer. They are already required to be within 12". Is that not enough?
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.

Image
User avatar
jlong05
Master Jedi
Commander
 
Posts: 1192
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Arizona, USA (In a Lead Lined Fridge)
Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Previous



Return to 40K Apocalypse Homebrew Datasheets




 Social Links