Login

Username:

Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

[C:Chaos Daemons] Khorne Hunting Party (Combat Patrol)

Post your army lists here!

[C:Chaos Daemons] Khorne Hunting Party (Combat Patrol)

Postby LordMalekTheRedKnight » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:10 am

Hey all :)

seeing as how the new Daemons Codex is in circulation (i know a lot of people have been reading it in stores etc), i thought i would take this opportunity to post the first ever C:CD army list on AoS. :P

as usual, the list is designed to be used in fun (non-competitive) games against other fluffy/balanced lists, on a 4' x 4' table with plenty of varied Terrain using the standard Combat Patrol restrictions and missions.

im still not 100% sure how the Daemons appeared on my planet, but i do have some ideas:
- psychic mutant in the Ash Wastes acting as a gateway
- Chaos worshippers inviting the Daemons
- experimental AdMech weapon (Vortex Missiles, reverse engineered D-Cannon type weapons etc) causing a warp rift

i think i like the last one the most (especially considering the planet has (a) crazy tech priests and (b) a weapons testing facility). so far i dont have a Chaos Cult planned, so the second option is less likely. the first option is more likely, but does seem a bit of a cliche...

anyway, here is my list:

Code: Select all
Khorne Daemons Combat Patrol (400 pts)

Bloodcrusher of Khorne [1 model - 65 pts]   
Hellblade, Icon

Bloodletters of Khorne Daemon Pack [10 models - 200 pts]
10 Bloodletters: Hellblades
Fury of Khorne, Icon, Instrument of Chaos

Fleshhounds of Khorne Daemon Pack [6 models 135 pts]
5 Fleshhounds
Fury of Khorne
Keranak, Hound of Vengeance: Fury of Khorne, Instrument of Chaos
Blessing of The Blood God

the plan is to put the Fleshhounds in the "first half" when deploying - hopefully they will arrive first, and will be able to use their speed to engage the enemy in the second turn (Beasts + Move Through Cover means they should be able to get into CC the 1st turn after DS'ing), to cut down on the incoming fire the rest of the force will suffer.

the other unit in the "first half" will vary depending on the Terrain and the opposing army. either way, there will be an Icon in each half, and both halves will be able to handle Vehicles in CC. the Bloodcrusher will be easier to hide than the Bloodletters, and has good Toughness and Armour. the Bloodletters on the other hand have to lose more wounds before the Icon is lost.

hopefully by turn 3 the whole force will have arrived, and the "first half" will already be getting stuck in. the objective: take skulls and spill blood!

thoughts?

cheers :)

~ Tim
p.s. im not building this force yet (too much stuff already waiting to be done), but when the time comes, all i will need is one of each of the relevant boxed sets (ive picked units that match the boxed squad sizes, as i dont know what will be available individually etc). Keranak (or Caramacas Kate and I call him :lol:) has grown on me, but i will be chopping off his 'chin flap' when i get him. other than that, the new models are perfect, IMO. :D
Last edited by LordMalekTheRedKnight on Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
8O :D OMG - Im a Dad - of THREE!! :D 8O
:) I am "LMTRK" on The Wizards Community and MTG Salvation
LordMalekTheRedKnight
Lord Marmite
Lord General

Postby ruffian4 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:58 am

Chopping 400 points in half sounds scary as hell...that's quite appropriate.
:o

I like the dcannon reverse engineer idea. Maybe a test lab/observation bunker with a perfect sphere cut out of it.

Like the building in that invisible man film, or missing fences/bits of floor from termy films??? :)

Or, possibly it's worse than that even.
Maybe the admech suceed in opening the warp rift, but it was unstable and disappeared...only to randomly reappear elsewhere and cause havoc!!!

Warp ball lightning??? :twisted:
killmaimburn wrote:If this is a masked ball, then the other bits of him are off spiking the teachers punch.

DEATH WATCH DEATH RATTLE DEATHS DOOR AINT I DIED ENOUGH BEFORE?
ruffian4
4th dan imbecile
Sorceror

Re: [C:Chaos Daemons] Khorne Hunting Party (Combat Patrol)

Postby killmaimburn » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:44 pm

LordMalekTheRedKnight wrote:against other fluffy/balanced lists,
- Chaos worshippers inviting the Daemons

10 Bloodletters: Hellblades

5 Fleshhounds
its not fluffy if your numbers are 5 and 10.Also note the wealth of shouty you may get f you suggest that cultists can summon them (since whole astrates dedicated to those gods no longer can by fluff)
My first drafts included Icons too, but I think really you have to dump them, its too many points in too smaller force..i'd use the points to try for favoured numbers and let the scattering be more chaosy...if your being fluffy. If you not being fluffy..I wouldn't use codex demons :lol:
models wise..consider dire wolves and the ones that come with goblins on instead..much cheaper and easy to mod.(tear out a bit here and there stick in some skeleton rib cage etc).
I'm still not sure about the actually list working here... if you have a single unit of bloodletter landing turn 1 will you deploy out of LOS and so far back that they are ignored for the game? Its worth thinking about the 50% of the time the army won't work as you envisage...dakka has an interesting debate about whether to mirror forces or not that I'm currently lurking reading.
Hope it helps, I'll have more when I've read more
KMB
Last edited by killmaimburn on Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Spack » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:07 pm

Since when was 33% = 50%? The roll for determing which "half" comes in turn 1 is based on a 1-2 and 3-6 result, not 1-3 and 4-6 :)
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Medals: 2
Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby killmaimburn » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:14 pm

Whoops yeah, sorry i got caught using the KMB bubble of statistics rather than the "real" ones. :oops: ..Its still a point that one must accomodate the concept of lists to that percentage chance as its designed not to be a negligible factor 8)
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby LordMalekTheRedKnight » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:58 pm

killmaimburn wrote:its not fluffy if your numbers are 5 and 10.

if i drop the Bloodletters down to 8 i will have 2 spare, and if i up the Fleshhounds to 8 i will need 2 more. points-wise it will fit, but as i said, i dont know exactly how they will be releasing the models, so i dont know if that is viable (im not buying an extra box of Fleshhounds just to use 2 out of the 5 :(). also this may well leave the 'hounds a bit overkill while the 'letters might lack punch/strength of numbers.

i had thought the Sacred Numbers idea had been... relaxed lately, too. besides, it is still an 'all-Khorne' force, afterall. ;)

if they release 'hounds in blisters, i might consider it, closer to the time i build the list (nothing is set in stone at this stage anyway).

killmaimburn wrote:Also note the wealth of shouty you may get f you suggest that cultists can summon them (since whole astrates dedicated to those gods no longer can by fluff)

well, i never said "summon" - just "invite". ;)

(maybe a cult psyker sacrifices himself, allowing himself to become possessed, and the daemon who takes his body does the rest and opens the rift for his minions?)

killmaimburn wrote:My first drafts included Icons too, but I think really you have to dump them, its too many points in too smaller force..i'd use the points to try for favoured numbers and let the scattering be more chaosy...if your being fluffy.

well if i dont take the Icons, i can give the 'crusher Rending instead... but that still leaves me with 42 pts. which i wont need if im going to make the other units to 8 each. i would have enough for a 2nd 'crusher, but only a couple of pts spare, so not enough to give it any upgrades (not that it needs any...). would 2 Bloodcrushers be more or less 'fluffy' than 1? 2 is closer to 8 (:P), but the idea was that the lone 'crusher would be the leader, sort of like a Herald-in-training.

what else could i spend the 42 pts on, without breaking Sacred Numbers? its not enough to make either pack up to 16, afterall...

being able to bring my "2nd half" down without scatter (regardless of which half comes down first) seems like a fair price to pay in exchange for a 'crusher - especially considering that most of the force is slow, and once the combat starts DS'ing nearby is going to be even more dangerous as the models will all be in a big clump.

plus the banner in the Bloodletter box looks awesome. :D

killmaimburn wrote:models wise..consider dire wolves and the ones that come with goblins on instead..much cheaper and easy to mod.

nah i like the new Flesh Hounds (and its going to be a long time before the new Dire Wolves grow on me enough for me to consider buying any - yuck). thanks though.

killmaimburn wrote:I'm still not sure about the actually list working here... if you have a single unit of bloodletter landing turn 1 will you deploy out of LOS and so far back that they are ignored for the game?

i'd be aiming to DS them behind Terrain (or in 4+ Cover) near the middle of the board - or maybe off to one side - just like the 'hounds. i'd try and use Terrain and distance to reduce incoming fire from as much of the enemy force as possible, then move forward to engage the enemy as soon as possible. hopefully the Icon will get used in turn 2-3 to bring reinforcements.

killmaimburn wrote:Its worth thinking about the 50% of the time the army won't work as you envisage

umm 50% for you maybe, im expecting a more average 66%. ;)

killmaimburn wrote:Hope it helps, I'll have more when I've read more
KMB

~ Tim
p.s. any news on Hounds in blisters? the idea of 8 & 8 is growing on me...
LordMalekTheRedKnight
Lord Marmite
Lord General

Postby mattjgilbert » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:14 pm

I think you have to go 8 and 8. It's just not proper otherwise :)

LordMalekTheRedKnight wrote:- experimental AdMech weapon (Vortex Missiles, reverse engineered D-Cannon type weapons etc) causing a warp rift...(b) a weapons testing facility)
Sounds like Doom 3 or something....cool :D
Last edited by mattjgilbert on Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby LordMalekTheRedKnight » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:40 pm

mattjgilbert wrote:I think you have to go 8 and 8. It's just not proper otherwise :)

alright, alright, OK! :P (my 1KSons will be 9 & 9 afterall)

blame GW for giving me the idea in the first place with their unfluffy box sizes. :roll: :lol:

il repost in a sec...

EDIT: here is the revised (Sacred-Number-friendly) list:

Khorne Daemons Combat Patrol (400 pts)

Bloodcrusher of Khorne [1 model - 65 pts]   
Hellblade, Icon

Bloodletters of Khorne Daemon Pack [8 models - 168 pts]
8 Bloodletters: Hellblades
Fury of Khorne, Icon, Instrument of Chaos

Fleshhounds of Khorne Daemon Pack [8 models - 165 pts]
7 Fleshhounds
Fury of Khorne
Keranak, Hound of Vengeance: Fury of Khorne, Instrument of Chaos
Blessing of The Blood God

hows that? :?:

~ Tim
Last edited by LordMalekTheRedKnight on Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
LordMalekTheRedKnight
Lord Marmite
Lord General

Postby killmaimburn » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:26 pm

Its a shame that in CP you can't drop the icon and swap the bloodcrusher for an avatar with chariot..the steed\chariot puts his wounds over the top :cry: :cry: ...meh if it interests you I'm sure that since CP isn't proper.. folks will allow it (smirk smirk)
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby LordMalekTheRedKnight » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:12 pm

i had considered a Herald, but i really wanted a Jugger (new model is made of win).

im happy with the Bloodcrusher acting as the leader though, sort of like an 'aspiring Herald'. considering the size of the force, not to have a uber character seems quite fitting, as well.

if i was going for 500 pts (and each force had a "General" type), then yeah, i could see a place for a Herald. none of the 400 pt lists i have written use a HQ choice, actually...

~ Tim
LordMalekTheRedKnight
Lord Marmite
Lord General

Postby Headhunter75 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:32 pm

Well here is my list. But for normal game play. As most know you have to break your forces in have and roll to see which you get first and the rest sit in reserves.

HQ   BloodThirster                       =270         Blessing of the Blood Gods
                Unholy Might

Elites        2 Bloodcrushers             =105   
   Icon

Fast   6 Slaanesh Seekers             =127   
   Icon

Fast   8 Fleshhounds             =130
   Fury of Khorne

TOTAL   = 632

Elites   3 Flamers of Tzeentch      =115
   Bolt of Tzeeentch

Troop       8 Bloodletters      =138
   Fury of Khorne

Troop   6 Daemonetts      =109    
   Icon

Heavy   Daemon Prince      =175   
   Flight
   Unholy Might
   Mark of Khorne

TOTAL   = 537

(I edited out the individual points costs for you ~ Tim)
Last edited by Headhunter75 on Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Headhunter75
Chosen
Chosen

Postby killmaimburn » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:07 pm

Headhunter75 wrote: Heavy Daemon Prince =175
Flight
Unholy Might
Mark of Khorne

That just hurts... you chose +1 to strength instead of a 3+ save..for the same points nearly..I think those DPs are going to need some long staring at.. mostly towards whether we can bare to look at khorne at all.
That said heres mine from the 16th, just models I have lying around.. you might almost consider it ni need of optimisation
http://warseer.com/forums/showpost.php? ... tcount=130
(although taking epidiemus and 40 nurgle warriors seems to be the first level of optimisation :cry: :cry: )
Mods (and OP especially..) is this a place to knock around demon ideas as well as tims list? Howse everybody feeling?
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby LordMalekTheRedKnight » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:17 pm

killmaimburn wrote:Mods (and OP especially..) is this a place to knock around demon ideas as well as tims list?

probably best to start a separate thread for general Daemon Tactica (il let you do the honours, mate). :)

cheers

~ Tim
LordMalekTheRedKnight
Lord Marmite
Lord General

Postby Headhunter75 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:59 pm

THANKS Tim....lol always forget
Headhunter75
Chosen
Chosen

Postby NorseWarrior » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:45 am

My two cents... Yes, the sacret number of Khorne is 8, 16 etc, but I liked the first list better. 8 bloodletters will not custain long under fire, and 10 (no matter how un-fluffy it might be) is to me a better option.

I agree with Tim that a jugger makes an awsome centerpiece-model, and works very well as a aspiring daemon (soon to be a herald, perhaps). The cool thing with combat patrols are that you can create a story, and your champions will rise to power as they advance through bloodshead and skull-collecting...

Pictures?
"If you can´t explain it simply, you don´t understand it well enough..."
NorseWarrior
Shas'ui
Shas'ui

Next

Return to 40K Army Lists

Social Links