Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Witch Hunters 1500 Ordo Proditors

Post your army lists here!

Witch Hunters 1500 Ordo Proditors

Postby Antubis » Mon May 25, 2009 5:39 pm

With the release of Codex: IG I have restarted building my Witch hunters army. Here is how it will be:

Code: Select all
OH Inquisitor Lord 258 Pts
Psycannon Bolts; Psychic Hood; Rosarius; Plasma Pistol; Bolter.
Henchmen:
Familiar
2 Sages
3 Veteran Guardsmen with Plasmaguns
Chimera with two heavy Flamers

This squad will spend most of it's time doing drive-bys on M.C.'s, wait that didn't come out right.

OM Inquisitor Lord 212 Pts
Terminator Armour; Null Rod; Psycannon.
Henchmen:
Sage
2 Mystics
3 Gun Servitors with Heavy Bolters

This squad has two jobs one is to move to a good firing point and shred light infantry. The other is to use its two Mystics to direct fire onto anything that deepstrikes.

6 Arco-Flagellants 210 Pts

Daemonhost 85 Pts

These two just kill whatever comes near.

5 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers 145 Pts
2 Meltaguns
Priest
Rhino

5 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers 105 Pts
2 Meltaguns
Rhino

The Inq troopers in Rhinos act like Duel Melta Razorbacks hunting vehicles. The Priest has one function; to unlock the Arcos then die.

Platoon Command 100 Pts
Autocannon, Grenade Launcher x2
Commander Chenkov
Chimera 55 Pts

Infantry Squad 65 Pts
Autocannon
Sniper Rifle

Infantry Squad 60 Pts
Autocannon

Chenkov is there to use Move! Move! Move! to speed up the Arcos and to help fleeing units Get back in the fight!. He also has the added bonus of making anyone within 12" stubborn which is always useful.

Exorcist 135 Pts

Orbital Lance Strike 70 Pts

And last but not lest, my heavy support, the Exorcist is there as it's got one of the beat weapons in the game and the Lance Strike can be plotted to any objective marker in the enemies side/corner.

Note: all Inq vehicles use the new costs in IA vol II.

Feel free to share any comments or criticism.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. "
Antubis
Chosen
Chosen

Postby Angelwing » Mon May 25, 2009 10:46 pm

Would a plasma cannon be better in the OM inquisitors retinue to catch bunched deepstrikers under it's blast marker?

On a personal note I think that including Chenkov and the exorcist are a bit dodgy rules wise, but I'm not going to get into any arguments over that.
Angelwing
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

Medals: 17
Gold (5) Silver (1) Painting Entrant (11)

Postby ruffian4 » Tue May 26, 2009 7:38 am

Angelwing wrote:On a personal note I think that including Chenkov and the exorcist are a bit dodgy rules wise, but I'm not going to get into any arguments over that.

It looks fine to me, Chenkov is a platoon upgrade (troops) and as it is a witch hunters army, the excorcist is fine (it's not illegally coming in from another list).

I like the look of it, tbh!
killmaimburn wrote:If this is a masked ball, then the other bits of him are off spiking the teachers punch.

DEATH WATCH DEATH RATTLE DEATHS DOOR AINT I DIED ENOUGH BEFORE?
ruffian4
4th dan imbecile
Sorceror

Postby killmaimburn » Tue May 26, 2009 3:10 pm

Its to do with that the exorcist is crewed by battle sisters, and sisters like allying less than DA do.
So when you use the chenkov run run you'll be being fluffy and for every 6 removing an arco right? ;)
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Spack » Tue May 26, 2009 4:51 pm

The only issue I see you having with anyone when using this list is the IA costing for the vehicles, a few may insist on you using the codex costs and that'll mean having to drop something to fit them in.
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Medals: 2
Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby Antubis » Tue May 26, 2009 5:08 pm

Arcos on lose a machine-man on a Holy Rage roll of six which they can do in addition to running. :D
Also if they run faster, I can turn their stimms on later, so they don't kill themselves as much.

As for the exorcist, I will be using the FW MkIId Sanctorum pattern which isn't as holy as the Mars pattern "pipe organ" one.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. "
Antubis
Chosen
Chosen

Postby killmaimburn » Tue May 26, 2009 5:24 pm

They overdose on 6s for atacks to.. if its a random it can overheat for them(fluff not rules :) ) Meh fluff wise avoiding stims by going cross codex is like making sure your beserkers shoot bolters to not assualt,(of which it must be said I was kind of in favour off, but everyone else smacked me down for) give in to the rage rather than cross codex preventing it :)

I'm not against the list, I just think some bits of it would convey something that isn't actually there to your detriment.
I still prefer the sheer silliness of penitents
I'll play against it, even if it tastes like iguana ;)
Last edited by killmaimburn on Tue May 26, 2009 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to 40K Army Lists

Social Links