Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

40K Tournie Team

Discussion of anything 40K related

Re: 40K Tournie Team

Postby killmaimburn » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:50 pm

Some of that is redundant..
6th ed throws a lot of lists out, ones based on reserve shenangans ones based on low model count death stars etc etc etc..
You can spot certain recurring names.. but don't look at results more than 6 months old.
And most events will create NEW FAQs for 6th ed. e.g. some are ignoring mysertious objectives and random terrain, 9which makes flyers stronger).. some have different versions of what FW is allowed.(although mostly its none)
You want to prep for certain template armies you will face.. I agree, so that you need to know the points bracket and if you want me to compile a few netlists to fight against each other with just say..its been a while since I compiled them though so it will tak e abit of time.(we could have a members section submissions of filthy lists we've found to spar against)
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Darklighter » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:59 pm

It's not just lists though is it's mission packs and how people in general build towards that rules pack preping for every tourny with one list is not going to work. You need to know the events rules and mission layouts properly. As well as the events scoring systems and what the juges and players see as fluffy lists or cheese for the case of gaining fav game points. Do we need to worry about best painted or points reductions for bably painted/unfinished units. How about Forge World models or coverted units and allies can you have two FoC ('ard boyz size tournies). All of which can only be planed on event by event not something easy covered by a list roughly 1500-1850 points.

I'm not trying to be a pain in the arse just get a better picture of what we plan on doing. I can find plenty of internet win lits but if they are made in a sterile environment out side of the events peramiters it's fairly usless. That's why I'd like to look at lits created for the events. I can extrapilate my self from that what will flow over to this edition or not.
What, no image sigs!
Darklighter
Shas'el
Shas'el

Medals: 19
Gold (3) Silver (2) Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (13)

Postby BANE » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:56 pm

I am looking into it now, events attended will be decided more by If we can get anyone to commit to it first and foremost. The problem at the minute is of the people that have shown an intreast in been involved, your probably the only one with a painted army.

Most of the events for the next month are sold out so we have a bit of time to find the right first event.
BANE
Captain
Captain

Postby Darklighter » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:28 pm

That's fine. It's just I have no experiance with indi tourney's and have no clue as to where to look for info on them, made harder by not knowing even the basics of an event name to look for. I'm not asking for a battle plan or a tour arangement just a few event names I could be looking up.
What, no image sigs!
Darklighter
Shas'el
Shas'el

Postby BANE » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:46 pm

Ok, have a look on the warseer link from KMB and also rankings hq
BANE
Captain
Captain

Postby markb » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:02 pm

Nick, I haven't been to a tourney for a while but preparing to face 3+ save armies is always a good start.

Al, I do have a (more or less) painted army, my vanilla SM, they just need a few models touching up to make it legal. The problem with the army is though that I just don't .think it would be that competitive. I may have to have a look at the list and what I have painted to see what I could do with it.
"The guns have stopped because we are at last about to attack. Even our generals aren't mad enough to shell their own men, they think its far more sporting to let the Germans do it!"

Capt Edmund Blackadder, the Somme, 1917.

markb
Captain
Captain

Location: On a high plains desert somewhere near Uzbekistan, lets leave it at that
Medals: 1
Painting Entrant (1)

Postby Red Devil » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:23 pm

I have 4k of painted marines, that can be used as BA Successor or vanilla marines...
Red Devil
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

Postby Darklighter » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:11 pm

BANE wrote:Ok, have a look on the warseer link from KMB and also rankings hq

Nothing usful pops up when I type Rankings hq into a search so I guess I'm off to trawl the spewing festering mess that is Warseer! I sorted it.... :oops:
What, no image sigs!
Darklighter
Shas'el
Shas'el

Postby skywalker » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:06 pm

This might intrest you guys. I was talking to Brian Waugh, the owner of Waugh Games and he is putting the feelers out to see how much intrest there would be for a two day tournament in the North East.
He can be contacted via the Waugh Games site or their facbook page.
skywalker
Cannon Fodder

Postby BANE » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:42 pm

I have spoke to him already about it, I am happy to run one as I discussed with him, issue I have is with work, need to identify a slot when I am home and have enough free time to fit in a tournie when I haven't seen my wife and daughter for so long.

If he wants to run himself, best for me cos then I could play it, he should be able to fill his tables no probs, 2 days might be too much for a 10 table event tho.
BANE
Captain
Captain

Postby BANE » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:31 pm

BANE
Captain
Captain

Postby Darklighter » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:47 pm

I've got to many outgoings in May. My Birthday as well as a TAU realease is going to hit my budget hard.
What, no image sigs!
Darklighter
Shas'el
Shas'el

Postby BANE » Wed May 01, 2013 7:00 pm

BANE
Captain
Captain

Postby Red Devil » Wed May 01, 2013 8:28 pm

Possibly one for me!
Red Devil
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

Postby whitewizard » Wed May 01, 2013 9:24 pm

Red Devil wrote:Possibly one for me!

Hey Red Devil, if you're in Watford you're only 20 mins away from this tournament...

http://www.z10.invisionfree.com/The_Tit ... wtopic=706

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Titans-W ... rth-London

Chris
whitewizard

PreviousNext

Return to 40K Discussion

Social Links