Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

New Online Store for buying your GW models

Discussion of anything 40K related

New Online Store for buying your GW models

Postby KInG » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:22 am

As some of you know, I created Miniatures Online (www.miniatures-online.com) to be able to buy my GW models cheaper by having a GW account.

I have now decided to do this in a more serious manner. The new site sits at www.pctechcomputers.com/mo presently if you would like to take a look at what we're planning, but is NOT LIVE YET.

I have been looking at the current url i bought previously and have decided I don't like it anymore. If you want to tell someone verbally the name of the site it's quite disjointed and long winded: (www dot miniatures dash online dot com)

I am asking for some help here from you guys... I want something more catchy. So please, any suggestions, research the name and see if it is avaiable. Only suggest url's that I can go and buy.

Many thanks..... KInG
KInG
Archon
Archon

Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Postby Shorack » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:56 pm

i've not watched at anything else but the link itself (not any pages of that site), but imo, you better make a decent sidebar ;)
Shorack

Postby KInG » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:27 am

side bar, how do u mean? have u got an example? or are u saying that the site doesn't display very well in your browser? if it is FFox then we are aware of the coding problems and will be looking to get the site looking like it does in IE :) hopefully
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby Ben » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:04 pm

I got a file not found error. Too bad you are not Stateside, I have wondered if a storefront in the States could set up a trade account and then transfer product to another company (say yours) that has an online account and then you can effect transactions because it doesn't violate your terms. As part of your agreement with the US Storefront they would drop ship to your customer Care Of your store.

They can keep their trade account because they don't have an online store they are selling through and they get to purchase at US prices and ship to US customers widening your base.
Ben
High Lord of Terra
Brother-Captain

Postby Culven » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:45 pm

Just for fun I tried www.miniking.com , it looks like it might be available soon.
Last edited by Culven on Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Culven
Commander, Catachan XIII "Black Cats"
Pray that a Black Cat never crosses your path.
Culven
Junior Officer
Junior Officer

Postby Spack » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:24 pm

Damn, so much for my anti-necromancy mod! Seems it doesn't auto-lock announcements!

Ben, the URL for the site changed a long time ago to http://www.gamingfigures.com :P

Over here in the UK GW can't stop retailers selling online, so KInG has no problems with his store.
Last edited by Spack on Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Return to 40K Discussion

Social Links