Login

Username:

Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Callidus Jump Back [from Warseer]

Discussion of rules in Warhammer 40K - use for existing rules only, for discussing new rules or changes/alternatives use the Rules Development forum

Moderator: mattjgilbert

Callidus Jump Back [from Warseer]

Postby KInG » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:29 pm

The Jump Back rule for Callidus Assassins states "At the beginning of any assault phase, the Callidus Assasasin can attempt to disengage from combat"

Does this mean that in the beginning of my assault phase i can disengage and then assault again?
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Postby killmaimburn » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:17 pm

I stuck my bit in the warseer one, I get all muggled when we multi thread, for raw sides have a glance on dakka, yakface went over this about 8 months ago fairly well, but GAP goes against it, and some say the date of the codex does too, which is roughly where I stand (however if someone wants to use a callidus and plays the same version throughout I let em)

Linky to dem fellas, for laziness (or for reference)
http://www.dakkadakka.com/CommunityForu ... fault.aspx
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby KInG » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:01 pm

thx KMB
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby KInG » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:59 pm

This is what I posted on the Dakka Dakka thread:

Sorry to drag this up again, but I was offered this link to a recent question on another forum.

Having read through the thread from start to finish and contemplating both sides of the arguement I have a question for the people who believe that the Specific Rule doesn't not override the General Rule for the unengaged unit that the Assassin jumped back from.

You arguement for that unit being able to charge back into the Assassin is that the Specific Rule doesn't specifically disallow it (it does not negate or modify the General Rules to stop them from charging). Ok, well the Speicifc Rule says they may consolidate at the end of the Assault Phase... so let's follow that through.

The unengaged unit charges back in. They are locked at the end of the Assault Phase with the Assassin, can they now consolidate? The Speicfic Rules specifically states/modifies the General Rules, that say they may not, to say that they now can?

It always gets me when people read rules, which we all know were not written by lawyers, and start in with statements such as "well the fact that is does not say you can't do something means therefore that you can". If a specific rule does not say that you can do something then take it as red, you cannot do it, even if the General Rules normally say you can.

The debate here is not about whether the Assassin can be charged or not by the unenaged unit; it is whether Special Rules override all the General Rules or do they just ammend some of them.

The statement we heard before about "the General Rules are only modified or negated if the Special Rule specifically says so" should be scraped for the following: "All General Rules are negated if there is a Speical Rule, and you may only do what is specified by the Special Rule".
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Return to 40K Rules

Social Links