Login

Username:


Password:


Remember me



Forgot Password?




 Merchandise




Multi wound models.

Discussion of rules in Warhammer 40K - use for existing rules only, for discussing new rules or changes/alternatives use the Rules Development forum

Moderator: mattjgilbert

Multi wound models.

Postby KInG » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:23 am

Another one that popped up last game that I was unsure about. Multiple wound models taking damage from instant death weapons and taking wounds in combat.

If the closest model taking an unsaved wound from a double toughness strength weapon already has been wounded, does that model die or do you have to take an unfounded one off. Or do u take the front model of and transfer the wound to next model.

In CC if a subsequent round of combat causes an unsaved wound and you can choose any model in base to base as the model to receive the wound does it have to be any models already wounded first or any model.
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
Image
User avatar
KInG
Archon
Archon
 
Posts: 5209
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:00 am
Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Re: Multi wound models.

Postby Baragash » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:50 am

Caveat: not checked the FAQs, so based on rulebook only.

KInG wrote:If the closest model taking an unsaved wound from a double toughness strength weapon already has been wounded, does that model die or do you have to take an unfounded one off. Or do u take the front model of and transfer the wound to next model.


Previously inflicted wounds aren't held in floating pool like earlier editions, they're held on a specific model, so if the wounded model is next in line to be ID'd, unlucky for the shooter.

KInG wrote:In CC if a subsequent round of combat causes an unsaved wound and you can choose any model in base to base as the model to receive the wound does it have to be any models already wounded first or any model.


The requirement to keep wounding a wounded model only applies to the same wound pool. Once a new wound pool is created, you can start again where you like.
My Hobby Blog!
My Painting & Modelling Blog!
Gallery
"The Emperor is obviously not a dictator, he's a couch."
Starbuck: "Why can't we use the starboard launch bays?"
Engineer: "Because it's a gift shop!"
User avatar
Baragash
Sorceror
Sorceror
 
Posts: 1885
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:00 am
Location: London, UK
Blog: View Blog (21)

Re: Multi wound models.

Postby BANE » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:33 am

This is how we play it nige.
User avatar
BANE
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 956
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:55 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Multi wound models.

Postby killmaimburn » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:36 am

KInG wrote:Another one that popped up last game that I was unsure about. Multiple wound models taking damage from instant death weapons and taking wounds in combat.

If the closest model taking an unsaved wound from a double toughness strength weapon already has been wounded, does that model die or do you have to take an unfounded one off. Or do u take the front model of and transfer the wound to next model.

In CC if a subsequent round of combat causes an unsaved wound and you can choose any model in base to base as the model to receive the wound does it have to be any models already wounded first or any model.

Bara is right, I'll rewrite his answer my style so you can choose an answer you understand best.

Closest model is wounded multiwounder suffering ID
1) yes closest/wounded model dies
2)Unfounded, you mean unwounded.. no you nolonger have to remove whole models whereever possible.. sniping and different wound mechanics compensate for the loss of this rule. There is no revoking old rules, or document listing what isn't there.. it just isn't there anymore (its to my mind the trickiest thing to pick up about edition changes)
3)No you don't transfer excess wounds of ID to other people.. ever.

B-As bara said no, new wound pool your released from having to put all saves onto the guy you picked to roll saves (when equidistant due to base to base etc etc etc)

Faqs are actually pretty crappy on CC wound pools.. I just have to assume our way of playing it is right.
(e.g. unit vs unit vs model by model wording p25 right hand , everybodys in so as long as same int step.. all saves may be taken by the one termie with storm sheild ad infinutum until he goes down....unless he has been foolish and left him out of charge range of 2nd bulletpoint etc etc etc etc)
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
User avatar
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade
 
Posts: 6581
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Nottingham, mid-land
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Multi wound models.

Postby KInG » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:43 pm

Excellent. Yes, we play it correctly, I think Si wasn't. He was having me keep wounding the wounded in cc that were b2b. To be fair to him tho, he played his spawn the same way.

Ps, unsurprisingly bara's was way easier to understand. Lol
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
Image
User avatar
KInG
Archon
Archon
 
Posts: 5209
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:00 am
Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)




Return to 40K Rules




 Social Links