Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

gotrek & felix manslayer

Discuss what you like

gotrek & felix manslayer

Postby Weyco » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:49 pm

I just finished reading manslayer, and I feel like I missed something. 17 years has passed between vampireslayer and manslayer. I know that giantslayer and orcslayer, happens between them. But surely those encounters could not take 17 years. Are their any short stories, or have I completely missed a book? And what is the deal with felix and every old friend he meets, whom all says he has not aged a day?

weyco
Weyco

Postby killmaimburn » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:01 am

Haven't read the series, but david gemmell (a fave of mine from 20 years back or so) Legend (not anything to do with the film of the same name, more about a last stand by some famous heroes in a castle)has a prequel about druss the legend that is something like 50 years before ish. (and IIRC he spent 10 more years fighting for that crown, went as a merc, a second story happened which I've lost, he settled down very long time passes (like highlander when ramirez is waiting for heather to die) and then a young pup comes along hunted by some evil stuff and he decides maybe he can find life again by sharpening his biggest axe.
(I hope I got that roughly right it has been 10 years since I even read the slipstrassi saga)
So basically big gaps are nice, it lets our imagination fill out the charectors.. how much time did he spend as an addict wandering round having bar fights because he had no cause, how long did he spend 'happy', how many missions went wrong (did he spend a lot of time in prison) etc etc.
just my completely un justified 2 cc :D
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Weyco » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:03 pm

alrighty, just seems odd..
Weyco

Postby estarriol » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:24 pm

With Legend a lot of it was that he wrote his final tale first, so all the others are back fill and filling events alluded too in Legend.

And its a fine book, along with Waylander my favourites of his.
--
estarriol

See my buildings at: www.templebuilder.wordpress.com

Home of 6mm Miniatures and offbeat 28mm Fantasy goodness: www.rapierminiatures.co.uk
estarriol
Mad Dok
Mad Dok

Blog: View Blog (2)