Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Dark Throne Campaign Weekend

6.45pm Monday - Downley community centre, School close, Downley HP13 5TR

Moderators: Jimster, BigJim

Dark Throne Campaign Weekend

Postby Ian » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:31 pm

As the sole Armageddon Inc. representative at the latest Tempus Fugitives event it is beholden to me to give a report of the event. Sorry there are no pictures but I was too busy having fun - sometimes!

The next event is in September and is the Vampire Coast with lots of interesting armies taking part: Cannibals, lizards, dogs soldiers, Pirates of all types to name a few. The pack will come out in May but I know what I am doing already – it is a jungle themed Orcs & Goblin list I just hope to see more of you there.
Attachments
Nagash.pdf
Dart Throne Report
(107.59 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
Ian
Genestealer
Genestealer

Re: Dark Throne Campaign Weekend

Postby DaBoss » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:22 pm

25 attendees - not Tempus Fugitives best turn out but then Fantasy always attracts less than WH40K.

Surprised to see Empire come out on top, but a refreshing change especially as 75% of the players are in what I class Top Tier.
You did your best - what counts is that you had fun?

As to Vampire Coast campaign weekend - at the moment my calendar looks good - clear of family events and other tournaments.
DaBoss
Junior Officer
Junior Officer

Blog: View Blog (43)

Postby Baragash » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:46 pm

I've always felt that the packs get finalised too close to the event for your "average" punter to go down the themed army route.
My Hobby Blog!
My Painting & Modelling Blog!
Gallery
"The Emperor is obviously not a dictator, he's a couch."
Starbuck: "Why can't we use the starboard launch bays?"
Engineer: "Because it's a gift shop!"
Baragash
Sorceror
Sorceror

Blog: View Blog (21)

Postby Ogregut » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:38 pm

Im defo up for the Vampire Coast, the fugitives always put on a good show. I think it was a low turn out due to the date changes and Salute on the same weekend.

You did well seeing as the army depends on magic which you can't really depend on in 8th Ed!

Jungle themed orcs - good job Im painting up lots of savage orcs at the mo!
Yes I study Psychology, no I can't read your mind.........yet!

Devlin mud, painting armies since 2008!
Ogregut
Exarch
Exarch

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Ian » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:07 pm

Baragash wrote:I've always felt that the packs get finalised too close to the event for your "average" punter to go down the themed army route.

Can't really agree with that. The packs are more or less final at least two months before the event with only small changes whcih rarely affect the overall list.

I reckon another 3-4 created new armies for the game but most people seemed to bring their existing armies - some I have seen every time!! SOme poeple like to put the effort in others don't.
Ian
Genestealer
Genestealer

Return to Armageddon Inc

Social Links