Login

Username:


Password:


Remember me



Forgot Password?




 Merchandise





Blogs

Feed

Recent Blog Entries

Next

BHGS Oxford Pairs

by DaBoss on Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:35 pm
After having a few problems getting a partner to join me at the Tournament, I paired up with Neil Moulden taking Natchjager British Tank Company with Cromwells and Challengers.
Myself taking my trusted KG Von Swoboda force, consisting of:
2 Platoons of 4 Flak36 guns (with extra crew)
1 Platoon of 6 Flak43 guns 3.7cm
1 Platoon of 8 Flak38 guns 2cm
1 Platoon of Hummel Tigers
2 Platoons of SS Artillery Batteries (3)
Artillery Warrior Hans-Georg Sonnenstuhl (who allows me to combine artillery batteries and get US ‘Time on Target’ rules).

Plan being where half on half off, I'd Kampfgroup an 8th platoon, placing the big Kampfgroup of AA guns (12 strong), both artillery and the Tigers on table. Does mean my reserves are quite fragile and not really objective grabbers.

Game 1 – Laurence with US 4th Armoured Division in Pincer
US force consisted of:
HQ of CinC Easy Eight & 2id Jumbo Sherman
2 x Combat of a Jumbo, two Easy Eights and a standard Sherman
1 x Sherman 105 tanks (6)
2 x Recce Plato...

[ Continued ]

0 Comments Viewed 34454 times

Predator P1 Bio 1/4 scale 3D modelling continued

by Spack on Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:01 pm
Initial modelling details can be found in blog/Spack/predator_bio_mask_14_scale_modelling_b-176.html

I finally got around to working on the 3D model again, and have reached a point where I'm happy with the details and have prepared the model for printing. As well as finishing the interior venting details, the hose connector on the left temple was replaced with something closer to that used on the NECA Big Red figure (the Big Red bio is almost identical to the original P1 helmet, the only differences being the two half spheres on the forehead and the colour), and a small hose connector detail was added to the left cheek (this detail is missing from the NECA bios).

pdo mask with shell smoothed face vent clean lasers temple pipe.png


pdo mask with...


[ Continued ]
Attachments

2 Comments Viewed 49341 times

Predator bio mask 1/4 scale modelling

by Spack on Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:10 pm
I've recently come into possession of a number of NECA 1/4 scale Predator figures, including the "classic" Jungle Hunter from the first movie with the "closed mouth" head. I've wanted to make a bio mask/helmet for it since I got it, and have spent quite some time trying to find a suitable 3D model to base it on. After much searching around and a number of false starts with low poly models I finally stumbled across a "pepakura" file designed to be printed on paper and cut out to make a full size helmet. Converting to a useable format for 3D modelling took a little time, but I was finally able to get it into Sketchup and start tinkering with it to try and make it suitable for printing in 3D.

I already had a rough mesh of the head from the closed mouth Predator that I'd created using 123d Catch on my phone, and sized in Sketchup to be as close to the physical version as possible. Using this I was then able to scale the pepakura mesh to the head, leaving a little...

[ Continued ]
Attachments

0 Comments Viewed 47884 times

Minecraft Sword

by Spack on Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:57 pm
So my son wanted a Minecraft sword to run around the house with. I've managed to stay well away from Minecraft, but decided to make him one out of cardboard instead of dropping a large amount of cash on a foam one. It was pretty easy to find a large picture of a sword on Google, and then print it out on a couple of sheets of A4 paper. These were then glued to some scrap cardboard from a box using spray mount.

IMG_1188.JPG
IMG_1184.JPG


After allowing to dry this was then cut out using a steel rule and a scalpel. As it's a little thin a second one was made, and then these glued back to back with the edges coloured using felt pen. Finally cellotape was wrapped around it to help protect it against all the bumps it will get while it's swung around, and to stop the two halves coming apart.

IMG_1183.JPG
...

[ Continued ]
Attachments

1 Comment Viewed 76468 times

Horus Heresy & Malifaux

by DaBoss on Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:18 pm
Had another good day of painting with my son.

I managed to Biel-Tan Ink Wash my Sons of Horus.
003.JPG

Notice: I've added the Brass etched Sons of Horus Symbols to the Spartans.
Next I need to Dry Brush them with Dawnstone to lighten the Green Wash to match the test 5 I painted last year.
Still waiting for the Sponsons for the Spartans

Then we both spent some time painting up my next crew for Malifaux (actually Bradley quite likes them but using Somer Teeth Jones)
Here is what I've got finished for Ophelia Crew:
001.JPG

Ophelia Master
2 Bayou Gremlins
2 Slop Haulers
4 Piglets
2 Stuffed Piglets
2 War Pigs

Bradley is painting up the other 5 Bayou Gremlins and Somer.

I think Ophelia will be on the table for tomorrows game of Malifaux 50 Soulstones.
Attachments

5 Comments Viewed 165154 times
Blog Stats
141Total Entries
222Total Comments
Search Blogs