Remember me

Forgot Password?


Thunderhawk progress 2nd January 2013

Permanent Linkby Cain Tiberius on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:27 pm

Just a small update.

I built the fuselage back end so the main body is the correct size/shape now. I also made the engine struts that connect between the body and the engines. The pins are while the glue sets.


Please remember gaps etc will either be covered with detail, or filled in later on. I also mocked up an engine nacelle just to gauge size etc. It's not glued together or to the body, and more detail will be added later.
As I said on the 2012 4th 1/4 thread, they will/are made from 32mm waste pipe that can be obtained from any hard ware store relatively cheap. The ends of the engine are made from 22 mm pipe joiner that I was able to take appart as you will in the pic below. I also got some plastic shot glasses for the exhaust cones, but they are a bit brittle. If I can find an alternative, I may change.


Here is a test fit..


Not a huge amount of progress, but time has been short last few days. Hopefully I'll have alot more progress in my next update.


My BA Blog

Semper Fidelis
0 Comments Viewed 26433 times
User avatar
Cain Tiberius
Posts: 637
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:36 pm
Blog: View Blog (36)
- August 2013
Eldar 12/08/13 Farseer and Ranger Squad.
   Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:31 pm
Malifaux: Oiran for Ten Thunders.
   Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:02 pm

+ July 2013
+ May 2013
+ April 2013
+ March 2013
+ February 2013
+ January 2013
+ December 2012
+ November 2012
+ September 2012
+ August 2012
+ March 2012
+ February 2012
+ November 2011
+ September 2011
+ August 2011
+ July 2011
+ May 2011
+ March 2011
Search Blogs