Age of Strife


http://www.ageofstrife.com/blog/Spack/index_sid-5ca8e4a1e6fd500ff2f18ba9dd83d0a8_start-25.html

Author:  Spack [ Tue May 15, 2012 1:13 am ]
Blog Subject:  Panzerzug BP44 Train OO Scratchbuild

Combining my interest in WW2, and my son's model railway, I've decided to build a WW2 era German Panzerzug train that can run on OO gauge tracks. My plan is to build a running train, utilising a second hand loco chassis (still scouring ebay for one that isn't too pricey) and axles (either new or stripped from damaged wagons), along with plasticard. I could make it easy and simple and convert an existing plastic kit but that's horrendously expensive. Available HO train kits tend to be resin based and cost a fortune. Scratchbuilding the should be pretty cheap, and allows for more customisation of the wagons to include. Who knows, maybe a Leopold railway gun will be included at some point in the future :)

First problem was finding blueprints of the locomotive and carriages, after a bit of digging around I managed to track down a copy of the Waldemar Trojca Panzerzug BP42/BP44 book which contains a few...

[ Continued ]

Tags: RailwayPanzerzug

Author:  Spack [ Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:39 pm ]
Blog Subject:  Grey Knights Dreadknight Conversion WIP Part 3

I just couldn't leave it alone again. This time I decided that the shoulders needed a little something, and I ended up adding some pauldrons.

Image Image Image

Other than magnetising the weapons the Dreadknight is (at least for the moment!) complete.

Image...

[ Continued ]

Tags: Grey KnightsDreadknightConversion

Author:  Spack [ Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:26 pm ]
Blog Subject:  Grey Knights Dreadknight Conversion WIP Part 2

One day on and I decided I didn't like my first attempt at the Dreadnought style torso. After grabbing my FW MKIV GK Dreadnought and putting it side-by-side with the Dreadknight I realised that the "sarcophogus" was too small. So with my trusty Oyumaru thermosetting plastic I set out to replicate the FW Dreadnought torso onto the Dreadknight. After 3 failed attempts (not enough GS the first time, too much the second, knocked it while setting for the third and distorted it badly, grr!) I now have a torso I'm happy with.

The armour panels were pressed separately to make it easier to mount to the body.

Image Image...

[ Continued ]

Tags: Grey KnightsConversionDreadknight

Author:  Spack [ Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:43 pm ]
Blog Subject:  Grey Knights Dreadknight Conversion WIP

While I like the concept of the Dreadknight, and at first I didn't mind the terminator harnessed on the front, I've slowly realised that I don't like the terminator or the exposed exo-skeleton pistons on the arms. I also wanted to adjust the position of the legs so that it doesn't look quite so static. Today I found myself with a bit of spare time and decided to have a crack at it.

The legs were built pretty much as stock, although the front armour above the toe was left off (this will be used on the thighs to help fill in the gaps left by the missing terminator legs). The back hoses at the top which connect to the hip piece were clipped off as they would need adjusting when the legs were posed, and the rear toe was trimmed down a little to allow the front ankle to rotate far enough to move the front leg forward. Next the blocks at the top of the legs were snipped off and glued into the hip piece, and then the tops of the legs glued to them, and glue added to the ankles. The legs were...

[ Continued ]

Tags: Grey KnightsDreadknightConversion

Time zone: Europe/London [ DST ]

Powered by phpBB © 2002, 2006 phpBB Group
www.phpbb.com

Blogs powered by User Blog Mod © EXreaction
www.lithiumstudios.org