Login

Username:

Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Quadrant 13

Other news items to post on home page, but not related to other stuff on the site

Quadrant 13

Postby estarriol » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:40 am

New Sc-Fi game from TooFatLardies that might interest a few here:

http://toofatlardies.co.uk/index.php?ma ... x&cPath=24

It is a pdf, and/or tablet edition, Hardcopy means print your own.

The game is based on Big Men (aliens/Pseudopods/Arthropods/et al) who command the squads and platoons that make up your forces.

Game play is card driven from a single action deck.

Rulkes are generic with advise on how to make your own armies to suit your figures, including differences in tech levels etc.

It is scenario driven rather than points listing.

The blurb says 6mm (excellent for all those epic minis) to 15mm, but smaller definitely works and larger 28mm/GW sized figs will work but may need a larger table.

So if your looking for something a bit different in Sci-Fi, maybe give them a look.

Note: Other than as a customer of the company I have no involvement in these rules, just helping to spread the Lard.
--
estarriol

See my buildings at: www.templebuilder.wordpress.com

Home of 6mm Miniatures and offbeat 28mm Fantasy goodness: www.rapierminiatures.co.uk
estarriol
Mad Dok
Mad Dok

Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Quadrant 13

Postby mattjgilbert » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:46 am

Have you tried it yet?
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby estarriol » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:08 pm

Released this morning, just printed it out, so still reading them.

However they are based on the IABSM rules for WW2 in many of the mechanisms, and those I know well and like, they add a degree of friction about what you can or can't do at any given moment, but are not intrusive into the game. SO I have high hopes for these.
--
estarriol

Home of 6mm Miniatures and offbeat 28mm Fantasy goodness: www.rapierminiatures.co.uk
estarriol
Mad Dok
Mad Dok

Postby killmaimburn » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:51 am

So they are a ruleset that progress on from another aimed for a generic market, to be applied by people with imagination and flare.....and money. I have none of these, but I wish them well. :)

Review of IABSM so that folks know a bit more about the progenitor ruleset http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/781295
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby estarriol » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:23 pm

If by generic you mean a ruleset not tied to a range of figures yes.
--
estarriol

estarriol
Mad Dok
Mad Dok

Postby killmaimburn » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:07 pm

Well I did, but thats not what they say, they say rules 100% generic without qualification /
The rules are completely generic,

The blurb for that game is not the most aweinspiringly motivational I have read, but I understood what they meant :lol:
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby estarriol » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:30 pm

Rich (the publisher) has a real 'thing' about not caring what make of toys you use with his rulesets, as long as you have have fun when playing the rules, and he doesn't really get Space Pixies at all. Robert Avery who worte these rules, does get Space Pixies, and wanted Rules that went beyond the Franchises (GW, Privateer etc) and made use of the wide range of Sc9i-Fi figs that out there and available.

I am sure someone will do a pseudo Gw set of lists at some point, not least as a lot of potential players already have the models (me for one) but I am working on Daleks, Treen and UNIT & BAOV first up.
--
estarriol

estarriol
Mad Dok
Mad Dok

Return to Other News

Social Links