Login

Username:

Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

KMB + LH finally do Apocalypse-**NOW WITH VIDBATREP**

Want to show off your painted figures? Got a cool conversion? Need some ideas?

Re: KMB + LH finally do Apocalypse

Postby Ljundhammer » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:18 pm

Like it.

Battle plan and running commentry of said plan as we go...
When in deadly danger
When beset by doubt
Run in little circles
Wave your arms and shout
- parody of the litany of command
Ljundhammer
Brother-Captain
Brother-Captain

Postby ruffian4 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:25 am

Last few hours of frantic fiddling fellows!

10 to 1 on, the doomsday device turns out to be a fairy cake in disguise.
killmaimburn wrote:If this is a masked ball, then the other bits of him are off spiking the teachers punch.

DEATH WATCH DEATH RATTLE DEATHS DOOR AINT I DIED ENOUGH BEFORE?
ruffian4
4th dan imbecile
Sorceror

Postby killmaimburn » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:36 pm

I'm not sure about 'feelings' throughout
a) I tend to whine nonstop, far too Rodney Mckay..and Lh is just quiet and stary to freak out opponents.
b) too much face time, I'd like this to be at most 15 minutes after its chopped and cut together.5 turnsx2 people diary entrys..long and long.
c) far too blair witch.

How about just we have a sketch out of what the manager says in a the dressing room (you know the basic pitch with a load of arrows all over the place for the perfect play=s win in our heads). which hopefully will be so different to reality as to cause jokes.
I'm assuming damocles can't help demons coming on.. But i figured chaos icons could.(not that my zerkers will live passed turn one).
I've sorted my stuff into what stuff is setting up turn 1, whats coming on turn 2 (rounded correctly ) and what comes on in turn 3.. So I ought to be able to throw down pretty quick.
Wife ladies leaving around 8ish am apparently so could actually max out a full 14 hours.. although I think we'd need more tobacco.(alkyfrol is good. cleaned fire.. pizzas in)
oh and mr6 said that he could game tommorroww (first time in 2 months he's picked up his phone),my responce was curt.

All we need to do now is pray that Lh bought those templates and the wives don't get snowbound near our gaming tabel with the kids. :D
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby killmaimburn » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:06 am

Man,, its quiet around here.
just to say the battle did take place. We won't say what happened or who won until the batrep vid comes out.
Hit a slight wall re: video in that lily is off with chickenpox, reducing my free time this week to zero.

Trying to get them all in order also seems to be a pain (video recorder arbitriarily assigned A-z 0-20 designations for video and images ) so they need to be put in order before I can start working out how much audio I want to keep, whether to add pauses for more info etc,
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby mattjgilbert » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:47 pm

Looking foward to seeing it!

re: quiet: I've not been that active. Very busy in work which is also spilling into free time at home.
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby ruffian4 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:46 pm

Should be good, if not better or worse!
killmaimburn wrote:If this is a masked ball, then the other bits of him are off spiking the teachers punch.

ruffian4
4th dan imbecile
Sorceror

Postby timewizard » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:46 pm

ruffian4 wrote:Should be good, if not better or worse!

Or great, if not fantastic or terrible! :D
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Medals: 11
Gold Wreath (1) Gold (1) Silver Wreath (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby killmaimburn » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:40 am

Further apologies..
Bat rep probably won't turn up.
After the kids were ill for 6 weeks I got out of the pattern.I still have most of the raw resources (video pics and stuff)..but the whole conversation (Text/making phonically correct letter sounds (rather than correctly spelled) text to speech blocks,then cutting and pasting the 9 voices and syncing them up to make conversations that I did for narration), all appear to have gone walkies.
So with the narration at square one (that was easily 2 weeks work to get it through deployment and turn1)....
And then it being 3 months now since the game its very hard to remember anything with a narrative, (LH can't even remember his list)
I'm officially long grassing it,
Maybe next time
Soz
T

All that is left to say is... I won, my doomsday device chucked out 3 apoc blasts at his command stuff and my double Ds from my frog walking titan kicked 2 baneblades. Vortex grenades on both sides were v SEXY.
It took an hour to setup and 3 hours to play (inc smoking and food breaks)
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby ruffian4 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:05 pm

Owwwwww!
I told you that doomsday thing would be brilliant, didn't I? I did you know.

ruffian4
4th dan imbecile
Sorceror

Postby killmaimburn » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:25 pm

Managed to find the file..used some of my free time last week to pull together something to put up..uploading now.

However..I did have to bodge a few chunks together- disclaimer

its missing the bit where the super vortex missile hits the titan (to very little effect), Should have made some image boards to make sure I knew how the story was going to flow.Rather than adlibbing the whole thing.

this was mine and LHs first 12,000 pointer..maybe batreps should be done on more familiar territory.

the sound quality of layered background music, sound effects and music *in video* clash rather badly..next time when videoing I won't have music pumping out too, it makes voices+sounds+2 pieces of music V messy to try and clean up.

Video codec not the best, everything was going a bit wrong by then.

Vid editiing software created full video logs for each stage amendment etc of everyscene and every edit ...so my base unit can barely load and won't have any icons on the desktop... the project file for this over the last week went from 3 gig to 46 gig (stupid program can't work out what should and shouldn't be kept...bahh).In the end that was the rush.. to get it into a final product before my PC stopped booting (I tried transfering the files but it kept loosing track of all the bits and bobs).

So yeah.. a first, maybe a last from our lot.
Its 16min40..so don't you dare watch it when you don't have time etc.

When its finished uploading I'll post a link....(should go up at 16.30 GMT if uploading time is right)
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Re: KMB + LH finally do Apocalypse-uploading VID BATREP

Postby timewizard » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:31 pm

Seems to have become a work of epic proportions!
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Postby killmaimburn » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:23 pm

I know I know, the entire web is out there wetting its knickers wondering why it isn't up...
Well I'm in a queue and "conversion" will begin in 20 minutes (i got all my bits done and dusted 45 minutes ago I just keep being dropped to the back of the queue....its that or pay premium)
Still better than Utube, that would have made me chop 7 minutes out, or utube which would have compressed it weirdly so you couldn't read my text....erm I say this waiting a bit anxious about what "conversion" will do (as its already been from camcorder format to merged project raw to divx...I hope they don't fudge the framerates up)

Somebody nag me if its not up by 9.
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby killmaimburn » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:19 pm

Its up...finally

Contains some swear words.Contains a chunk of imaginary violence of earthshaking proportions.
If you turn scaling off the picture is smaller but less blurry.
Don't pause it constantly to read the text, its lists and credits.. after you've watched the whole thing go back and read them if you need too.

If you wish to watch this in clicking the link you are committing yourself to posting a quick reply in this thread to say you did, and maybe something nice about it.
(I know the sound sucks and its so dual infoing (text and voices at same time) you need to watch it twice, you don't need to tell me that).
Last edited by killmaimburn on Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby timewizard » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:32 pm

Looks great at a quick glance. Only had time to watch about the first half.
Did have to pause quite a bit in the beginning to read all the scrolling words.
Nice effort overall!
Will watch the rest later on.
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Re: KMB + LH finally do Apocalypse-**NOW WITH VIDBATREP**

Postby killmaimburn » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:40 pm

Don't pause to read text..its just lists and credits and acknowledgements,
Listen to audio fluff.. Then go back and read the list etc if you must.. :D
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

PreviousNext

Return to Painting & Modelling - General

Social Links