Login

Username:

Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Chaos Warhound Finally Getting Painted...

Want to show off your painted figures? Got a cool conversion? Need some ideas?

Chaos Warhound Finally Getting Painted...

Postby Spack » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:24 am

Trying to motivate myself to paint up my Chaos Warhound. Bought it direct from FW many years ago, Titan no 160. It only ever had a black undercoat and a bit of drybrush with silver, brass and white to get bare minimum 3 colours for its first game back in 2006.

I thought I'd try twisting the weapon ball joint mounts to see if the glue would give way so I could fit magnets, but managed to detach the left shoulder instead :/. That's what I get for using epoxy. The upper hull and head upper were never glued on so I'd have access to the interior, and the waist has a piece of 10mm aluminium tube inserted that is far stronger than the magnets I put in when I first built it. Shin armour I managed to get off without to much damage, and the thigh armour if never glued so that gives easier access to leg details.

IMG_20181116_100437724.jpg

I'm still toying with popping the right shoulder out. Will make painting the mega bolter a little easier, and give a little more access to the interior. But it's in pretty tight, and I'm a bit nervous about breaking the resin. I'll have a cuppa first ...
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Medals: 2
Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Re: Chaos Warhound Finally Getting Painted...

Postby Spack » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:30 pm

Gave the weapon mounts a bit more of a forceful twist and heard a crack, luckily it wasn't the resin breaking. Looks like I'd used Superglue when building it.

IMG_20181116_120913549.jpg

I'm going to magnetise the ball and sockets so that the weapons can be removed, and swapped with alternatives. Many years ago Toby / killmaimburn gave me a scratchbuilt turbo laser, I'll now be able to use it on the Warhound although the socket will need deepening a little, and the weapon could do with some damage and chaosifying.
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Medals: 2
Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Re: Chaos Warhound Finally Getting Painted...

Postby Angelwing » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:21 pm

Looking forward to the progress!
Angelwing
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

Medals: 17
Gold (5) Silver (1) Painting Entrant (11)

Return to Painting & Modelling - General

Social Links