Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

CSM for 7th

Post your army lists here!

CSM for 7th

Postby Daimyo52 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:59 am

Hi Guys

i was here about 5yrs ago using CSM and haven't played for a long long while and thought I would give the new book ago and dig my CSM out.

Here's my first thought's after doing quite a bit if reading and using the majority of stuff I already have...... 1850 pts

Nurgle Lord on bike............. PF / Sigil / Blight Grenades

3 x 7 PM's ( icon of Despair / 2 melta / PF ) in Rhino's
2 x 3 Nurgle Oblits
5 Nurgle Spawn
2 x Heldrake ( Baleflamer )

Lord, PM's, Oblits all have Veterans of the long war rule.

Comments welcome, especially on allies and what if any Daemon / Necron units you would put in and why.

cheers

Gerry
Daimyo52

Re: CSM for 7th

Postby Daimyo52 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:12 am

37 Views and no comments........... Are CSM / My list that rubbish 8O
Daimyo52

Postby Angelwing » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:29 am

Well to be fair, Csm aren't my area of expertise, and I'm not playing 7th ed, so any comments I give would be out of date..

The list looks very solid though.
Angelwing
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

Medals: 17
Gold (5) Silver (1) Painting Entrant (11)

Postby markb » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:47 am

Yeah, that's the problem. If you look through the recent posting history you will see a rapid decline in the popularity of 40k, especially with the release of 7th ed. Now if you were asking abut Dropzone Commander....
"The guns have stopped because we are at last about to attack. Even our generals aren't mad enough to shell their own men, they think its far more sporting to let the Germans do it!"

Capt Edmund Blackadder, the Somme, 1917.

markb
Captain
Captain

Location: On a high plains desert somewhere near Uzbekistan, lets leave it at that
Medals: 1
Painting Entrant (1)

Postby Firecrest_inc » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:58 pm

Looks like a solid list, the hellturkey took a slight hit in the new edition but its still a top notch flier. Also I see that you're ignoring the psychic phase because its an all or nothing phase in that if you don't out level your opponent you won't get the powers off like you did in previous editions.

If I had one criticism for your list it would be numbers, 33 guys, 3 transports and 2 fliers doesn't seem like a lot for the points level.
Firecrest_inc
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Darklighter » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:38 pm

Lol 40k isn't dead or dying it's just some of the older players have lost interest or can't keep pace and as a result have moved on... They also happen to shout about it allot making it seem like it's in decline.

I'd also echo the fact that your numbers seem very limited and I think you are in danger of being to elite with your list. With the new missions types if you are heavily outnumbered or easy to take out with weight of fire it'll make some of the VPs easy pickings for your opponent.

The Rhino's though are a nice touch and I can see many more list taking transports in battle forged lists as the extra scoring unit can make or break game.

As for allies I could see deamon summoning deamons would help to cure your lack of boots on the ground and help to counter enemy threats as they happen (but that would be a large investment in models).

I do think you are right to stay away from MCs as they are far far to easy to take down. High armour seems to be the way forward in the early game of 7th but can be a huge points drain for most armies and offers not a lot of flexibility or anti-air.
What, no image sigs!
Darklighter
Shas'el
Shas'el

Medals: 19
Gold (3) Silver (2) Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (13)

Postby berger15 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:23 pm

Darklighter wrote:Lol 40k isn't dead or dying it's just some of the older players have lost interest or can't keep pace and as a result have moved on... They also happen to shout about it allot making it seem like it's in decline.

I suppose that view is very dependent on what you are looking at, or what you see at your club. At our club, it appears 40K is played a lot less than before. The accounts also suggest lower sales figures. I'm sure other clubs see 40K growing - especially with 7th ed.

Darklighter wrote:I'd also echo the fact that your numbers seem very limited and I think you are in danger of being to elite with your list. With the new missions types if you are heavily outnumbered or easy to take out with weight of fire it'll make some of the VPs easy pickings for your opponent.

Yep - I'd agree - 33 men is quite low - you'll probably really suffer against horde armies like 'nids or Orks. Both weight of fire and lack of CC attacks will really tell.
D&D quote of the decade:"Wait, doesn't anyone have a Rod of Resurrection? If you've got one, I need it bad. Get in here with your rod and give it to me!"
berger15
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

Postby Darklighter » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:07 pm

@Berger15 Look on ebay as the older gamers are getting rid of armies the younger ones are snapping them up on the cheep. GWs sales might be down but that's not a true indicator to what is happening with the hobby.
What, no image sigs!
Darklighter
Shas'el
Shas'el

Postby Daimyo52 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:34 am

40K Army: Chaos
So having looked at the feedback from the previous thread i have made a few changes and added a Crimson Slaughter list as well.

Nurgle Lord.................Bike / Power Axe / BG / Sigil / Meltabombs / Burning Brand

8 PM's.......................Despair / 2 Meltaguns.
2 x 7 PM's..................Despair / 2 x Plasmaguns
5 Nurgle Spawn
3 Nurgle Oblits............Votlw
2 Nurgle Oblits............Votlw
2 Heldrakes

Crimson Slaughter list

Nurgle Lord.................Bike / Power Axe / BG / Sigil / Meltabombs
Nurgle Sorceror...........Lvl 2 / Spell Familiar
7 PM's.......................2 Meltaguns.
2 x 7 PM's..................1 Melta + 1 Plasmagun
5 Nurgle Spawn
3 Nurgle Oblits
2 Nurgle Oblits
2 Heldrakes

Stilll a bit short of bodies on the fround but I think I'd have to drop a Heldrake for more troops or make a PM unit into vanilla marines.

comments as usual welcome.

Daimyo52

Postby berger15 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:50 am

Darklighter wrote:@Berger15 Look on ebay as the older gamers are getting rid of armies the younger ones are snapping them up on the cheep. GWs sales might be down but that's not a true indicator to what is happening with the hobby.

As I say, I think what we see at our clubs is a good indicator too. At our club it is played less than it was two years ago. The perception could be it's in decline. And if there are a high number of items up for resale, then again, it re-inforces the perception of decline. The fact that the stock is selling for such low value shows there is little demand, and if there is little demand, there must be fewer people after the stock - it all points to decline. It's not a bad thing - it may be the shock GW need to sort themselves out. And a strong GW, with it's high street shops, is (potentially) good for everyone.
But that's a discussion for another thread. :mrgreen:

Back on topic :) ->

I would (personally) drop a Heldrake for more footsloggers - just bog standard CSMs. I just like having lots of shots. More dice, more hits, more kills. Not sure you could get much more in if you were to drop a Heldrake though. And as fliers go, they are pretty good.
D&D quote of the decade:"Wait, doesn't anyone have a Rod of Resurrection? If you've got one, I need it bad. Get in here with your rod and give it to me!"
berger15
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

Postby Firecrest_inc » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:21 pm

Drop a drake, add in a blob of cultists with autoguns and stubbers for some back field objective hugging. Also whats the difference between PMS and Nurgle CSM? if they are cheaper maybe sub one of the squads to that to skim some points.
Firecrest_inc
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Darklighter » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:20 am

berger15 wrote:As I say, I think what we see at our clubs is a good indicator too. At our club it is played less than it was two years ago. The perception could be it's in decline. And if there are a high number of items up for resale, then again, it re-inforces the perception of decline. The fact that the stock is selling for such low value shows there is little demand, and if there is little demand, there must be fewer people after the stock - it all points to decline. It's not a bad thing - it may be the shock GW need to sort themselves out. And a strong GW, with it's high street shops, is (potentially) good for everyone.
But that's a discussion for another thread. :mrgreen:

Added bold to highlight my reference.

I think it says more about you then anything else that you'd expect a second hand well used products to sell for a premium or even close to full retail value. It's not at all that the demand isn't there as stuff IS selling, it's the shear numbers of old-guard gamers getting shot that are keeping the market saturated.

On topic. I'd also really recommend cultist blobs for Chaos they can really bring the pain through numbers and with dark apostles leading them they can become super powerful units (depending on boons rolled). Just watch out for challenges.
What, no image sigs!
Darklighter
Shas'el
Shas'el

Return to 40K Army Lists

Social Links