Username:

Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

WN8 Rating Changes

WN8 Rating Changes

Postby Spack » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:31 pm

While trying to determine why the WN8 value on my account was different on the Age of Strife stats page ( wot/stats.php ) and sigs to those shown on Wotlabs.net and XVM I stumbled across the expected WN8 JSON data that XVM is now using. This data used to come from the WN Efficiency site at http://www.wnefficiency.net/wnexpected/ (which haven't been updated since May 2017), but XVM are now generating this data themselves on a daily basis rather than relying on the owner of VBAddict.net to generate them as they were before. I have now migrated the WN8 expected values data over to the XVM version, although I'll only be updating it weekly rather than daily so if a significant change is made it may take a few days for the AoS stats/sig to align.

Personal note: somehow my WN8 rating jumped from 1302 to 1338 with this change, so either I'm playing better or a lot of people using the same tanks I am are playing worse ...
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Medals: 2
Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Re: WN8 Rating Changes

Postby berger15 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:04 pm

Hmm - looking at my new stats, I am an artillery God - and cannon fodder at all other times.......
D&D quote of the decade:"Wait, doesn't anyone have a Rod of Resurrection? If you've got one, I need it bad. Get in here with your rod and give it to me!"
berger15
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

Postby Spack » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:34 pm

On a slight roll this week, have now added WN8 ratings by tier, nation, and class.
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Postby senpaierick » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:25 pm

Hi Spack, the WoT Stats on Age of Strife are broken: http://ageofstrife.com/wot/stats.php?id ... &server=eu

WG probably changed their API somehow. I don't know if you track how many people use it, but I do and I love it very much due to the 30-day per tank stats feature. Is there any hope to fix it?
senpaierick

Postby Spack » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:13 pm

I'll take a look and see what they broke. It's possible that I was relying on a deprecated API call because some of the newer calls don't return all of the tankopedia information, and that's used for all of the vehicle data. Thanks for letting me know it wasn't working, I haven't played for a few weeks so hadn't been checking the stats page.

UPDATE: Well it was a lot simpler than an API change - Wargaming.net changed their terms and required me to login to the developer API part of their site and agree to the new terms. I would have expected to have been sent an email or notified in some other way in advance that this was required, but they never did. Hopefully it'll be stable now.
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Postby jlong05 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:42 pm

your stats are all looking good guys. wish I could just server transfer so I could tank with you all.
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.

jlong05
Master Jedi
Commander

Painting Entrant (2)

Return to World of Tanks

Social Links