Username:

Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

W40K Battle Report - TAU vs DARK ANGELS

Re: W40K Battle Report - TAU vs DARK ANGELS

Postby KInG » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:46 am

actually there's no spell checker in movie maker and I spotted another also... might have to reload the video :(

will definitely be running large text blobs through word in future.
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Postby Angelwing » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:13 am

timewizard wrote:
Easy Angelwing, he's just being obtuse!

Boom!

But yes spell checker has made me a bit lazy too.
Angelwing
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

Medals: 17
Gold (5) Silver (1) Painting Entrant (11)

Postby CaptainGnarr » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:06 pm

On the subject of spelling, I saw the word "enclave" spelled at least two different ways. Unfortunately, neither of them were "enclave" :P

So, uh, hi! I'm new here and decided that the best way to make a good first impression is to show up, tell you that you can't spell and generally criticize your video! Partially kidding :D

I found your youtube channel thanks to Luke's (StrikingScorpion82) referral. As a big fan of Luke's channel I've been looking for other batreps worth watching and sadly there just doesn't seem to be many. Like you I'm hoping to soon start making my own. After all, we have to be the change we want to see in the world, right?

I want to sincerely thank you for making these batreps. There appears to be a lot of people online who really enjoy watching batreps and, like I said, there's a distinct lack of quality ones available. Yours are the best I've seen after Luke's. Good job! There are some issues, of course, but I think they've all been covered already. One important thing I want to say is that I approve of your dedication to only using painted models. Please please please don't be tempted to use anything less. I also really love the way you attempt to always tell a story. You clearly have an intrinsic understanding of what a batrep should be and what it shouldn't be. Many batreps are atrocious due to half-painted models, endless dice rolling with no actual narrative and essentially no editing. So again, congratulations and thank you for your effort.

Why have you disabled comments on the videos though? Admittedly that made me register here but I think more often than not it's going to put people off a bit.

As I'm working towards making batreps of my own I was wondering if you could offer any technical tips. For example, what editing software do you use?

One final question: In your video it said something about Warhammer World being your home. Does this mean you're based in Nottingham? I'm currently based in Nottingham myself and would like to find a gaming group eventually :)

Edit: Can anyone tell me why I'm unauthorized to send private messages? Seems rude not to reply to the one I've already received but I don't seem to have any say in the matter :(
CaptainGnarr
Guardsman
Guardsman

Postby KInG » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:44 pm

Welcome captaingnarr and thanks for you critic and praise, they are very welcome... let me try to answer your questions:

1. Comments disabled: well that was initially done to try and drive traffic to our forum and webstore, but that isn't working and I had already revised that decision, although it seems I may have been wrongly assuming that I had gone back and enabled the comments. So I will revisit that.

2. Editing Software: I just use the default one in windows: Movie Maker which you can install from the Windows Essentials package.

3. Based in Nottingham: No I'm in Middlesbrough, but recently built an extension on my house which has 75% of the space devoted to my 'Man Cave' / hobby room. It is that which I fondly refer to as Warhammer World North East. ;)

4. Private Messages: I think that after a few posts you're automatically upgraded to a status that allows you to post PMs. and in other areas. So hopefully you will find our small but active community worth staying in touch with ;)

Good to talk, don't feed the animals, especially Talus... ;)
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby timewizard » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:36 pm

KInG wrote:Good to talk, don't feed the animals, especially Talus... ;)

....and the Time Wizard! :D Oh, wait....that's me!

Welcome to the site captaingnarr, hope to see more posts form you.

Why not jump over to the welcome forum and introduce yourself, let us know what games you play or are interested in.

Good site here, nice fellows and gals.....well....mostly, just watch out for KInG and his rules questions!! ;)
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Medals: 11
Gold Wreath (1) Gold (1) Silver Wreath (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby CaptainGnarr » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:27 am

So, any more batreps on the horizon?

I've filmed two so far and should hopefully have them edited and uploaded in a week or so. I've started a youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/GrimDarkGamingGDG) and put your channel in the "featured channels" section. After I get those first couple of batreps up maybe you could return the favour? Only if you think we deserve it, of course.

Hope to see more batreps from you soon!
CaptainGnarr
Guardsman
Guardsman

Postby KInG » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:46 pm

sure thing, get back to me when they're up.

as for my channel, I'm in between games atm, wondering around in the wilderness.

I have a Bolt Action US army all painted now. A Dropzone Commander army of PHR all base coloured, and now a Wolsung club of Inventors that I've just put together. So right now I dunno what Batrep I would do, if any, right this second.

Im sure we'll get to something consistent and throw a few videos up, but nothing concrete atm.
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby Darklighter » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:39 pm

Ha see you stray from GW and you have to buy every other game on the market just to get a game with that shifting fads. :P
What, no image sigs!
Darklighter
Shas'el
Shas'el

Medals: 19
Gold (3) Silver (2) Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (13)

Postby KInG » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:27 pm

lol well maybe, but I think that's too early to say yet.

DZC is my main game at the moment.
BA is my next serious game, although I do intend to pull my FoW army back out.
Wolsung is just for shitz and giggles ;)
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby CaptainGnarr » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:21 pm

I'm scared to try any new games. I have no time or money for any more obsessions :D

So, my first batrep is up. Comments would be welcomed! All advice/thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks guys :)
CaptainGnarr
Guardsman
Guardsman

Postby Angelwing » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:17 pm

Having a watch now. :)

edit: quite enjoyed that. I like the terrain breakdown at the beginning, the turn summery was good too. Nicely painted models as well!
Angelwing
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

Medals: 17
Gold (5) Silver (1) Painting Entrant (11)

Postby CaptainGnarr » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 pm

Thanks Angelwing, glad you liked it. Currently uploading the next one so check back tomorrow if you feel like trying another similar one.
CaptainGnarr
Guardsman
Guardsman

Previous

Return to 40k Video Battle Reports

Social Links