Username:

Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Destiny 2 PC

Destiny 2 PC

Postby Spack » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:38 pm

Anyone here playing Destiny 2 on PC? Grabbed it while it is free for the base game, got a Hunter up power level 261 in a few days, it's good fun but I'm not sure I want to drop £40 on the expansions yet.

Played it almost totally solo on this character so far, barring one Strike mission where I was randomly put in with 2 other players. Might be tempted to join a Fireteam if any other members play, but I'm not really one for playing with random people.

In other news, I've been playing War Thunder arcade air battlels at with a couple of old friends and this week we've just lost our first game as a group of 3 after 81 wins in a row. Now we have to start all over again to try to get 100 in a row ...
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Medals: 2
Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Re: Destiny 2 PC

Postby Spack » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:45 pm

So I ended up buying the Forsaken pack for Destiny 2, played most of it although there are a couple of quest missions I can't complete solo so will have to look for some other PC players to run with as there's no match making to play them with random people, have to be part of a fireteam first. I'm actually enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would, and my Hunter is almost level 620. Still haven't run a Nightfall Strike, Leviathan, or a Raid yet. And while I'm not a big fan of PvP, and most of the Crucible I just die a lot, I found I'm OK with the Iron Banner matches and unlocked all of the armour and hit Legend rank in an afternoon easily, and came top of my team on most wins.

I even set up a Twitch TV channel at https://www.twitch.tv/ageofstrife71 although it's mostly just me soloing Destiny 2 with no microphone or webcam so it's pretty boring, and from time to time there are some War Thunder Air Arcade battles with my friends, we still haven't bested or 81 wins in a row yet but we'll get there at some point.
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Re: Destiny 2 PC

Postby Spack » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:42 pm

I'm really enjoying Destiny 2, more so than I thought I would. Even the PvP isn't too bad - I suck badly in most of it, but sometimes in Gambit and the Iron Banner I can hold my own. Still figuring out what weapons to use, and what armour perks to take with the weapons I'm using. My biggest issue is that I'm mostly playing solo, so I still haven't run a Nightfall Strike or raid yet. I'm ok with random fireteams for Vanguard Strikes, and know what to do in most of them now, but so far the guided game beta for Nightfall has been a waste of time as nobody appears to be registering for helping out new players, I've sat for almost an hour a few times waiting for other players before giving up. Guess I'm going to have to join a clan, or use the Bungie request system for players. Would prefer to get some of my real life friends to play, my son has played his Titan up to light level 300 in co-op with my Titan but prefers to play games with his friends.

Right now the Twitch thing is just experimenting. I'm running a single PC and streaming live, so it's trying to balance the encoding options with the CPU usage. So far seems ok, but my streams are pretty boring as I'm just playing and not using my headset.

When I'm playing War Thunder with friends I tend to have the headset on, but as we're not actively pushing Twitch right now it's just us chatting like we always do when playing, with game related ranting and discussions of loadouts as we go. Plus my webcam is a bit crap, and I'm not photogenic anyway, so I'm not sure it'll go very far.
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall