Login

Username:

Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

GT heat 3 news

For event announcements to be shown in the recent news on the forum home page.

GT heat 3 news

Postby KInG » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:59 pm

well it's all over:

out of 9 AoS players, 2 players progressed:

sami 16th and myself placed 21st.

here's the team photo (sami missing, too busy winning ;) )

IMAG0732.jpg

well done everyone, great weekend had by all.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Re: GT heat 3 news

Postby Baragash » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:59 pm

I was at the far end of the hall from the shop at the time and no one came to get me :cry:

TBH I'm feeling quite proud of myself at the moment as the 4 games at AoS in August and the 3 I played in the run up to GT are all I've played this calendar year, and over the last 3 years with studying outside of work I've probably only played the same amount again.

Was great to hang out with you lot again see you at the next meet up :)
My Hobby Blog!
My Painting & Modelling Blog!
Gallery
"The Emperor is obviously not a dictator, he's a couch."
Starbuck: "Why can't we use the starboard launch bays?"
Engineer: "Because it's a gift shop!"
Baragash
Sorceror
Sorceror

Blog: View Blog (21)

Postby Daimyo52 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:08 pm

Just got back too

pleased I did pretty well for my first tournament but disappointed and not scraping thru ( 51st ) talked to King and fixer briefly

got to decide what to paint next 8O
Daimyo52

Postby timewizard » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:15 pm

As a fellow AoSer, i am truly proud of the team.

If there were points awarded for stylish dress and sporting team colors, you should have been awarded them.

I know everyone probably wanted to do much better, but as long as everyone had a great time, that's what it's all about.

Good job team!
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Medals: 11
Gold Wreath (1) Gold (1) Silver Wreath (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby KInG » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:37 pm

Hi Gerry, yes, unlucky mate on not quite making the cut for the final, but I'm sure you'll do better next time. Why not come along to the next AoS meetup in February and meet the rest of the guys?

Here's a couple of photos from my games that need some captions to them. Maybe someone would like to guve an unbiased explanation on the first one.

A) from my 1st game:

IMAG0718.jpg

B) from mine and DaBoss's game where I had decided to outflank my Vendettas ;)

IMAG0758.jpg

But they came in a little closer to his Vanqs than maybe Phil expected. The single melta unit I had took down both of them alone, while Pask couldn't even destroy a Chimera! :(

IMAG0760.jpg

Phil and my game was pivitol actually, game 5 and both of us needed to win that game... and the last game to qualify... it went to the wire and I had to become a miserable rules lawyer to force my will upon Phil's guard at the end. I'll let him explain :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Postby killmaimburn » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Gt Heat3 (or heat:ageofstrife as only the Exeter inquisition seems to have as many t-shirts around the place and our cadre seemed to be around 15 people at some points) by Toby (Killmaimburn)

First big GW tourney, First time outside my small group with Smurfs..(but it has been a list I’ve had kicking around for ages).

For those not in the know I took
Captain relic blade bike,(joins bikes)
Librarian psychic-null zone avenger (joins flamer tac)
MM dreadnought choppy robot in drop pod with locator beacon for speeders
10man tactical squad, flamer, combi flamer,lascannon
8Bikes (count as troops)+MM Attack bike (inc fist and 2 plas)
2Multimelta attack bikes
2 HeavyFlamer Multimelta Landspeeders
1multimelta speeder
1 vindicator tank with little shield
1 Autocannon, lascannon sponson predator tank.

Saturday morning, coffee registration and a mad dash for tables (for fun) meant we started up high..I think I was on table 14 or 16 (I don’t think any of us got back up there?)

Game1 Against an incredibly beautifully painted army-..1 rhino was spectacular (in the top 5 for best painted), Davide Colombo (end rank 27) –(Italian team)
List:-Lash DP, Lash Sorceror with plague marines in rhino,10CSM,beserkers in rhino, 3 oblits. 5 termies mostly combimelta +flamer 2 fists.
Game-I remember 2 things about the match, my opponent was charming and friendly..and a total dice nightmare- at one stage he offered to swap dice with me, and he still rolled high and I still rolled low – this can be expressed by the following situation- his beserkers charged 5 tactical marines killed them (planned for). Consolidated into a wood very spread out.. I tank shocked them into a narrow flute..opened up with my flamer, combi flamer and avenger (str5 ap3) only to have the librarian kill himself periling a 12 (again).(he also failed to hood..ever) and the berserkers then needed everything throwing at them.
Last pic is of perfect use of the lash, putting me into dangerous terrain and pushing My ic far enough away he cannot be part of the upcoming assualt.(can't make B2b on react)

My Vp 450- his 1300 (I passed no save)- he won 2 objectives to nill..loss (and an opponent who apologised a lot for how 1 sided it had been)

Game2 Against a very clean painted army- more importantly a beautiful conversion piece, Defiler Ad-mechAnts for landraiders etc(in the top 5 for best painted), Matteo Maserati (end rank 19)- (Italian team)
List- Demon hunters- 2 godhammer landraiders, 1 crusader (new POTMS, and weird edition codex hurricanes that could *always* shoot no matter movement or shaken etc) , inquisitor with retinue, grey knight termie with termie retinue.. 3 squads of inquisitorial storm troopers, 2 in rhinos from reserve dreadnought with autocannon.
Game-OUCH-I said to other people that I failed to hit anything with anything until turn 3- this is not strictly true..however it was turn 4 before my melta heavy army hurt (in any way) its first landraider (and some meltaring (sp?) and continual lascannon-ing failed to ever glance a dreadnought) Dice were appalling,but also my opponent played it well castling it all up..I did get his grey knight termie champion unit with my bikes after they had killed a relatively minor squad and butchering them (high point for me).. the last section of the game I chased his rhinos (with ISTs) around the table desperately trying to get some killpoints back (in my struggle to get to them I killed a landraider blocking my path..that was nice) but he used terrain well and I couldn’t immobilise them.

My VP 544 his 957 he had killed 9 units I had killed 4..loss

Game 3 A nicely painted guard army-Alex Sawyer(end rank 122)
List-, some big squads with lascannons inquisitor lord a small command squady thing, a leman russ (basic I think)a basilisk –set up on..4-5 small squads 3? With demo charges, some with assault weapons. Alrahem in A chimera, 3 vehicle walkers and a vendetta (maybe valkerie) stuffed with vets(I think) all outflanked .
Game-The dice gods liked me..I turboboosted across the table in relative safety.I managed to bring down the flying thing (getting passed its 4+) My drop pod had problems landing but after being placed on the edge of the table was actually able to walk back up and keep the centre free of stuff.

(from vague jotting) My VP-1075 His 830 I held my base, he couldn’t hold his…Win.

[url=http://www.ageofstrife.com/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=26558]Image
[/url]Image

Bugmans Saturday night Age of Strife hives off into little pieces, a bunch play in the pub quiz (2-3 ish teams with others waiting to see which way the wind blows to join after) Sami/Baragash and I (with a little help from the wife) win..collecting some dan abbnett books and some drink tokens.
(I class this as my second win)
I think Fixxer took a pic.-I was surpicly pober.

Game 4
(mild hangover) Nice paint – no bases for valks, meh. Ross Tellick (end rank 87) (Team FEAR)
List-2 leman russ as a unit,1 punisher and one executioner as another 2 vendettas..and an awful lot of guard 10 man las squads.
Game: (I had one of his teammates say I had no chance and was deadmeat (game wise ;) ))- Turn one turbo boosted straight into the fire..Fired an awful lot of shots(an incredible amount of shots) at the vendettas and did nothing until right at the end. He still had most of his leman russ(eses'ses'). I had to send my predator to kill1 guardsman to free one base and that left us each having a safe objective and fighting over one (5man las in CC with an immobilised vendetta with no guns with some guard in).
Didn’t really go either of our ways..a lot of tooing and froing the battle lines always in flux, dice were mixed on both sides..possibly the best in terms of an even game- 40k as its meant to be played.. DRAW. ( I believe he beat me on killpoints by 2-300 but can’t remember the numbers I forgot to photo my slips on the sunday.)

Game 5 Nice paint -James Bolton (end place 90)
List- Deathwing, 2 crusaders, belial,3 termie squads with ass cans and chainfists Chaplin (in termie armour and stuff)
Games- bases, quarters.
I stole the initiative..I rolled a dice that hit a hill and became 6 immobilising his main landraider..I didn’t instantly kill the second (or its contents) but my dice had really shone through and his dice sucked (I killed 3 termies with bolters that just shouldn’t have ever fallen down).He was tabled by turn5 (25 minutes after the gaming session had began..actually had a little problem getting the refs to accept a game had been played that fast)
He got about 6-8 hundred of my killpoints though..I had my base, he lost 1500 VPS. I bought him a pint.

Game 6 Nice Paint-Chris Muir from (Exeter inquisition)end place-92
List: Tau (oh god I haven’t faced tau in literally 18months/100 games) He had two railgun heavy flying things,2 devil(war?)fish with firewarriors,some walking fire warriors, 3 things a bit like termicide with drones who could shoot at multiple targets at once and bounce wounds all over the place, some kroot
Game- poor guy, spent a fairly long time perfectly positioning his 2 railgun toting things,only for my dread to land and kill 1. that was pretty much how the game went..piecemeal elements of his list came on slowly enough that I could bring most of my attention to each one (a bit like when a demon opponent has a bad day)
We agreed we both needed a win and would both be arsey to each other, but if either of us went to far we’d pull back.. But actually we ended up both being relaxed and friendly (I let him jump back when he forgot, he coughed very loudly when I nearly forgot a charge move)
I had 11 killpoints to his 4 He had one suit guys and one devilfish left I was still fairly good (5 man las MM attack bike squad,dread and lone speeder down)WIN

I didn’t have any bad opponents, and any little gribbles/gripes I might have had, I’m sure the same or something similar could be said about me..awesome weekend was awesome.

A lot of terrain everywhere- Table for game one we reckon it was somewhere around 60-80%

I came 48th/150 –(5337 points) needing to come in the top 45 (6215)to qualify, although most of the Italians said they weren’t actually going to show up for the final so if GW wild card I’d possibly bounce up.

Thanks for reading and don’t forget kids
KillmaimBurn.
Last edited by killmaimburn on Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Baragash » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:02 am

Game 1

IIRC: Warboss and 4/5 Nobz Bikers, Ghaz and 5 Mega Nobz in a Battlewagon, 4 Trukk wagons, 3 individual Deffkoptas
Mission: Seize Ground
Deployment: Spearhead

Baragash, Sat Nov 21st, Age of Strife Forum wrote:Have played a few games. I'm happy I know how my list works, my issue will be not knowing other armies well enough I reckon.

Not got much experience against Orks, and it showed. Basically we both deployed around the centre, he ran forward, I shot up the bikers with my Plague Marines and the Rhino combi-bolters, I failed to do anything else at with my shooting :( One of my Daemon Princes charged the bikers, broke them and ran them down. Then I just got eaten pretty much. I spent the rest of the game trying to kill his Troops and stay alive, sadly he finished the game with 3 Ork boys to claim objectives and managed to table me right at the death.

My opponent was pitying my dice rolls throughout the game (my very first roll was a 66 Perils on a DP :(). This was the only time a rules query popped which we managed to resolve amicably. (it's the stupid multiple combat thing, I had the rulebook FAQ with me, but didn't check the Errata part :roll: ). Then I missed my powerfist attacks anyway :roll: :cry:

Result: Lost 2-0

Top bloke though, other than the result it was a great game, sat down to lunch with him and his mate whilst I waited for my team to catch up.

Richard finished 102nd, and I learnt an important lesson.......

Game 2

IIRC: Vulkan, 10 TH&SS, Librarian with Null Zone & Gate, 2 LasPlas Tacticals, MM AB and 2x 5 Scouts with a PF in Storms
Mission: Annihilation
Deployment: Pitched Battle

I saw his list, thought I'd win this game, then preceded to play like a muppet. Got caught out by the open-topped Storm/Scout trick nailing a Vindi, at which point I should have ignored the Termies for the rest of the game with only one Vindi left. Basically made poor target priority decisions and ended up trying a glorious last charge as it was the only way to bring the KPs back. It failed.

Also a great bloke (although he was playing 4th Ed Gets Hot!, we sorted that out easily though), went for a drink and a chat in the bar whilst the round finished.

Result: Lost 9-4

Sean finished 78th.

Game 3

IIRC: Pedro, 2 x10 Sternguard in Rhinos, 5 Tactical Termies, 2 Tacticals, Razorback
Mission: Capture & Control
Deployment: Dawn of War

I let two rules things go in this game, one of which nearly cost me, but after two defeats, I didn't see the point of making a fuss.

He left a 5 man HW Combat squad in his base and rushed me with everything else. I sent a DP and CSM Rhino round a large ruin, the DP killed the squad and the CSM took his base over the course of the game. Everything else tried to hold off his army. The same DP perilled himself again. Pedro survived a Vindi to the face. After my other CSM squad got mullered by a Pedro+Sternguard shooting phase, I used their Rhino to TS them into a flamer-friendly shape for the survivors to shoot and assault. They all died, but not before the Champion landed a neat upper-cut on Pedro :twisted: I also used a TS to move his Tacticals out of range of my base and contest it at the end (I had another Rhino spare in case there was another turn).

Again, another great guy, great game, 4th Ed Gets Hot! player.

Result: Won 1-0

I think his name was James and he finished 119th.

Pub Quiz

Yay, killmaimburn, his wife and I won the quiz, I got free beer and Brothers of the Snake, they got free beer and three Omnibii (I had all the individual books anyway, so that worked out nicely) and we stayed until they kicked us out.

Yes, any victory is worth a mention!

Game 4

IIRC: Lash DP, Zerkers in LR, 2x9 TS in Rhinos, Vindi, Tri-Las Pred
Mission: Seize & Control
Deployment: Dawn of War

Wait, I know this guy, it's Ljundhammer's brother! We knew before the tournament that 3 wins and a draw would put you in the dodgy zone where VPs scored might see you get knocked out, so I wasn't expecting to qualify. I set the first objective on one side, he put the other in the opposite diagonal corner, then I put the third opposite that. I ignored the lone one and basically threw everything at the two on the same side. As I'd hoped, he got sucked in and ignored the third one also. Highlight was my Olits DSing and both scoring Multimelta hits to pop the LR on turn 2. After that my DPs each spent 3 turns beating on a TS squad whilst my CSM died damaging everything else. My PMs hid out of sight and held the objective near me, and ultimately I had a DP and 2 Rhinos contest the one near him (I had a Rhino and DP positioned to contest the ignored one if need be).

Result: 1-0

Tom finished 53rd.

Game 5

IIRC: Warboss biker + 10 max allocation bikers, Warboss + 10 max allocation Nobz in BW, 10 Burnas in BW, Snikrot and co.
Mission: Capture & Control
Deployment: Spearhead

Remember that lesson I learnt earlier :)

He put his base right in his corner, I put mine in the centre of the table. He deployed right up to the circle, I deployed spread round my board edge. Crazy? Not to Eldar players. He rolled the Nobz BW into the killzone and sent the bikers round behind an impassable LoS blocking building, followed by the Burnas BW.

I decided to go or broke. In my first turn I then rolled the PM and a CSM Rhino over to the bikers, jumped a DP over and rolled a Vindi into LoS. The other Vindi wrecked the Nobz BW.

In the main event, the CSM inflicted 4 wounds, the Vindi then ID'd another (taking 3 PMs with it!), the PMs then added another 3 wounds IIRC. The Warptimed DP charged in, inflicted the full 5 wounds, and survived the attacks back on 1 wound! He'd taken off the Ld re-roll (bosspole?), failed his Morale check and got Swept :twisted:

I managed to kill everything bar the slogging Nobz pretty easily, then he got some big run and consolidate rolls and we ended up with a CSM squad and the Nobz slugging it out for the centre objective. The PMs re-embarked and drove over to his base. When the game ended he had the Warboss on 2W facing 3 CSM including the PF, so another turn could have lead to a draw (although I was going second and had two Rhinos positioned to contest if need be).

Another really friendly gamer, and kept plugging away even after I'd reduced him to the one mob (and nearly got rewarded for it).

Result: Won 1-0

Andrew finished 80th.

Game 6

IIRC: Relic Blade Captain with CS in Razorback, Melta/Flamer LS, 2 MM ABs, Thunderfire Cannon, Devs with 2PCs and 1ML, Tacs with PF/MM/MG in Rhino, Tac with Flamer/LC with Rhino, TH&SS Termies.
Mission: Annihilation
Deployment: Pitched Battle

Pressure was on now, at least a draw to be in contention, but I was confident my VPs were too low, and I'd need a win (true as it turned out). :eek: at the firepower, he had 12 KPs to my 11. He deployed first across two thirds of his side, I hid everything behind cover (ish) in one corner like a true coward! He immobilised a Vindi on turn one (hence the "ish"). I burned forward round the cover, and a short range firefight/melee developed (he preferred CC to the immob'd Vindi shooting him). A key moment was when my two DPs double teamed his Termies out of the cover, and one survived allowing me to be untargettable in his shooting phase. His Captain then tried to charge in and got spanked straight away (gogo I6). As a result, my DPs were able to cross the no-mans land and one beat on the ABs, whilst the other cleaned out the Devs and then the Thunderfire. Ultimately weight of numbers in CC meant that by the end of turn 5, he had two tactical marines being beat on by a PM and half a squad of CSM.

I might be repetitive to say he was another great chap, but he was.

Result: Won 11-5

Adam finished 58th.

Final Result:

I finished 16th out of 140 and go to the final. Only KInG also qualified from AoS, although through opponents and friends of opponents we might have a team of 5 or 6 for the final. The Italians were at Heat 3, and won best team by a mile. I finished highest for AoS, so I get to rib KIng for a bit (he tabled me with the Khorne Daemons at the meet in August, but ran a 3 flyer IG list at the Heat, getting 3 draws on Saturday and 3 wins on Sunday, although his last opponent snake-eyed a damage roll for the draw, and failed to get a 6 on a DT check for a possible win, the lucky git!).

Top player ran a templatey-Eldar except his twist was 2x 3 Scatter Laser Walkers Guided by Eldrad. He tabled 5 of his 6 opponents. The Italians were running either templatey-Eldar or Lash-spam. Also saw a few Nidzilla up there.

Have decided AngelofBlades (different Forum) was right and I don't need Daemonic Possession, so I'll probably add a PF Champ to the Plague Marines. Might consider switching one DP up to Tzeentch to grab a better Inv Save with the spare points if it stretches.
My Hobby Blog!
My Painting & Modelling Blog!
Gallery
"The Emperor is obviously not a dictator, he's a couch."
Starbuck: "Why can't we use the starboard launch bays?"
Engineer: "Because it's a gift shop!"
Baragash
Sorceror
Sorceror

Blog: View Blog (21)

Postby timewizard » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:19 am

Good reports from both of you! Nice work.

@KMB-nice photos! From the looks of it, everyone had very well painted armies, especially that guy with the purple DP! :wink:
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Medals: 11
Gold Wreath (1) Gold (1) Silver Wreath (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Confused_gordy » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:32 am

Hey Gordon here, just signed up. Great weekend. Well done to you guys once more, the final should be a lot of fun.

Already started fiddling with my list for the final (three raiders is being considered).

I had a lot of fun with you guys, so ill be an age of strife extra if you'll have me.

(still looking for a rule saying chimeras cant mount other chimera wrecks Nigel!)
Confused_gordy
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

Postby cgra1 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:41 am

Hello Gorden, well done again Mate,

Nice reports guys..
cgra1

Postby shaven wookie » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:51 am

hi guys

nice to meet you all at heat 3 i was the guy with the salamanders terminator army.

hopefully will meet up with you all again as i will also show my progress for my next gt army with you at the same time

rats in space

oh yeah my names ron by the way
shaven wookie

Postby DaBoss » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:29 am

KInG wrote:it went to the wire and I had to become a miserable rules lawyer to force my will upon Phil's guard at the end. I'll let him explain :)

Hi King,

I must apologise, your knowledge of the rules was spot on.

My only real mistake was not putting some of the models in the Infantry Platoon on the top floor of the building.
I did not realise that a Vendetta does not count as a Tank (just a Fast Skimmer), which would have stopped you flying onto the top part of the ruin.

Great game - will be a pleasure to cross paths again.

As to my weekend - the highlight was really meeting with you all, putting faces to names (both real and forum) and having great chats about the hobby.

As to my weekend;

Game 1 - vs Space Marines (Seize Ground)
Scout heavy army with Legion of the Damned and Librarian with Gate of Infinity
Unfortunately his scouting and outflanking units turned up first on one flank then in my turn Alrahem and his platoon move on the same flank and toast most of his scoring units.
Then the Legion of the Damned got hit by 2 Heavy Flamers, 4 Flamers and 3 Meltaguns plus Chimeras when he deep striked close to my table edge objective and Vanquisher (which died to Multi-melta in LotD).
Tabled opponent - my first win 3 vs 0

Game 2 - vs Tau (Annihilation)
This was a Commander Farsight build - lots of suits, 1 Hammerhead and 3 min sized Firewarriors.
He placed his army very central to keep away from my outflanking.
When the Vanquishers arrived from reserve they shot down the Hammerhead in turn 2, meanwhile I did no more damage all game (due to assault jumping suits out of range). Meanwhile my opponent could only shake and stun my Chimeras with his shots.
Turn 5 ended on 1 vs 0 to me, we rolled and out came another turn which saw him claim 2 chimeras...
Turn 6 ended on 1 vs 2 to him, we rolled the final turn, I pushed my force forward to try and even the score and got a Leadership test on Farsight which he passed. In return he blew another Chimera and vaped the Command Squad inside plus assaulted a Vanquisher and Farsight carved it to pieces.
Lost the Game 1 vs 5

Game 3 - Orks (Capture and Control)
This was the player that took 2 Warbosses on War Bikes, 2 Nobz Bikers (8) all kitted out to maximise wound allocation and finally Snikgrot and 5 Kommandoes.
Deployed well and lured him into range to assault the Vanquishers but not the Infantry Platoon, he failed to kill the tanks - so I moved everything into range and let loose...caused 28 wounds and 1 Bike Mob, but after he allocated all the hits and rolled all his different saves Id managed to cause 4 wounds!!! On of course on different models - no leadership test - he then proceeded to eat me for breakfast
Tables Lost 0 vs 2
Im glad to have heard latter that he then faced an even cheesier Seer Council Eldar which beat him up, to which he then left the tournament after Game 4. Such a poor loser. Play cheese then face the cheese.

Game 4 - Eldar (Seize Ground)
So my turn to face a Seer Council joined with Yriel in a Wave Serpent. Plus Dire Avengers in Ware Serpents and 2 Fire Prisms.
All my force reserved and on turn 2 my Vanquishers and Command Chimera arrived, couple of pot shots taking down a Wave Serpent made him send the Seer Council Tank hunting - luckily the range and a Wood got in the way so he had to just go after the Command Chimera which he only wreaked with Yriel the rest of the Seer Council then did nothing.
I replied with both Veteran Squads arriving and driving up to dose the Seer Council with 2 Heavy Flamers, 4 Flamers and 3 Melta guns plus chimera Multilasers, after the dust had settled there was only the Farseer and Yriel left.
By next turn even they were dead. Meanwhile the Vanquishers shelled another Wave Serpent out of the sky and a Fire Prism.
By turn 5, it was 3 vs 2 objectives in my favor, so he tried to full-out his remaining vehicles to contest but in my last turn I hit with both Vanquishers and Special Weapon Meltas and won the game.
Win 3 vs 2 objectives

Game 5 vs Imperial Guard (Capture and Control)
This was the pivotal game - needed a Win or a Draw against King
Really great game but I had no real chance of contesting and as said above mistake in the building cost me the Draw.
Lost 0 vs 1

Game 6 vs Tau (Annihilation)
Why did it have to be Tau again in the same mission!!!!
My opponent forgot about my ability to outflank and placed his 2 Hammerheads on either flank.
So I rolled on one flank and blew up his Hammerhead with the specialist Squad actually in Close Combat with Frag Grenades.
Meanwhile he tried to deep strike with his Shasel to hit the Vanquishers but missed, he got vapped by Command Melta Guns. So I was already up 2 kills to 0.
But then the Tau manuever and his long distance Broadside stikes started to take effect killing both Vanquishers and 2 Chimeras.
Lost 2 vs 4 kill points
We called on turn 5 as we both were not qualifying.

Things I learnt: Should have taken the 3 Vendettas than the 2 Vanquishers (never saw a Land Raider or a Battlewagon). Also the Specialist Weapon Demo Charges were never used all weekend - should have had 3 Meltas instead.

Oh well till next year....
DaBoss
Junior Officer
Junior Officer

Blog: View Blog (43)

Postby killmaimburn » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:56 am

DaBoss wrote: (never saw a Land Raider or a Battlewagon)..
I didn't face any orks (the reason for my 5 templates and large blasts) or any demons or eldar (nullzone and mass shots). I faced demonhunters and tau :5opera
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby PaddyF » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:02 pm

So even my terrible Eldar were able to do more damage to Phil than the guy in the GT.

Clearly he needed some Fire Dragons to do all the work while everything else died.
Ork Kommando on Infiltrating:

Everybody else is like "we'z gotta strip down to be slippery like". Beakies do this, umies do this, even orkses do this, but Eldarz all like " You'z all stupid, dats why youz monkeys. Iz putting on 'eavier armor, iz gonna stomp through the jungle all sneaky like and chainsaw you stealthy like cuz Eldar's da best like dat. And if youz looks at me funny, dakka comes outta my face"
PaddyF
Genestealer
Genestealer

Postby Ljundhammer » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:42 pm

40k is rubbish. :gg :aa :yy :spam4

I'm going to play LotR - that way I can win because I'm bigger than everyone else who plays!

Or, I need to find an army with a 1+ save, I'm sure Logan Grimnar must have something buried somewhere in his multiple special rules that can do that.

All my games looked like this:

:xxbazooka :landraider01: :xxfridge

and this:

:qleft2 :greyknight01: :eusa_boohoo

But like the murphys, I'm not bitter!
When in deadly danger
When beset by doubt
Run in little circles
Wave your arms and shout
- parody of the litany of command
Ljundhammer
Brother-Captain