Login

Username:

Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

New AoS (primarily not 40k) meet-up

For event announcements to be shown in the recent news on the forum home page.

Re: New AoS (primarily not 40k) meet-up

Postby KInG » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:36 am

well propose something for me to ditch then ;)

btw I have invited you to come visit me instead this time. Why don't you and James or Stunty get ur asses up her... I can easily put three up actually.
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Postby killmaimburn » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:57 am

See page 3 summary[edit..although of course it just sitting spammed down till now the dates are out and we'd need to push it further back], from before we got distracted by your adhd lets meet in november oh no my bff can't make it everyone abort -fail.
So you're saying no dragons tears lot, no london/bucks lot,no brummy contingent (the original club catered for by the site)..basically you'll only show up if we come to *your house*?? You'll forgive me if I don't pass on your gracious invite to the nottingham clubs.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: New AoS meet-up

Postby jjakaalbinoboy » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:26 pm

Spack wrote:
I've registered on the forum for the Redditch Wargaming Society (http://forum.redwarsoc.com/index.php) as that's pretty close to Birmingham and if I get approved by the moderators then I'll ask if anyone knows of any venues in the area that would be suitable. These guys run their own events and have one at the end of this month, so they might be able to suggest some places. Might even be able to do a combined event and get a bunch more people to play with and to spread out the cost of hiring a venue if required. There are loads of social clubs within 1 mile of my house, let alone the rest of the Birmingham/Solihull area :)

EDIT: I've asked about venues on the RWS Facebook page, and I've also contact the Gaming Club Network (GCN) about requirements to join as they offer support for running clubs and events so might have some useful info too.

Hey Dan, did you ever get anywhere with this? I'm the secretary for Redditch Wargaming Society if you need any help?

Jason
jjakaalbinoboy
Guardian
Guardian

Re: New AoS meet-up

Postby Spack » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:51 am

jjakaalbinoboy wrote:
Spack wrote:
I've registered on the forum for the Redditch Wargaming Society (http://forum.redwarsoc.com/index.php) as that's pretty close to Birmingham and if I get approved by the moderators then I'll ask if anyone knows of any venues in the area that would be suitable. These guys run their own events and have one at the end of this month, so they might be able to suggest some places. Might even be able to do a combined event and get a bunch more people to play with and to spread out the cost of hiring a venue if required. There are loads of social clubs within 1 mile of my house, let alone the rest of the Birmingham/Solihull area :)

EDIT: I've asked about venues on the RWS Facebook page, and I've also contact the Gaming Club Network (GCN) about requirements to join as they offer support for running clubs and events so might have some useful info too.

Hey Dan, did you ever get anywhere with this? I'm the secretary for Redditch Wargaming Society if you need any help?

Jason

Hi,

No, never really got anywhere with it. We haven't had a meetup for ages. There aren't many active members any more, and personally I haven't been near any of my wargaming stuff for a couple of years now, it's all packed away in the attic. Plus this thread was last active 2 years ago ... :)

Dan
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Medals: 2
Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby Angelwing » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:20 pm

We need a meet up, so I can have another special meet up commemorative die to add to the collection. :D
Angelwing
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

Medals: 17
Gold (5) Silver (1) Painting Entrant (11)

Postby mattjgilbert » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:34 pm

Once I move to Nottingham, it'll be a lot easier for me to get to any meetup in Nottingham!
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Previous

Return to Events

Social Links