Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Need help with 1st army

Post your army lists here!

Need help with 1st army

Postby reaver13 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:35 pm

I've never built a 40k army before, but there is an RTT event coming up in August that I want to participate in. I really want to build a Daemonhunter army composed of just things from their codex, but would it be too fundamentally flawed w/ no help from say some IG units or other SM units? I just want to field a viable army and not get laughed off the table! Thanks ahead of time.

-Reaver
reaver13

Postby Culven » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:24 pm

I once played against a pure Grey Knights army in a GT, so it is possible to have a straight codex army. However, it is a very elite army which cannot afford to lose too many of its models.

Before we get into unit selection, tell us a little about what kind of experience you have with 40K and other games, and what kind of army tou would like.
Culven
Commander, Catachan XIII "Black Cats"
Pray that a Black Cat never crosses your path.
Culven
Junior Officer
Junior Officer

Postby AdrianG » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:32 pm

When I get round to it, my next army is going to be Daemon Hunters :D.

I've opted for an Inquisitor with retinue, Grey Knights, and probably Inquisitorial Storm troopers.
Though I'm not too sure how legal that all is :)

Culven is spot on about taking losses in such a force, so I would certainly recommend getting Storm Troopers at the very least.
Mainly as they're another target for the opposition to shoot at. :D
Collector of Space Wolves, and all round awful painter!

AdrianG's Gallery: http://www.ageofstrife.com/gallery/AdrianG
AdrianG
Apprentice Lurker (Still)
Captain

Postby reaver13 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:17 am

The only tabletop experience I have is with Mechwarrior: dark age. As far as the type of army I honestly haven't a clue. In mechwarrior I always used a lot of ranged, and had 1 expensive unit i'd use to bait people into getting too aggressive and play into my defensive set ups. So with no 40k experience I have no idea about the "flow" of the games. Anyways, I guess that answers it?

-Reaver
reaver13

Return to 40K Army Lists

Social Links