Login

Username:

Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Do you have any projects on the go right now?

For members to post long running threads about projects they are working on

Postby estarriol » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:20 pm

All it needs is a Samauri Marine Chapter to take possession
--
estarriol

See my buildings at: www.templebuilder.wordpress.com

Home of 6mm Miniatures and offbeat 28mm Fantasy goodness: www.rapierminiatures.co.uk
estarriol
Mad Dok
Mad Dok

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby LordMalekTheRedKnight » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:31 pm

@ruffian.
hey... I would like to say something about the amazing progress you are making with your Cult.

(so, err... we even now? :P)

on a serious note, i am looking forward to seeing more pics of your cultists (and i want more fluff, dammit) :D

no Tau tonight: we decided to eat pizza until we couldnt stand up instead. :roll: il do some tomorrow. honest.

EDIT: i kept my word: ive cleaned and assembled all 3 Sniper Drones. ive also started cleaning parts to make the Spotter. once the glue is dry on the Drones im going to undercoat them, and im going to try and do more filing on the Spotter this evening. :)

EDIT2: Sniper Drones undercoated and drying. once Seth is in bed i will get some more filing done. once the spotter is finished that is the whole list built! 8O :D

EDIT3: the Spotter is assembled and based! first thing in the morning i will give his base a second coat of PVA to seal on the sand, and once that is dry i will undercoat him. all thats left to do then is give him and his Drones a couple of coats of white, and then i have reached my target point. i should be able to post pics of the whole army tomorrow evening. :D

woooo!

EDIT4: ive given the sand on the Spotter's base another coat of PVA, and undercoated as much of the model as possible while i wait for it to dry. ive also started the 1st white coat on the 3 Drones. once the PVA is dry i will finish undercoating the Spotter. once the whole unit is painted white i will take pics of the force. :)

EDIT5: the Spotter and his base have been fully undercoated. ive also done more white on the Drones.

EDIT6: ive given the Spotter his first white coat, and ive done more white on the Drones. hopefully finish them off after Dirt (TV show). :)

~ Tim
Last edited by LordMalekTheRedKnight on Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.
8O :D OMG - Im a Dad - of THREE!! :D 8O
:) I am "LMTRK" on The Wizards Community and MTG Salvation
LordMalekTheRedKnight
Lord Marmite
Lord General

Postby LordMalekTheRedKnight » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:53 pm

OK, drumroll please! ...

I have now finished building, basing and undercoating (and in some cases base coating) my Tau force! :D

it is now ready to hit the table - i will be taking it with me to Birmingham later this month (when we are going to meet Dan and his club), and to GW Peterborough the same week. Kate and I are also planning on getting in lots of games at home before we go away, so i wont be doing anything more to it in the meanwhile.

once we get back from our hols that will leave me about 5 weeks to get some paint on it ready for the meet up at WHWorld (although it is usable there in its current state already). the next step is to apply the Blue Glaze to all the white models, and pick a colour scheme for the rest.

anyway, without further ado, here is a group shot:

and just as a reminder, here is the list: Tau Survivors (Combat Patrol)
Code: Select all
Tau Combat Patrol [400 pts]

Fire Warrior Drone Team [6 Tau = 98pts]
Team Leader: Pulse Rifle, Markerlight, Bonding Knife, Hard-wired Target Lock, Hard-wired Multi-tracker, EMP Grenades.
5 Fire Warrior "Drones": Pulse Rifle.

Sniper Drone Team [1 Tau & 3 Drones = 80pts]
Spotter: Pulse Pistol, Drone Controller, Networked Markerlight, Stealth Field Generator, Targeting Array.
3 Sniper Drones: Rail Rifle, Target Lock, Stealth Field Generator, Targeting Array.

Gun Drone Squadron [6 Drones = 72pts]
6 Gun Drones: Twin-linked Pulse Carbine.

Stealth Team [3 Suits & 6 Drones = 150pts]
3 Stealth Suits: Burst Cannon, Stealth Armour, Stealth Field Generator, Drone Controller + 2 Gun Drones.

now its done we can do some batreps with pics, too. :)

cheers!

~ Tim
LordMalekTheRedKnight
Lord Marmite
Lord General

Postby estarriol » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:59 pm

Congratulations, always a good day, trouble is, now is when you think, I could just do with one of these...
--
estarriol

See my buildings at: www.templebuilder.wordpress.com

Home of 6mm Miniatures and offbeat 28mm Fantasy goodness: www.rapierminiatures.co.uk
estarriol
Mad Dok
Mad Dok

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby LordMalekTheRedKnight » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:21 pm

estarriol wrote:Congratulations, always a good day,

cheers :)

its not often i stick at one particular idea long enough to get it at least built before starting on something else (:roll:), so this is a bit of an occasion for me. i did get distracted along the way (one-off conversions and terrain), but i stuck at it and its done well ahead of schedule (nearly 2 weeks til we are going to Dan's). 8)

now i get to enjoy the fruits of my labour for a bit, which is nice. :)

estarriol wrote:trouble is, now is when you think, I could just do with one of these...

heh - i doubt it: i worked on this list for like a year. :P

only things i can really add to it are some objective markers, and maybe some FW defense turrets for special scenarios. other than that, this is all the Tau i intend on building for a long time (too many other ideas waiting to get some attention).

now all i need to do is make a couple of Markerlight tokens...

~ Tim
LordMalekTheRedKnight
Lord Marmite
Lord General

Postby ruffian4 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:05 pm

hey... I would like to say something about the amazing progress you are making with your Tau.
(2-1! :wink: ).

That's a pretty awkward and spiky looking force there tim.

Why did you go for some white undercoat and some black?
killmaimburn wrote:If this is a masked ball, then the other bits of him are off spiking the teachers punch.

DEATH WATCH DEATH RATTLE DEATHS DOOR AINT I DIED ENOUGH BEFORE?
ruffian4
4th dan imbecile
Sorceror

Postby LordMalekTheRedKnight » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:42 pm

EDIT: hope you dont mind, i moved your post from the other thread (as it it more appropriate here). gave me a chance to try out the Merge button too. :P

ruffian4 wrote:hey... I would like to say something about the amazing progress you are making with your Tau.
(2-1! :wink: ).

cheers. ;)

ruffian4 wrote:That's a pretty awkward and spiky looking force there tim.

err... thanks? :lol:

what's "awkward and spiky" mean? :?:

ruffian4 wrote:Why did you go for some white undercoat and some black?

i used black undercoat for everything: the white you can see is actually the basecoat for the models with Stealth fields (the blue glaze goes over it, to create the 'ghostly' effect, as per the painted Drone).

ive not decided on the final scheme for the non-Stealth units yet (i may go white with blue armour plates, or vice versa), so i havent done anything except undercoat them.

hope that makes a bit more sense. :)

cheers

~ Tim
LordMalekTheRedKnight
Lord Marmite
Lord General

Postby ruffian4 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:07 pm

LordMalekTheRedKnight wrote:what's "awkward and spiky" mean? :?:

I mean it looks difficult to pin down and has a good bit of punch too.

LordMalekTheRedKnight wrote:the white you can see is actually the basecoat for the models with Stealth fields (the blue glaze goes over it, to create the 'ghostly' effect,

Ah, I'm with you. Like the drone btw. :D

Peterborough, you say your'e in Peterborough?
How posh.

You're getting perilously close to TWAT country there you know. 8O
killmaimburn wrote:If this is a masked ball, then the other bits of him are off spiking the teachers punch.

DEATH WATCH DEATH RATTLE DEATHS DOOR AINT I DIED ENOUGH BEFORE?
ruffian4
4th dan imbecile
Sorceror

Postby LordMalekTheRedKnight » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:23 pm

ruffian4 wrote:I mean it looks difficult to pin down and has a good bit of punch too.

ahh! right. :)

in that case: thanks! :D
(although at one point people were telling me that it wasnt particularly competitive... not that i mind, as its a themed list)

ruffian4 wrote:Ah, I'm with you. Like the drone btw. :D

ruffian4 wrote:Peterborough, you say your'e in Peterborough?
How posh.

You're getting perilously close to TWAT country there you know. 8O

heh. we will be staying near there, yeah.
(and for those who dont know, "T.W.A.T." = "These Wargamers Are Triumphant", i.e. your gaming group, right? seriously, i sometimes think we need to fit a "Translate" button to your posts for the newbies. :lol: :P ;))

cheers

~ Tim
p.s. i will PM you in a sec Re: P.boro... :)
LordMalekTheRedKnight
Lord Marmite
Lord General

Postby Angelwing » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:10 pm

ruffian4 wrote:
Peterborough, you say your'e in Peterborough?
How posh.

despite the football team nickname, peterborough isn't posh.
Tim, what date will you be in peterborough store? It's currently my local until i move in a couple of weeks time.
Angelwing
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

Medals: 17
Gold (5) Silver (1) Painting Entrant (11)

Postby LordMalekTheRedKnight » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:15 pm

Angelwing wrote:Tim, what date will you be in peterborough store? It's currently my local until i move in a couple of weeks time.

heh. il drop you a PM too then. :)

cheers!

~ Tim
LordMalekTheRedKnight
Lord Marmite
Lord General

Postby Firecrest_inc » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:17 pm

Last edited by Firecrest_inc on Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Firecrest_inc
Veteran
Veteran

Postby LordMalekTheRedKnight » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:17 pm

Firecrest_inc wrote:Finally finished my warhound

ooh very nice! (and massive!) :D 8O
although you need a brighter pic! :P

~ Tim
LordMalekTheRedKnight
Lord Marmite
Lord General

Postby Firecrest_inc » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:51 pm

I'll post a better one when he is painted.
Firecrest_inc
Veteran
Veteran

Postby chromedog » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:54 am

I've got a 'Warhound' in progress (no pics yet).

I'm also working on this tank for my DH/IG Apoc force, Yes, it's a little small, but it's going to be my "counts as" Macharius Vanquisher. Sorry, pics are a little washed out. Crappy lighting (storm was happening when I took the pics).

Base hull is a Pig Iron Ironshield, the turret is a full scratchbuild from 1mm plasticard (with internal structure and bracing.).

turret shot. Image

It still needs more rivets (around 30 on the turret), and the main gun tubes cut back by around 50% and smaller diameter tubes inserted (8mm).

I'm thinking of adding recoil pistons or somesuch to them as well, and probably a pintle heavy stubber for the gunner. The CO can fire the main gun.

The driver is a SOB crew (sub-etheric bumps removed) with a pig-Iron helmeted head. The Heavy Bolters came courtesy of my Land Raider Terminus' predator sprue. They are only attached with a pair of NdFeb (neodymium -Iron-Boron ) rare earth magnets and can be removed with a little effort.

I plan to armour up the sides a little more and move the sponsons out a little, then remount them

Oh, and Tim, your mortar rounds WILL be sent off this week (got a little behind on things - family issues).
Last edited by chromedog on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
That is not dead which can eternal lie

and yet, with strange aeons, even death may die
chromedog
Exarch
Exarch

PreviousNext

Return to Project Logs

Social Links