1100pts Space Marines - First draft

Post your army lists here!

Postby IMF2000 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:21 pm

OK here are the latest versions with the feedback so far! :D

400 Pts - Ultramarines Roster - 400-IMF2000
Code: Select all
Troops: Tactical Squad
   9 Tactical Squad
      Bolter (x7); Plasmagun (x1); Missile Launcher (x1)
      1 Sergeant
         Bolt Pistol (x1); Power Fist (x1); Terminator Honors

5 Tactical Squad
      Bolter (x4); Meltagun (x1)
      1 Razorback
         Twin Linked Heavy Bolter
      1 Sergeant

Total Roster Cost: 400

1000 Pts - Ultramarines Roster - 1000-IMF2000
HQ: Master
   1 Master
      Frag Grenades; Bolt Pistol (x1); Power Weapon (x1)

9 Tactical Squad
      1 Sergeant

4 Tactical Squad
      Bolter (x3); Meltagun (x1)
      1 Razorback
         Twin Linked Heavy Bolter
      1 Sergeant

Troops: Scout Squad
   4 Scout Squad
      Sniper Rifle (x3); Missile Launcher (x1)
      1 Sergeant
         Sniper Rifle

Heavy Support: Predator Annihilator
   1 Predator Annihilator
      Twin Linked Lascannon; Heavy Bolter (x2)

Elite: Dreadnought
   1 Dreadnought
      Missile Launcher; Twin Linked Lascannon

Fast Attack: Land Speeder Squadron
   1 Land Speeder Squadron
      Heavy Bolter (x1); Assault Cannon (x1)

Fast Attack: Land Speeder Squadron
   1 Land Speeder Squadron
      Heavy Bolter (x1); Assault Cannon (x1)

Total Roster Cost: 997
IMF2000
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

Postby LordMalekTheRedKnight » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:31 pm

IMF2000 wrote:Would be good to get a handle on these new 5th edition rules before I shell out money to make these models, where can I get the low down on these changes please? :)

well there's Warseer (they have a 5th ed Rumours forum)... and local stores if you are lucky (i can walk into my local GW and just pick up the book for a read most days).

AoS (and Warseer) member Murphey has been paying particular attention to the new book - im sure he wouldnt mind if you dropped him a PM.

hope that helps :)

~ Tim
p.s. as well as 5th ed to consider, there is also the upcoming SM codex. IMO whatever you do you will run the risk of needing to tweak it at some point in the future anyway. i wouldnt suggest putting the list on hold, but instead keep a few models spare in case you need to build replacements etc.
8O :D OMG - Im a Dad - of THREE!! :D 8O
:) I am "LMTRK" on The Wizards Community and MTG Salvation
LordMalekTheRedKnight
Lord Marmite
Lord General

Postby killmaimburn » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:49 am

Ok lets have a look ( based on the rumours supposition of 5th ed, the new codex and as ljundhammer said what the other new codexs have done)
Master. will lose rights of battle, he will probably only affect a unit he joins.
The 2 tactical squads are compliant with all this 5 or 10 man sillyness (who ever thought that a unit might be 8 man pure imagination and pipe dreams..) This will be to do with combat squads (which it might be worth you hanging around a GW and reading the paragraph in either Dark angels or blood angels on (ooh hang on as a noob you may not know that the blood angels codex is free.. have a read of it here )
Scouts may move to elites, or may be modified in the structure\ FOC depending on how much these "they can still be moderately traitable at a nuit level" rumour carries on (either way everybody says the purity above all trait is dead (which is the only trait i was really in love with) expect also the heavies as elites to disappear (there was a lot of hate against that one)
Dreadnougth will go up in price moderately but actually because you already have a fairly heavy loadout the point up will not be too much (I run 3 basic ones and expect the point of those to get swacked up a fair amount)
Tornados will get hurt..1) New codexs have them costing more ( alot more) 2) they have a limit (a cap) 3) rending gets a nerf (possibly deserved but basically you can't take down a landraider with one, and its twice as hard (if not more) to get AP1 shots off with it in the new dex 4) skimmers lose the skimmers moving fast rule that means most games they can never be penetrated (I don't mind losing this bit too much as it at least stops the mech eldar from completely paWnIng all, 5)Vehicle rules say you may only move 6 " and fire one main weapon (that one main weapon being anything that isn't a bolter basically) so you can't move and fire your 2 very cool guns..
On squads melta will come down plas and las will go up, the armoury will disappear only squad upgrades tick A if you want b, for simpletons will remain.. Fists will go up and thats where you hit a Decision I think that more points cost with less attacks will hurt (but this strange thing folks keep talking about always only hitting rear armour in 5th ed (anyone confirm the rhino nerf?) will make them more powerfull against most things (the landraider and monolith become untouchable in 5th ed which is just annoying they already took up more than there points allocation of enemy stuff to kill).. but basically you reallycould do with keeping a fist or two.. but expect them to be more of a rarity

Out of all your list the tornados are the ones that recieve the hate, just like chaos with the khorne demon prince, expect everything GW does with them to be lowering stats lowering mobilty and makeing generally worse for the next 4 years. (I still don't get why tzeentch are on their list too..I only beat the guy once)
Predator become mores resilient due to the armour table changes but also won't be able to move 6" and fire all weaponry (as the heavy bolters now class as heavy weaponry not defensive)
For codex change immunity you may carry on looking at black templars... which will keepo the prices roughly similar (more for rhinos, less for drop pods and lascannons) even if the rules 180 on you..
Hope that helps a bit (read the blood angels codex.. just for fun its always handy to know more than one codex)
KMB
Last edited by killmaimburn on Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby LordMalekTheRedKnight » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:23 am

killmaimburn wrote:the landraider... become untouchable in 5th ed which is just annoying they already took up more than there points allocation of enemy stuff to kill

a little off topic, but personally my IG loved it when someone took a Landraider against them - for its cost i could field 6 Lascannons (2 units of 3) that re-rolled any 1's to hit, and could score at least some damage on average every time they fired at it (which wasnt hard to do because of its size). they usually destroyed them in the first 2 turns, making back their pts, still with the rest of the game left to kill other things. :twisted:

they sat in cover (to get a free Save), behind other units (to foce TP if they were shot at), within range of my Officer (to get a free boost to their Ld), and had 2 crew per weapon (making it harder to kill them). :D

anyway, sorry about that... carry on. :)

~ Tim
Last edited by LordMalekTheRedKnight on Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
LordMalekTheRedKnight
Lord Marmite
Lord General

Postby IMF2000 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:45 am

killmaimburn wrote:The 2 tactical squads are compliant with all this 5 or 10 man sillyness (who ever thought that a unit might be 8 man pure imagination and pipe dreams..) This will be to do with combat squads (which it might be worth you hanging around a GW and reading the paragraph in either Dark angels or blood angels on (ooh hang on as a noob you may not know that the blood angels codex is free.. have a read of it here )

Ah, I put an extra man in my 5 man 400pt CP force - is this a problem then in 5th? *Goes to read codex*

Scouts may move to elites, or may be modified in the structure\ FOC depending on how much these "they can still be moderately traitable at a nuit level" rumour carries on (either way everybody says the purity above all trait is dead (which is the only trait i was really in love with) expect also the heavies as elites to disappear (there was a lot of hate against that one)
Dreadnougth will go up in price moderately but actually because you already have a fairly heavy loadout the point up will not be too much (I run 3 basic ones and expect the point of those to get swacked up a fair amount)

OK, nothing to worry about too much yet here.

Tornados will get hurt..1) New codexs have them costing more ( alot more) 2) they have a limit (a cap) 3) rending gets a nerf (possibly deserved but basically you can't take down a landraider with one, and its twice as hard (if not more) to get AP1 shots off with it in the new dex 4) skimmers lose the skimmers moving fast rule that means most games they can never be penetrated (I don't mind losing this bit too much as it at least stops the mech eldar from completely paWnIng all, 5)Vehicle rules say you may only move 6 " and fire one main weapon (that one main weapon being anything that isn't a bolter basically) so you can't move and fire your 2 very cool guns..

I haven't purchased the Tornados yet (the only thing I'm missing atm). Think I should spend the points on something else?

On squads melta will come down plas and las will go up, the armoury will disappear only squad upgrades tick A if you want b, for simpletons will remain.. Fists will go up and thats where you hit a Decision I think that more points cost with less attacks will hurt (but this strange thing folks keep talking about always only hitting rear armour in 5th ed (anyone confirm the rhino nerf?) will make them more powerfull against most things (the landraider and monolith become untouchable in 5th ed which is just annoying they already took up more than there points allocation of enemy stuff to kill).. but basically you reallycould do with keeping a fist or two.. but expect them to be more of a rarity

Reading the debate, I think I am still safe to take the fists for now and am about to glue them onto my sgts. :D

Out of all your list the tornados are the ones that recieve the hate, just like chaos with the khorne demon prince, expect everything GW does with them to be lowering stats lowering mobilty and makeing generally worse for the next 4 years. (I still don't get why tzeentch are on their list too..I only beat the guy once)

So, main issue seems to be with the Land speeders. Not sure what I should replace them with, I have a 5 man assault squad here but other people suggested they were a waste of points.. Ideas? :D

Thanks so much for your feedback!
IMF2000
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

Postby killmaimburn » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:11 am

LordMalekTheRedKnight wrote:but personally my IG loved it when someone took a Landraider against them
Blargal Smargel, Ljundhammer once said (after I had been moaning and nagging for a while) his army wasn't broken because a 20 las 50 plas guard army would eat through it.. (my army at that time containing precisely 4 plasma guns no las)
All that tells me is that guard deserve a nerf more than other things :lol:

Advising for other units..I'd rather not advise folks on spending right now.. the whole 40k universe is holding its breath a bit. How much of what I'm saying is end product? How much has GW really thought about stuff e.g. for 4th ed they said that the chromaticron would make necrons really much better at combat (that is laughable) and in the 5th ed things they've said that necrons using run can be an assualty force (again hopefully a joke)..SO I can't really work out what will and won't be good.. termies (possibly assualt if the rumour about DSing and assualting in the same turn is true) are fairly solid.. as I said landraiders appear good (especially if the new version of the power of the machine spirit really does let it move and shoot all weapons... ignoring the whole vehicle nerf of 5th completely)
basically to be the roxxers you need deathwing (I'm only saying that to upset ljundhammer)
Look at what was good.. and that shall no longer be good.Look to the skies and gamble or wait and see what happens is about the best advise I can offer. (I have friends selling stuff on ebay saying "but its useless i can't see why I've kept it" and I can't convince them not to sell. I just encourage them to charge more for it until the muddy water settles)
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby LordMalekTheRedKnight » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:46 am

IMF2000 wrote:Ah, I put an extra man in my 5 man 400pt CP force

IMO the rule will probably be:
5 Marines: 1 Special Weapon, 1 (Vet) Sgt
10 Marines: 1 Heavy Weapon, 1 Special Weapon, 1 (Vet) Sgt

5 man squads should be fine, as long as they dont contain heavy weapons or more than 1 special weapon each.

Scouts may move to elites...

i thought the rumour was that Scouts will get worse stats in C: SM (5th), but will remain Troops? (dont quote me on that of course - ive not made huge efforts to keep up to date)

this way the "Elite" Scouts in the DA/BA dexes can represent those that are near the end of the process (almost ready to become Marines), while the "Troops" Scouts in C: SM would represent newer recruits near the start of their training (relatively speaking).

~ Tim
Last edited by LordMalekTheRedKnight on Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
LordMalekTheRedKnight
Lord Marmite
Lord General

Postby IMF2000 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:10 am

OK, made some further tweaks, dropped the extra guy from 400pts CP to save issues with 5th ed. Swapped out the Lspeeders for Bikes. How does this look?

400 Pts - Ultramarines Roster - 400-IMF2000
   9 Tactical Squad
      1 Sergeant

4 Tactical Squad
      1 Razorback
         Twin Linked Heavy Bolter
      1 Sergeant

Total Roster Cost: 385

1000 Pts - Ultramarines Roster - 1000-IMF2000
HQ: Master
   1 Master
      Bolt Pistol (x1); Power Weapon (x1)

9 Tactical Squad
      1 Sergeant

4 Tactical Squad
      1 Razorback
         Twin Linked Heavy Bolter
      1 Sergeant

Troops: Scout Squad
   4 Scout Squad
      Sniper Rifle (x3); Missile Launcher (x1)
      1 Sergeant
         Sniper Rifle

Heavy Support: Predator Annihilator
   1 Predator Annihilator
      Twin Linked Lascannon; Heavy Bolter (x2)

Elite: Dreadnought
   1 Dreadnought
      Missile Launcher; Twin Linked Lascannon

Fast Attack: Bike Squadron
   3 Bike Squadron
      Frag Grenades; Twin Linked Bolter (x3); Meltagun (x1)
      1 Sergeant
         Frag Grenades (squad); Bolt Pistol (x1); Power Weapon (x1); Twin Linked Bolter; Terminator Honors

Total Roster Cost: 1000
IMF2000
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

Previous

Return to 40K Army Lists

Social Links