Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Tyrian, The Emperor's Champion

For members to post long running threads about projects they are working on

Tyrian, The Emperor's Champion

Postby reaver13 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:28 am

...Balthyn continued to fire his storm bolter at anything that wasn't clad in power armor. His armor was punctured many times over, and his body was as well, he slowly realized. The Ordo Malleus had felt a Greater Daemon would re-emerge somewhere on this planet and they were right. The Black Templars were already on planet fighting one of their numberless crusades, unknowingly spilling blood that would allow the daemon to step through the warp. Balthyn was led on planet by Brother-Captain Duthuin and the rest of his terminator brethren, as well as being accompanied by another squad of Grey Knights.

As he slowly slipped into unconsciousness he remembered the sight from the thunderhawk. The daemon was massive, twice the size of an Astartes in terminator armor. It smote numerous Templars into the barren ground with it's perversion of what should be an arm. When the assault doors opened after touchdown a lone figure stood feet away with an immense black sword in hand. Unwavering he stood his ground and cried many praises in the name of the Emperor and his Crusade. The Grey Knights rushed forward to his aid.

The battle was fierce. Grey Knights not clad in terminator armor were torn asunder, limbs flailing in grotesque directions, armor crumpling under immense forces. The daemon howled in pain with each Grey Knight it maimed, their sacred armor burning the daemon's skin, yet spurning it on with each kill. What seemed like hours took mere minutes, and the daemon finally succumbed to the onslaught after all the Knights, save Balthyn had been killed.

As his final breaths were about to escape his lips the black clad Templar, massive sword still in hand approached him, miraculously unharmed. "Knight, the sacrifices you and your brothers made here today allow me to continue my Crusade. For granting me more time to slaughter those that oppose the Emperor I will bear with me the memories of your sacrifice. If I may, Knight...". And with that the Templar bent down and removed Balthyn's heraldric shield from his terminator armor and secured it to his own leg. "Brother, what is your name, so that I may look for you when we all fight alongside the Emperor at the last?", asked Balthyn. The Templar took a long breath giving much thought to the Knight's request. "Tyrian. Though I fear I will not see you in the end. I can never claim enough lives to avenge our failure so long ago..."

Ok, that's my fluff for my emperor's champ. I'm going all out with some techniques I've been trying to figure out and will post pics soon for hopefully your viewing pleasure (or disappointment, who knows, lol).

-Reaver

Ok, here he is, very early form. I shaded the cloth really dark b/c I figured it would probably be rather dirty from all the fighting yes? Still can't decide what color to use to highlight his black. Gotta find something that will make it "pop".

http://img162.imageshack.us/my.php?image=champrd4.jpg
Last edited by reaver13 on Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
reaver13

Postby reaver13 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:22 pm

Here's a little update, still a long ways to go. I've had a couple of tests lately at school, so very little time to actually paint. Anyways...

http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=champ4aq7.jpg
reaver13

Postby LordMalekTheRedKnight » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:09 pm

you missed the same mould line as on the GK - the one running across the sword guard. i would take a file and/or knife to that ASAP before you put too much work into painting the area.

other than that, its shaping up nice. :)

~ Tim
8O :D OMG - Im a Dad - of THREE!! :D 8O
:) I am "LMTRK" on The Wizards Community and MTG Salvation
LordMalekTheRedKnight
Lord Marmite
Lord General

Postby reaver13 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:14 pm

Crap, good catch. That was actually on my list to do, but somehow overlooked it... again. :evil: As always thanks for the good eye Tim!

-Reaver
reaver13

Postby LordMalekTheRedKnight » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:18 pm

no probs. :)

when we get back from holiday Kate is going to go over all her old (mostly painted) Guardians with a knife to remove all the mould lines she missed when she first started that are now really obvious to her. :P

i think you pick up a knack for spotting them. :)

cheers

~ Tim
8O :D OMG - Im a Dad - of THREE!! :D 8O
:) I am "LMTRK" on The Wizards Community and MTG Salvation
LordMalekTheRedKnight
Lord Marmite
Lord General

Postby mattjgilbert » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:26 am

I've grown lazy recently and don't clean models as much as I "should". Don't look too close at mine in August!

And yes reaver, no problem making a model look dirty like it's been in a fight :)
Last edited by mattjgilbert on Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Return to Project Logs

Social Links