Login

Username:

Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Dice - Warhammer World trip 36mm big one!

For event announcements to be shown in the recent news on the forum home page.

Dice - Warhammer World trip 36mm big one!

Postby Spack » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:33 pm

Before I start knocking out test images for the AoS souvenir dice for Warhammer World, I thought I'd start by checking first to see (a) how many people want one of these, and (b) what the design should incorporate.

So first up, some details on what this project is going to cost. A single 36mm dice, in choice of the colours listed below, at £1.50 per dice so long as at least 24 are ordered (min order is 25, 1 is for me, so AoS members will need to buy 24 or more in total). These are massive dice - 36mm (take 27 normal 12mm dice and stack them in a cube to see how big they will be). The idea is to have these as a souvenir of the Warhammer World trip in August, hence the huge size. May also be ideal to use for determining casualties from shooting - a 36mm dice will knock over pretty much any model on the table :P

Design wise, do we want to go with a similar design to the 16mm dice with the surround around the lettering, but with additional text such as "Warhammer World 2008", "Road Trip 2008", or just "2008", or something else (please post suggestions). The design will be on the 6 face only. UPDATE: The logo can only go on the 6 face, this is not optional.

Colours available:

Opaque: Red, Green, Blue, Orange, Purple, Black (white spots)
Opaque: Yellow, White (black spots)

Pearl: Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, Black (gold spots)
Pearl: White (black spots)

(purple not available, yellow is instead)

All dice will have to have the same paint colour for the logo. Paint colours available are: Red, yellow, green, blue, white, black, gold, or silver.

Will likely go with the Pearl Blue, with gold paint.

So, who is interested?

UPDATE: Revised design.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Spack on Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Medals: 2
Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby killmaimburn » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:52 pm

Not for me..cheers..I have small puny lady like hands and the khorne buckets tax me at 12mm (I've already had to start hand exercises to move up a weight to the ones I just ordered from you):D
Of course all those with strong manly well exercised hands should support the site :lol:
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby timewizard » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:00 pm

Put me in for 1, Spack. I reckon I can use it for a turn marker. Will be cool with the AoS logo on the 6 pip side. Then during the game, when the '6' comes up, it's last turn, truly the 'Age of Strife' 8)
As to color, pick one for the lot, will make them special. If the road trip is a success (and judging by the posts, it will be) you can do a different color for future events.
Oh, I like the logo with '2008' under it. Any other writing I think would make it too busy.
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Medals: 11
Gold Wreath (1) Gold (1) Silver Wreath (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Spack » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:22 pm

Oooh, I hadn't considered using it as a turn marker.
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby timewizard » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:31 pm

Spack wrote:Oooh, I hadn't considered using it as a turn marker.

To continue on that thought, I would like to see it in the pearl white color. I think someone with some modeling skills could paint the backgroud of the logo rust orange and pick out the letters with mithril. :roll:
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Medals: 11
Gold Wreath (1) Gold (1) Silver Wreath (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby conscriptboris » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:22 pm

Hi,

Ill have one mate, my current turn marker says "take a shot", get a boob shot, tequila etc etc :P

I like the idea of it being a souvenir one, u cud put WW08 sumthin short?

conscriptboris
conscriptboris
Elvis isnt Dead!
Commander

Medals: 1
Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Angelwing » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:46 pm

I have some this size I use as turn counters, faith points and warpstone tokens.
I'll have a souvenir one and I'd quite like some normal one's in the colours I don't have!
Last edited by Angelwing on Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angelwing
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

Medals: 17
Gold (5) Silver (1) Painting Entrant (11)

Diiiice!

Postby Herne » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:10 pm

Spack - I'm up for one. Love the idea of the turn marker. The blue pearl one get's my vote = closest to the AoS website colours. How bout using the 'AoS' logo from the previous dice set test images with the 2008 under it?
My Gallery: http://www.ageofstrife.com/gallery/Herne

Nightbringer wrote:I like Amy Winehouse` music, although she looks like a Whippet in a bin bag.... 8)
Herne
Occasional brush wielder
Sorceror

Medals: 10
Anvil's Hammer - 1st Place (1) Gold (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)

Re: Diiiice!

Postby LordMalekTheRedKnight » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:11 pm

Herne wrote:How bout using the 'AoS' logo from the previous dice set test images with the 2008 under it?

the dice faces are really big - just "AoS" might look a bit plain. why not use the same logo as the other dice, with maybe "2008"/"WHW '08"/"WHWorld '08"/"WHW 2008" etc under it?
some mock-ups would help us decide though. :)

at first glance, i like opaque orange and pearl blue (Kate is reading over my shoulder, and she likes opaque purple, pearl blue and pearl black). EDIT: the more i look, the more opaque black and opaque white are growing on me too.
IMO whatever colour dice we go for, the logo colour should match the pip colour for consistency, if possible.

put Kate and I down for 2 between us (aside from making excellent souvenirs, they will be useful as turn markers etc). if we need to make up numbers to get the order to go through then i may be interested in more (i would rather have to buy 3 or 4 than not be able to get any at all).

IIRC last time i checked, 25 people had confirmed that they were coming. if we all get just 1 each as a momento, that will cover the minimum order amount (and afterall, £1.50 isnt much considering we are playing for free and proceeds go towards server costs).

cheers :)

~ Tim
EDIT - @KMB: you arent supposed to roll it. :P
p.s. would anyone who cant make it to the event still want one of these? :?:
if so, maybe just "2008" would be better that mentioning WHWorld specifically, to increase their appeal.
Last edited by LordMalekTheRedKnight on Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8O :D OMG - Im a Dad - of THREE!! :D 8O
:) I am "LMTRK" on The Wizards Community and MTG Salvation
LordMalekTheRedKnight
Lord Marmite
Lord General

Re: Diiiice!

Postby killmaimburn » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:58 am

LordMalekTheRedKnight wrote:EDIT - @KMB: you arent supposed to roll it. :P

Insert mocking comment about all other members sexual practices here :twisted:
(Sorry spack couldn't help myself)
If you end up being 1 short of your order number I'll stump up for the team and release my funds for the shared gratification of all,(thats not an order yet BTW its kind of a conditional donation )
Last edited by killmaimburn on Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby IMF2000 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:33 am

I'll take one, and possibly more to make up the numbers :D

Oh yeah, I like the black perl one ;)
Last edited by IMF2000 on Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
IMF2000
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

Postby mattjgilbert » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:27 pm

I'll take 1. Pearl White would get my vote.
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby conscriptboris » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:31 pm

Herne wrote:The blue pearl one get's my vote = closest to the AoS website colours.

I wud vote for this idea of it being similiar to the website, with Age Of Strife 2008 written on it, sounds gr8

conscriptboris
conscriptboris
Elvis isnt Dead!
Commander

Medals: 1
Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Firecrest_inc » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:27 pm

I can't make it too Warhammer world, but if you need to make up numbers I would be willing to purchase one.
Firecrest_inc
Veteran
Veteran

Postby KInG » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:11 pm

I'd love one Sapck... Black and Gold would be my vote... and turn dice was the exact 1st thought I had also for it.

Age of
Strife

Roadtrip '08
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Next

Return to Events

Social Links