Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

1500pt Eldar list - Help please

Post your army lists here!

1500pt Eldar list - Help please

Postby Choral » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:09 am

I've only played with 1000 points and I'm not really sure how some of these units will work. My Farseer, Wraithlord and 1 guardian unit work well together from the few games I've taken the combination. I'm not convinced about the transport as the fire dragons have managed to stay alive through luck and hiding in terrain but this might not always be possible. Please let me know if there is anything missing or too over the top. Thanks :)

Code: Select all
1500 Pts - Eldar Roster - Unnamed

1 Farseer
   Psyker;  Doom ;  Guide ; Fleet; Ghost Helm (GH); Rune Armour (RAmr); Spirit Stones (P:SpStn); Shuriken Pistol (Sp); Witchblade (WB)

0 Guardian Squad
   Fleet
   10 G Defender Squad
      Shuriken Catapult (SCat) (x10)
      1 Weapon Platform
         Scatter Laser (SctL)

0 Guardian Squad
   Fleet
   10 G Defender Squad
      Shuriken Catapult (SCat) (x10)
      1 Weapon Platform
         Scatter Laser (SctL)

9 Dire Avengers
   Fleet; Avenger S-Catapult (ASC)
   1 Dire Avenger Exarch
      Fleet;  Bladestorm  (BS);  Defend  (D); 2 Avenger SC

9 Striking Scorpions
   Mandiblaster (Mb); Scorpion Chainsword (SCs); Shuriken Pistol (Sp); Plasma Grenades (PG)
   1 Striking Scorpion Exarch
      Shadowstrike; Mandiblaster (Mb); Scorpion Chainsword (SCs); Scorpion Claw (SClaw); Plasma Grenades (PG)

1 Wraithlord
   Unit Type: Monstrous Creature; Fearless; WraithSight; Flamer (x2); Bright Lance (BL); Missile Launcher (ML)

5 Warp Spiders
   Unit Type: Jump Infantry; Warp Jump Generators (WJG); Death Spinner (DS)
   1 Warp Spider Exarch
      Unit Type: Jump Infantry; Withdraw;  Surprise Assault  (SA); Warp Jump Generators (WJG); Death Spinner x2

5 Pathfinders (Rangers)
   Fleet; Infiltrate; Move Through Cover; Stealth; Ignore Difficult Terrain; Pathfinder Stealth; Scouts; Pathfinders; Shuriken Pistol (Sp) (x5); Ranger Long Rifle (RLRifle)

5 Fire Dragons
   Fleet; Fusion Gun (Fg); Melta Bombs
   1 Fire Dragon Exarch
      Fleet;  Crack Shot  (CS); Fusion Gun (Fg); Melta Bombs
   1 Wave Serpent
      Energy Field (Wave Serpent); TL Shuriken Catapult (TL-Scat); TL Shuriken Cannons (TL-SCan)

1 War Walker Squadron
   Scouts; Spirit Stone (V:SpStn)
   1 War Walker
      Spirit Stone (V:SpStn); Scatter Laser (SctL); Scatter Laser (SctL)
   1 War Walker
      Spirit Stone (V:SpStn); Starcannon (StrCan); Starcannon (StrCan)

Choral
Guardian
Guardian

Postby killmaimburn » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:19 am

I'm really useless with eldar but...
Do i read it right that you have a spare heavy slot? If so split the warwalker squad into 2..then you have one dedicated to anti elites and one for massed fire. (otherwise I might suggest dropping the starcannons and having similar weaponry within the unit)
Looks fun, how do the guardian squads perform for you?
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby LordMalekTheRedKnight » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:42 am

killmaimburn wrote:Do i read it right that you have a spare heavy slot? If so split the warwalker squad into 2

something to consider here would be (assuming 5th ed) that this would potentially give away an extra KP (an easy one at that).

if the list is for 5th ed, then you could save some points by dropping Suprise Assault on the Warpspiders, couldnt you?
(i was under the impression that 5th allows all Jump Infantry to DS in all standard missions)

as to the Guardians, personally i like the EML. this has extra range and more versatility (anti MEQ, anti hord, anti tank), and can cause Pinning. might be worth considering on one of the squads. :)

hope that helps

~ Tim
8O :D OMG - Im a Dad - of THREE!! :D 8O
:) I am "LMTRK" on The Wizards Community and MTG Salvation
LordMalekTheRedKnight
Lord Marmite
Lord General

Postby timewizard » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:52 pm

LordMalekTheRedKnight wrote:if the list is for 5th ed, then you could save some points by dropping Suprise Assault on the Warpspiders, couldnt you?
(i was under the impression that 5th allows all Jump Infantry to DS in all standard missions)
hope that helps ~ Tim

5th says that all jump infantry units may enter the battle by deep strike. Doesn't specify standard missions, so they could deep strike every battle (even CP Tim!)
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Medals: 11
Gold Wreath (1) Gold (1) Silver Wreath (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Choral » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:52 pm

Thanks for the tips, I'll take a missile launcher to give me more firing options :) I've never used vehicles before so I wasn't really sure what to put on the walkers, so I just picked something I was likely to hit with :)

I've used guardians in almost every game I've played and have been quite impressed with them. I mainly use them for the weapon platform and the scatter laser works really well for me but I agree the missile launcher could be more useful so I'll take 1 of those. A couple of times people have got too close to my guardians and wished they hadn't :) I keep them as protected as I can and people can waste their shots trying to pick them off (rather them than my Wraithlord) or they will be a nuisance to them.
Choral
Guardian
Guardian

Postby LordMalekTheRedKnight » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:22 pm

not wanting to derail the thread, but it is relevant as it affects the validity of Surpise Assault...

timewizard wrote:5th says that all jump infantry units may enter the battle by deep strike. Doesn't specify standard missions, so they could deep strike every battle (even CP Tim!)

"All jump infantry units may enter the battle by ‘deep strike’, as explained on page 95." - Jump Infantry, Movement, p52

"All standard missions and deployment types use the following mission special rules, detailed on pages 94 and 95: ‘reserves’ and ‘deep strike’." - Mission Special Rules, p92

EDIT - ahh, i think i found it:
"If you wish to use this ‘deep strike’ option, then the units in question must begin the game in reserve (even if you are playing a special mission where the ‘reserves’ special rule is not being used)." - p95, Deepstrike

so this means that units that under 4th ed could only DS "when the mission allows it" will always be able to DS in 5th ed (unless of course you played a special scenario that specifically said "No DS" of course). and this definately makes Suprise Assault a waste of points in 5th ed lists.

cool. :)

(makes a big difference to our CP lists, as all of a sudden my Stealth Team and Gun Drones, and Kate's Swooping Hawks, will get to start the game in Reserve and enter play via DS)

cheers!

~ Tim
Last edited by LordMalekTheRedKnight on Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8O :D OMG - Im a Dad - of THREE!! :D 8O
:) I am "LMTRK" on The Wizards Community and MTG Salvation
LordMalekTheRedKnight
Lord Marmite
Lord General

Postby killmaimburn » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:33 pm

LordMalekTheRedKnight wrote:(makes a big difference to our CP lists, as all of a sudden my Stealth Team and Gun Drones, and Kate's Swooping Hawks, will get to start the game in Reserve and enter play via DS)
Or my original nurgle jump pack list :lol: (that would be such a boring battle vs your nurgle jump pack list :wink: )
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to 40K Army Lists

Social Links