Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Stormtroopers & Grenadiers.

Discussion of anything 40K related

Stormtroopers & Grenadiers.

Postby Vaktathi » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:31 am

Ok, quick question here. according to the IG codex, Grenadiers are identical to Stormtroopers except they can't Deep Strike or Infiltrate, but are essentially raised from the same recruits as the normal Guardsmen are, wheras Stormtroopers are outside troops attached to the unit by Departmento Munitorum. If I'm correct in this, if using both Grenadiers and Stormtroopers in a unit, would it be more correct from "fluff" standpoint to use the Stormtrooper models from GW for the ST's used as "Elites" rather than DKoK grenadiers I'm using for the "grenadiers" troops?
Vaktathi
Guardsman
Guardsman

Postby Spack » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:45 am

Personally if I was mixing them I'd use DK Grenadiers or Cadian Kasrkin as Grenadiers, and the older metal Storm Troopers as Storm Troopers. The Kasrkin and DK Grenadiers are the regimental trained units who are like their special forces unit, so would be almost as good as the Munitorum troops, but not have access to equipment to get them into the front lines or drop.
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Medals: 2
Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby Vaktathi » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:01 am

Spack wrote:Personally if I was mixing them I'd use DK Grenadiers or Cadian Kasrkin as Grenadiers, and the older metal Storm Troopers as Storm Troopers. The Kasrkin and DK Grenadiers are the regimental trained units who are like their special forces unit, so would be almost as good as the Munitorum troops, but not have access to equipment to get them into the front lines or drop.

That's kinda exactly what I was thinking, using the DKoK guys as the normal Grenadiers, and the metal ST's for the "Elites" ST's, still not sure yet, but I'm thinking about it.

It may boil down to whatever is easier to paint, if the Resin's are easier, I'll use 6 squads of them, if the metal's are easier, I'll replace 3 of the DKoK's with the metals. but maybe not.
Vaktathi
Guardsman
Guardsman

Postby Spack » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:29 am

Have you seen the DK Centaur? I've just ordered one, thinking of using it to transport a 5 man Grenadier squad as it's a fast vehicle so can move 24" first turn to get into a better position, or move 12" and have the squad unload while the pintle heavy stubber can still provide covering fire :)
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Medals: 2
Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Return to 40K Discussion

Social Links