Login

Username:

Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Genestealer Cult - 5th ed Update (Combat Patrol)

For discussing new rules and changes to the current rules, such as new homebrew datasheets for Apocalypse

Postby mattjgilbert » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:35 pm

Cool so we have:

Code: Select all
- Psychic Power - "Jinx": Requires a successful Psychic Test and is cast instead of shooting. May be targeted against any enemy unit that has at least one model within Range (24") and LOS of the Magus. All models in the affected unit have their BS reduced by one in its following Shooting Phase. In addition, template and blast weapons fired by the affected unit half the number of hits they score (rounding down, so this could be zero). Using the power does not affect who the Magus can charge, and if he is joined to a unit, they are not restricted to shooting/charging the same unit he targets with the power (i.e. it does not work like shooting).

Sound right?
Last edited by mattjgilbert on Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby LordMalekTheRedKnight » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:48 pm

sorry Matt, i misunderstood. i liked the idea of halving hits for Templates and Blasts (so no need to worry about a special roll to use a Template weapon, or to worry about when Scatter Dice can be re-rolled), but i didnt mean for the re-roll hits for other weapons to change (so weapons that roll to hit normally re-roll successful dice).

i think that should work without being too complicated. :)

i dont think to-hit/BS modifiers really fit these days...

~ Tim
8O :D OMG - Im a Dad - of THREE!! :D 8O
:) I am "LMTRK" on The Wizards Community and MTG Salvation
LordMalekTheRedKnight
Lord Marmite
Lord General

Postby mattjgilbert » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:52 pm

I was trying to reduce the number of dice rolled. More dice = confusing and error prone (not much I grant you); especially for your opponent who might not have played these rules before.

Nothing wrong with BS modifiers. After all Ld, A, S modifiers all still exist :)
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Previous

Return to 40K Rules Development

Social Links