Does this make you feel insulted?

Discuss what you like

Does this make you feel insulted?

Postby Ben » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:55 pm

Ben
High Lord of Terra
Brother-Captain

Postby timewizard » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:14 pm

Insulted? Not at all! First off, she starts out by calling it "the world of warcraft". There's a Warhammer box sitting right in front of her! Warcraft is a computer game. But since when have TV reporters let the facts get in the way of their reporting? :wink:
At the end, she quotes the biblical "The geek shall inherit the earth". That only sucks for you if you are not one :lol:
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Medals: 11
Gold Wreath (1) Gold (1) Silver Wreath (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby ruffian4 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:19 pm

:D

I have weathered far greater, I think.

:D
killmaimburn wrote:If this is a masked ball, then the other bits of him are off spiking the teachers punch.

DEATH WATCH DEATH RATTLE DEATHS DOOR AINT I DIED ENOUGH BEFORE?
ruffian4
4th dan imbecile
Sorceror

Postby mattjgilbert » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:19 pm

I'm not entirely sure what the point of it is. Is this supposed to attract investors or put them off?
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby timewizard » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:23 pm

mattjgilbert wrote:I'm not entirely sure what the point of it is. Is this supposed to attract investors or put them off?

Don't know. Here in the states, this kind of report would only be aired on a "no real news to report" day. :D
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Postby killmaimburn » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:25 pm

I think its a quick buisness glance programme thing (you know for small group investors on what looks tasty)
No not insulted, we play toy soldiers.I look down on the role players in full battle garb, and warhammer anchient battles is the one that says "I know my place" :)

We take an awful lot less flack than we did in the 80s, where is the moral majority saying def leppard and rolling dice = bound to satan forever and should be driven off.. where the folk who say reading jackson and livingstone books means you'll be possessed by the forces of darkness. Really no threat..and as Timewizared points out folks like bill gates own and pay her ass. so she can't be too mean to geeks :)
Last edited by killmaimburn on Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby timewizard » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:35 pm

killmaimburn wrote:We take an awful lot less flack than we did in the 80s,

You mean playing D&D didn't condemn all of our souls to hell??? :evil: Damn! That's the only reason I played it! 8)
I get a kick out of the bs over here about video games making the kids violent, lawbreakers, homicidal, etc. I love horror films, always did. Psycho was one of my favorites, still is, and I didn't grow up to be a serial killer (although TBH, I have "killed off" a goodly quantity of "cereal" in my time :lol: ). My son loves to play the games "House of the Dead" and "Resident Evil" on our Wii system. He knows there are no such things as zombies (not in this plane of existance anyway :roll: ) and he is not going to go out shooting up the world. Why? Because he has parents that are raising him to know the difference between good/evil, fact/fantasy, real/games.
I don't blame video games for increased violence any more than I blame teachers for illiteracy. I blame the parents. (Off soapbox now :oops: )
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Postby Ben » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:38 pm

I was the only person on WarSeer that didn't seem to get offended so I was thinking I was alone.

Timewizard, did they have book burnings in your area? That was big in the Deep South.
Ben
High Lord of Terra
Brother-Captain

Postby timewizard » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:47 pm

Not up here thankfully. The southern states are a different story. There are some people down south who are not only still fighting the war between the states, and they believe the south will still win and become the confederate states of america! Now, before I get pelted, note I said some people, not all southerners! There are those who truly believe "If at first you don't secede, try, try again!"
New York has always been a more liberal state with pockets of conservatism. I believe that a converted conservative is a liberal who has been mugged! :D
EDIT: I'll have to look at the Warseer thread. In general, I don't sweat the small stuff. I save getting offended for things that really matter!
Last edited by timewizard on Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Postby swordtart » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:49 pm

"A rolepayer huh, haaang him, I do believe there's a tree over there that's vacant"
It is not who we are that defines us, it is what we do.
swordtart
Veteran
Veteran

Postby timewizard » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:52 pm

swordtart wrote:"A rolepayer huh, haaang him, I do believe there's a tree over there that's vacant"

Even worse! A Dungeon Master!! :twisted:
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Postby Ben » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:54 pm

Here it is.

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157804

Yeah, the South is part of the United States but in many ways it is a different country.
Ben
High Lord of Terra
Brother-Captain

Postby AdrianG » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:57 pm

Insulted? Never!

Now where's that damn Torch and Pitchfork?
Collector of Space Wolves, and all round awful painter!

AdrianG's Gallery: http://www.ageofstrife.com/gallery/AdrianG
AdrianG
Apprentice Lurker (Still)
Captain

Postby LordMalekTheRedKnight » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:00 pm

i wasnt offended by that as a wargamer... although as a viewer i might stretch to feeling a little offended by her mistakes and the gimmics of the production. would depend on the context of the show it was taken from of course - if all the stories are handled the same way then that would be fine.

~ Tim
8O :D OMG - Im a Dad - of THREE!! :D 8O
:) I am "LMTRK" on The Wizards Community and MTG Salvation
LordMalekTheRedKnight
Lord Marmite
Lord General

Postby timewizard » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:00 pm

Ben wrote:Here it is.

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157804

Yeah, the South is part of the United States but in many ways it is a different country.

We have many different "countries" here! In Maine, even the language is different! There are rural areas here on Long Island where I live. The southwest has it's native american roots. And don't even get me started on California!!! :lol: But for all our differences, we are all united (pretty much :roll: ) but I am biased, I have lived here all my life!
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Next

Return to Anything goes

Social Links