Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Apocalypse Assets

Discussion of anything 40K related

Apocalypse Assets

Postby Firecrest_inc » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:19 pm

Any personal faves, I've only played apocalypse once, so I don't really have one, but in my game I choose shield generator, and it really came in handy as I was up against 2 baneblades and a stormblade, while having no super heavies myself, the 4+ invul save came in really hand for my command base which I set up to control the middle of the table.

So back to the question, what is your favourite asset?
Firecrest_inc
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Sammael » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:17 pm

Mine is Ambush, just so anyone using the over powered Flank March gets a few shots at AP3 before they start :)
Sammael

Postby chromedog » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:22 am

I had a game a couple of weeks ago, and the 'null field' came into its own.
Eldar+Marines vs Chaos and Necrons. I put the null field generator as close to NML as possible (inside one of my 'home' objectives) and revealed it after deployment.
Forces of order won the setup and first turn (8 minute deployment for 6000pts). My farseers cast guide on the shootiest units and fortune upon the units I wanted to keep safe from Long Range fire. Did some minor damage to the chaos forces that were setup (roughly 30%. He put the rest into strategic reserve and had the 'strategic planning' asset.)

Disorder turn 1, they advanced the sorcerer with 'lash' up inside the 36" range of the null field, and deep struck two necron monoliths into my deployment zone. They then cast it (lash) (on 3d6, discarding lowest - my seers take runes against enemy psykers) a 10 (lucky for him). Just as he was about to move a unit of my guardians up into assault range of his chosen, I cancelled out his power with a 2+ die roll. The look on his face was priceless.

The look on the necron player's face was better in turn two, when two fire prisms and a couple of tau hammerheads turned up from reserve and blew them into little bits.
chromedog
Exarch
Exarch

Postby Taumaul » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:17 am

Hi Chromedog, welcome to the forums.

Sounds like you had a good game. Must admit Ive looked at using Null field but prefer flank march or even better for combat infantry is tunnels/sewers.

Just 1 thing, your opponent rolls 3d6 for his psychic test when you have Runes of Warding and he adds the total of the 3 together. You only discard a dice(highest) when using Runes of Witnessing.
Taumaul
GamingFigures
Warlord

Postby chromedog » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:24 am

Ah, thought I might have misread it. No bother, he only just passed it as it was. :D They only got used the once, as he wanted to use the force weapon next turn - but got killed by a banshee before he could draw. I'll know better next time.

The fortuned seer council within 12" of the Avatar proved to be the hardest unit to kill - even if all of those witch weapons failed to even damage the necron monoliths. Re-rollable 4+ inv with fearless. It attracted a fair amount of firepower, but kept one of my objectives safe.
That is not dead which can eternal lie

and yet, with strange aeons, even death may die
chromedog
Exarch
Exarch

Return to 40K Discussion

Social Links