Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Gamingfigures @ Warhammer 40k Grand Tournament heat 3

Discussion of anything 40K related

Gamingfigures @ Warhammer 40k Grand Tournament heat 3

Postby Taumaul » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:46 pm

I would like to congratulate Nigel(King) on his absolutatly fantastic performance at this weeknds tourney.

Out of 6 games over the course of 2 days he won all 6 and finished in 2nd place out of 180. Only 2 people in the whole of the tourny won 6 games, the other one being the eventual winner(he won as he had scored more bonus points).

Out of my 6 games I won 3, drew 2 and lost 1(I hate Necrons) finishing in 35 place.

The top 40 players qualified for the Grand Final in March, so I just scraped through. :)

We both had a fantastic weekend, met some new friends and enjoyed all our games. On that note I would personally like to thank all my opponents for 6 fantastic and friendly games which were fought in a very relaxed manner(especially the last game, nice one Rob. See you in March). :wink:

Now what army shall I take in March???????????????????????????????????

Whatever it is I better start painting it now, so that Im not up all night the night before the tourny painting. :oops:
Taumaul
GamingFigures
Warlord

Postby Sammael » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:00 pm

Yes, Fantastic weekend!!! I can see me going to everyone from now on, and even some local Independant ones also.

Thanks to: Chris (IG); John (Tau); Josh (Tau); James (Eldar); Chris (Dark Eldar); Jon (Necrons) for 6 great games of 40k played in the best spirit also. While offering 6 very tough and very different games for me they were all played in the best spirits and friendly manner. Well done to all of you who made it through to the next stage, I'll let you have your revenge on me there ;)

I've posted up the few pictures I took. You can see Jon's fantastic Necrons on there that I played in game 6, which was a game I will never forget, coming right down to the wire. (thank God for that extra turn ;) ). There are pictures from mine and James' 4th game where I demonstrate perfectly how to hide behind one piece of cover!!! lol

http://www.gamingfiguresforums.com/modu ... _album.php

The best piccie though is of Chris' smoke grenades in game one, which his hellhound popped ;) n1 Chris, but they did pong a bit :D

Well done to Gavin also for just scraaappppppiiiiinngggggg thru! :roll: My advice would be, get painting!!! lol Ah, but he did scalp the Tourney winner from 2004 & 2005 in his 3rd game, so hats off to you too fella, good show.

See you guys in March, maybe with a few improvements :?: who knows.
Last edited by Sammael on Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sammael

Postby Jay » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:19 am

All I can say is nice one :D
Jay
Veteran
Veteran

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Firecrest_inc » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:56 pm

Congrats to both of you on making the finals. Those are some nice pictures from the tourney. I especially like the IG hovercrafts, some inspiration there.
Firecrest_inc
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Sammael » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:19 pm

Firecrest_Inc wrote:Congrats to both of you on making the finals. Those are some nice pictures from the tourney. I especially like the IG hovercrafts, some inspiration there.

yes they are awsome, great idea.
Sammael

Postby Sammael » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:21 pm

Sammael

Postby Crag » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:11 pm

Bob told me about that grats Nige and Gav ofcourse glad you both qualified and had a great time :D
Crag

Postby KInG » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:05 am

cheers mate, yes it was cool, can't wait for the next one
KInG
Archon
Archon

Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Return to 40K Discussion

Social Links