Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

DA converted to SM

Post your army lists here!

DA converted to SM

Postby KInG » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:19 pm

I had the privelage of seeing the SM dex recently. So I quickly converted my DA list to and SM one, just to see the points difference.

My list is as follows:

HQ:
Sammael in Speeder
Troops:
3 bikers w/2 plas 1 PW
3 bikers w/ 1plas 1 PW
3 bikers w/ 1 melta 1 flamer 1 PF
3 x 1 attack bike w/MMs
Elites:
2 x Deadnoghts w/ ass.can CCW SB
Heavy Support:
2 x Predators w/ TL Las HBspons
1 x Vindicator w/ dozer

Total : 1500pts

Now then, Khan (Whitescars Chapter Master) in the new dex is the same points as Sammael when given his bike, which can Run and Fleet!
He gives his unit Hit and Run and Furious Charge! Very nice.
He also swaps his army's Combat Tactics special rule for the Outflank S.R. (meaning all the bikes).
On top of that his PW does ID on a roll to wound of a 6.

The rest of the list is exactly the same and comes in at 1355pts

A massive 145 points cheaper. This is amazing. It gives me the points to increase the 3 x 3 bike units to 5 which is needed to get them to count as troops. Making them troops frees up the 3 FA slots to keep the Attack Bikes as single units.

The only down side to this is that the Attack Bikes won't be counted as troops. In effect giving me only half as many troop choices. Unless the Combat Squads rule allows the Attack Bike you can take with the SM Bikes unit to split like DA and play as seperate units. Would be cool if u can split the unit in half and have 3 bikes <-> 2bikes w/ Atk Bk.

What I can now look at tho, because of the CC ability Khan gives me, is maybe swap out a dreadnought or two and pick up some scouts or tactical squads to increase my troops count.

Other down sides to this list are, bikes are not fearless, can not scout, only outflank, and no teleport homers (not that I use them presently).

Looks like the DA codex might be going in the draw for a rest. :(
Last edited by KInG on Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Postby Ben » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:26 pm

Very interesting.

There is always doublewing.
Ben
High Lord of Terra
Brother-Captain

Re: DA converted to SM

Postby killmaimburn » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:53 am

KInG wrote:Other down sides to this list are, bikes are not fearless, can not scout, only outflank, and no teleport homers (not that I use them presently).
Cough scout bikers infiltrate scout turboboost, and knowing if your going first or not.
If your thinking of dropping a dread then how about a points shuffle of losing a dread and going for those evil thunderhammer and stormhield boys..200, 2+3++ of running super tanks and elite killing justice that just has to be killed. (I'm interested in hearing how a competant player uses them.)
KInG wrote:Looks like the DA codex might be going in the draw for a rest. :(
I said ravenwing would :wink:
I'm going to try to mod my list into 5th tonight (but I'm thinking master of the forge convesion beamer and 4 dreads + 2 standard troops.)
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby KInG » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:36 am

I haven't read the rest yet, so Im not aware of other treats. I just wanted to quickly convert my list into the other Dex.

Now I have I think I'll be switching. But do I spray everythng black and start over, or just play DA as SM vanilla? :|
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby killmaimburn » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:53 am

I think there is a page in the smurf dex that says it welcomes using the smurfs (and charectors) as counts as for your own chapter.".so kantor can lead your ravenwing succeror legion using teh smurf codex rules" Thats how you'd tell your opponent anyway.
I thought you had the full thing after GD.. read up and find the quote that I'm paraphrasing off the leakers
Last edited by killmaimburn on Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby KInG » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:13 am

GD is this weekend :P lol and it hasn't been confirmed that the Dex is available there yet has it?
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby killmaimburn » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:29 am

Taumaul said it was.. get your stories straight lads :)
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby Spack » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:31 am

I'm happy to wait for mine and get it cheaper - it's not like I'm going to playing any time soon, except Saturday as KInG, taumaul, and conscriptboris are going to be round the corner from my house :)
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby KInG » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:57 pm

So be ready for my new SM list then. You will need the dex just incase Im cheating.... again :P
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby KInG » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:00 pm

See this is typical of Gav. He gets juicy bits of information like this and never tells us.

Therefore I am posting here to try and shame him into doing something with the info he gets.

You found out this was confirmed before I did, now how messed up is that?

Lack of communication, maybe Gav just doesn't read the forums... let's see how long before he reads this, if he does at all.

Why can't he come off the phone, bring up the forums, click on the news & rumours and give us the info??? too hard maybes? :(
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby killmaimburn » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:58 pm

KInG wrote:Why can't he come off the phone, bring up the forums, click on the news & rumours and give us the info??? too hard maybes? :(

Maybe he's too busy working for gaming forums.com and selling stuff :D
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby AdrianG » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:06 pm

Only works IF it says

"Refer to Codex:SM"
Otherwise, nice result :D
Collector of Space Wolves, and all round awful painter!

AdrianG's Gallery: http://www.ageofstrife.com/gallery/AdrianG
AdrianG
Apprentice Lurker (Still)
Captain

Postby Taumaul » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:38 pm

Most the forthcoming Space Marine releases, inc the codex will be available to buy at Games Day on Sunday.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/gamesday/2008-preview/6/

Lmao, Nige you must have Alzheimers Lite(i apologise over the spelling).

We have discussed the SM pre releases at Games Day on several occassions over the last week or so.
I even told you I cancelled my SM Spearhead order as the codex was available this weekend.
Last edited by Taumaul on Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taumaul
GamingFigures
Warlord

Postby Angelwing » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:42 pm

145 pts sounds alot, but I do think you get your points worth from the DA special rules you are losing by switching over (ie scouting, fearless, extra units counting as troops etc).

For the very thought of switching from the Dark Angels, I think a chat with Asmodai followed by a spell in the pain glove whilst being jabbed by Watchers in the Dark armed with GW whippy sticks is in order!
Cease your heresy and blasphemy! etc etc

:)
Angelwing
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

Medals: 17
Gold (5) Silver (1) Painting Entrant (11)

Postby KInG » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:29 pm

Taumaul wrote:Most the forthcoming Space Marine releases, inc the codex will be available to buy at Games Day on Sunday.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/gamesday/2008-preview/6/

Lmao, Nige you must have Alzheimers Lite(i apologise over the spelling).

We have discussed the SM pre releases at Games Day on several occassions over the last week or so.
I even told you I cancelled my SM Spearhead order as the codex was available this weekend.

this ain't the news and rumours forum :P
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Next

Return to 40K Army Lists

Social Links