Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

deffkopta or bike

Post your army lists here!

deffkopta or bike

Postby scrapgrotz » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:14 am

i am thinking about taking a squadron of deffkoptas but don't know what to drop from my list, my bikes, war-tracks or Kans. do the deffkoptas work as well as they look? :wink:
scrapgrotz

Postby killmaimburn » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:30 am

I'm sorry I'm really new at orks (as in I'm getting my army in a month) but I'd say you ask one important question.. and leave another unanswered..what is the rest of your list?.. how does it play? where is the synergy? what do you hope to achieve by the switchout?
Basically show us your list so we can make an informed call :)
I'm afraid I need to read up a bit on those units efficacy (give me a few days)
Model wise- wait until black reach goes on general sale then suddenly deffcoptas will be everywhere at bargain rates :)
Last edited by killmaimburn on Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby KInG » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:38 am

good advice there KMB, and without knowing what ur wanting to add to the list makes it hard to comment.

My ork playing friend was missing a bit of anti tank, so he took the coptas over the bikes for this role, giving them Twin Linked Rokkits for the task.

What are you missing? ;)

BTW I've moved this thread to the army list forums as itis more suitable in there I think.
Last edited by KInG on Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Postby Angelwing » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:09 pm

Without seeing the rest of the list here are my thoughts:

Bikes: short range twin link guns, assault capabilities, high toughness + cover save, fast, cool new models.

Wartraks: long range twin link guns, choice of guns, no assault, fragile, fast, old models.

Kans: BS3 long range guns, choice of guns, assault capabilities, quite tough, slow, cool choppy stompy whirling blades of death models.

On a like for like basis, I'd swap out the bikes, but to upgrade the army I'd swap the wartraks for a slight improvement in speed and assault or the kans for a big speed upgrade.

But I'm biased. I love kans.
Last edited by Angelwing on Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angelwing
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

Medals: 17
Gold (5) Silver (1) Painting Entrant (11)

Postby mattjgilbert » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:30 am

Ork bikes are one of the sickest units you can have in your army. In large numbers they can be lethal. They can dish out a silly number of rerollable shots AND assault with something like 4 attacks each in the same turn. Plus they get a 4+ cover save for free which travels with them.
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby cgra1 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:33 am

Ork bikes are pretty good and Id opt to keep them in and lose the Kans.
Ive always found Kans a little slow for the rest of my army. Although if you have the points a deff dread or 2 to protect objectives can be a nasty bonus.
I'd keep the bikes and deffkoptors, if u give the koptors rockets they sudenly become quite potent anti tank, this combined with the scout ability can cause an opponent to re-consider there heavy weapon positioning.
cgra1

Postby scrapgrotz » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:18 pm

thanks guys for your input
the one thing my list is missing is fast tank hunters
the rest of the list is hard hitting but slow
scrapgrotz

Postby boomstick » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:08 pm

Flanking Deffkopters are awesome and Ive had a lot of success with them in a variety of configurations. If you can keep on top of your opponent with your bikes and other fast stuff they should serve you well. There for dropping the Kans is what id suggest.
boomstick

Postby DoctorTom » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:38 pm

I'd agree with dropping the Kans. You'll have far more mobility with the other units (plus the flanking capability with the Deffkoptas, as was pointed out), and TL Rokkit Launchas on a Kopta will hit slightly more often than a normal Rokkit Launcha on a Killa Kan. Plus, you can always throw a buzzbomb on if you want for a strafing run :)
DoctorTom
Exarch
Exarch

Return to 40K Army Lists

Social Links