Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Armoured Battlegroup (IA1) for Apoc Narrative play

Post your army lists here!

Armoured Battlegroup (IA1) for Apoc Narrative play

Postby HOBO » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:12 am

Hi Treadheads
current project is kicking along quite nicely, but it would be great if some veteran Tank Commanders could cast a critical eye over my list to see if I've made any silly mistakes. Things I'm concerned about -

mis-matched weaponry..e.g. HWT, special weaponry, and Chimera fit-out on the AF Squads.

is EA worth it on the Sentinels?

HQ
(Company Command Tank - BS4)
Executioner w/ Hull Lascannon, Sponson HB's, SL's, EA, RTM's, H/Stubber

ELITE
(Commissar Tank - BS4)
Vanquisher w/ Hull Lascannon, Sponson HB's, SL's, EA, RTM

(AF Platoon Command)
Officer w/ standard gear
HWT: M/L
2 GL's
Chimera w/ M/Laser, Hull HB, SL's, EA, RTM, H/Stubber, S/light

(Squadron Command)
Exterminator w/ Hull Lascannon, Sponson HB's, SL's, EA, RTM

TROOPS
2 x Leman Russes w/ Hull HB, Sponson HB's, SL's, EA, RTM

2 x AF Squads
HWT: Mortar
1 Meltagun
Chimera w/ M/Laser, Hull HF, SL's, EA, RTM, H/Stubber, S/light

2 x AF Squads
HWT: Autocannon
1 Plasma Gun
Chimera w/ Autocannon, Hull HB, SL's, EA, RTM, H/Stubber, S/light

FAST ATTACK
Squadron of 3 Sentinels w/ M/Laser, EA

Squadron of 2 Sentinels w/ Autocannon, EA

Squadron of 3 Support Sentinels
2 w/ ML, EA
1 w/ MRP, EA

HEAVY SUPPORT
(Siege Tank)
Demolisher w/ Hull Lascannon, Sponson Plasma Cannons, SL's, EA, RTM

Destroyer Tank Hunter w/ RTM, EA, Camo Netting

(Artillery Support)
Basilisk w/ Indirect fire, Hull HB, SL's, EA, RTM, H/Stubber

2997 pts.

I know the Bassie is waaaay over blinged up...I made it when I was young and stupid, but it's wysiwyg so....

one thought I had was to replace the Bassie with a Hellhound...similar points. I could then make a separate Artillery Squadron of Bassies...

I would love some feedback Guys as I'm still putting models together and I'm still waiting for FW Engine Filters and a couple of the modified Turrets, so I can make any modifications necessary.

Cheers!
Just wait for the REAL Apocalypse.
Then you'll see SHOCK & AWE.
Amen!
HOBO
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

Postby killmaimburn » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:55 pm

What kind of assets do you think you'll take, do any of these things form into datasheets? (the sentinals are screaming out for a homebrew if there isn't one)

I'm sorry I know nothing whatsoever about armoured companies..
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby HOBO » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:22 am

In our Apoc games we make as much use of CoD assets as we do Apoc ones, and I haven't put any thought into a Datasheet for the Sentinels at all, and really the main reason I'm having that many is because they're cool minis and they look great on our board, but also because I don't feel like painting Stormtroopers which are FA slots in the AB list.

I would love some feedback on the AF Squads composition as I want to build them for optimum efficiency.

Thanks guys!
Just wait for the REAL Apocalypse.
Then you'll see SHOCK & AWE.
Amen!
HOBO
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

Postby Spack » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:10 am

I personally haven't used the Armoured Battlegroup list, I tend to use the Armoured Companies list instead, but I have face AB lists a few times.

First up, sponson heavy bolters - in 5th edition they're little use now, as they are no longer defensive weapons so you'll rarely use them. You really don't want to keep still so you can fire all weapons, and on tanks with Ordnance main weapons you won't be able to fire them anyway except maybe as a last ditch anti-infantry measure. But if there's nothing else to spend the points on, then they're cheap ablative armour to help cope with weapon destroyed results.

Given the reliance on mobility, I tend to take Track Guards on some vehicles - Hellhounds and Demolishers especially as these need to be mobile.

On the sentinels, unfortunately Support Sentinels are not an option - they cannot be used in an Armoured Battlegroup list. In the GW/FW Rulings forum I have at least 1 email from FW stating that the AB list does not count as an "Imperial Guard army", only Codex: Imperial Guard lists does. The IA lists are entirely self contained. Then again, as this is Apocalypse then it shouldn't be a problem as they're just taken from the IA3 book anyway outside of the AB FOC :)

With the AF squads I wouldn't mix HW and assault weapons - go with one or the other. The HW can't be fired if you move, and the other weapons have fairly short range, so you want to try and equip them for a single role. I'd also suggest looking at flamers - they are great for taking down units in armies, especially those that have high armour saves; Orks, Nids, and Guards die in droves to flamers :)

If I think of anything else I'll post another reply :)
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Medals: 2
Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Return to 40K Army Lists

Social Links