Login

Username:

Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Someone elses project log (latest WD demons vs guard batrep)

For members to post long running threads about projects they are working on

Postby killmaimburn » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:42 pm

Its the conversion beamer (meant to fit on a dreadnought) from operation dreadnought add on from space crusade..I'm very very slowly massacreing all its contents :)
Last edited by killmaimburn on Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby mattjgilbert » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:55 pm

ooooh, I might have one of those. I'll have to check :)
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby Angelwing » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:59 pm

Is that the Emperors personal cherubim gracing the battlefield in picture 1?
Angelwing
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

Medals: 17
Gold (5) Silver (1) Painting Entrant (11)

Postby ruffian4 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:10 pm

Errrrrr!
Pecisely which entity is it that seems to be deleting my posts???
killmaimburn wrote:If this is a masked ball, then the other bits of him are off spiking the teachers punch.

DEATH WATCH DEATH RATTLE DEATHS DOOR AINT I DIED ENOUGH BEFORE?
ruffian4
4th dan imbecile
Sorceror

Postby killmaimburn » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:01 pm

ruffian4 wrote:Pecisely which entity is it that seems to be deleting my posts???
Not me your highness, did you find out who did though? was it all sorted out by PM.. if it was generally clean try posting it again :evil5
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby killmaimburn » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:14 pm

Wotcha folks.. time turns the fire burns and all that.. Got a nice long stretch of free time before the mrs returns to work .. but still have most things under control=s painting time.. I just wish I could get half my imagination controlled at the end of the paintbrush..dammit anyway the theme for today is
HALP ME!!
I'm making a few homebrew demons to fit my themes, and I could do with some assistance (I just seem to be crap at left arms..I guess it just hope it will fit or something so first

My Bluescribes
Basic bits
Totally FUBAR free form arm
WIP
Skink head bursting from pages of a book for head (book head carebears :lol: ).. and a right arm that both holds and is writing on a scroll
Left arm.. I have the a)fubar B) the guard arm with tassle, c) the skaven arm with pole, with either 1) 2nd scroll or 2)lots of small parchments D) Other
So far I'm thinking it might have to be C2 but any ideas opinions, or stuff I might not have thought of is very welcome

2 Epidimus (that fox from labyrinth and also something scrotum related) I'm going for a babayaga (house on chicken legs) kind of thing that will fit with my plague bearers (plague monks pic below)
So far I've got this as a potential setup (heroquest throne with replacement bits made from plasticard, with a deathguard icon on its back, front to be covered up by the model)
I'm gonna hit a wall fairly soon though.. I can't get legs to visualise well sitting on a throne.. (might give him diminuitive legs and thats why he's carried or something)

Techmarine has been based (and I joke added the mech icon stuff)
Done a basic start on the flamers I bought off taumaul, but I ran out of cool rainbow colours when I got to the face..Any ideas to sharpen \contrast or blend the greeny yellows into the red tongues appreciated
Plague monks/plague bearers are coming along nicely 6 done to basic standard (eyes and a few highlighting bits to do)
ImageImage
14 to do but now on back burner whilst I look at the dethcoptas 5 basecoated, bits gathered.. long bit before painting is going to be constucting crates (out of spru bars) for the acme "TNT" look, I'll have them hanging from hooks (from the chaos vehicle upgrade spru)
Last edited by killmaimburn on Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby ruffian4 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:14 pm

Ilike the flamers, they look like a ripple of changing colours on something chameleonic.
The red bit contrasts look good imo, ugly raw stuff changing into pastel pretties.

For epidemius legs, why not terminate his torso in a spaghetti of tendrils dolloping over the sides of babas palanquin?
Maybe a nid infestation marker as a start???
killmaimburn wrote:If this is a masked ball, then the other bits of him are off spiking the teachers punch.

DEATH WATCH DEATH RATTLE DEATHS DOOR AINT I DIED ENOUGH BEFORE?
ruffian4
4th dan imbecile
Sorceror

Postby mattjgilbert » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:19 pm

Agree C2 might be best

I like the epidemius no-legs and guts instead idea.

On the flamers, do you want it blended (in which base go yellow to orange to red) or just a hard contrast stop?
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby LordMalekTheRedKnight » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:46 pm

i'd go with C2 as well. also, shouldnt the Bluescribes have a quill of some sort to write with?

as to Epi, i have the bits to make Plaguelord Nurglitch, just without his giant rat that he normally rides, that i have been trying to sell for some time now (i bought him for the rat, 'cos GW stopped doing bitz orders :x).

go here, hover your cursor over the top left pic, and click SEE DETAIL. you can then zoom in - i have everything in that pic for sale barring the rat-steed (all the details around Nurglitch's feet are part of him - the steed is just the fur).

let me know if you are interested (compared to the GW price, i would be able to give you a real bargain :D).

EDIT: i took this pic a while ago which shows all the bits (he is lot # 10).

cheers :)

~ Tim
Last edited by LordMalekTheRedKnight on Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8O :D OMG - Im a Dad - of THREE!! :D 8O
:) I am "LMTRK" on The Wizards Community and MTG Salvation
LordMalekTheRedKnight
Lord Marmite
Lord General

Postby killmaimburn » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:46 am

Ok I've started assembly (although having seen that I won't be using them in feb .. I've ground the breaks into the floor and started back on my orks, I think my battlewagon will be a land raider with its roof off and a bog roll cellotaped in front of it :oops: :oops: )
Old one,just to freak out king, I brought this one with me last year.. He's a heavy bolter guy whose leaning against a wall.. having been dakkered to snot and having failed many many armour saves
Making a crate out of spru= hard
one bigbomm done

My draft APOC list will be these guys
Image Although I might swap the imrik dragon around for a khorne DP (better painted and modelled bought off ebay)
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby mattjgilbert » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:52 am

I like the big bomm. Will it have the ACME sign on it?
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby killmaimburn » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:17 am

Its low down on my priority list compared to painting the 5 deffcoptas plus other stuff.. but eventually yes.. I might get someone else to do the lettering
Last edited by killmaimburn on Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby mattjgilbert » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:18 am

Get a technical drawing pen :)
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby killmaimburn » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:20 am

You have a lot of faith in me.. I'm just as crap at hand writing as I am at painting.. i don't even have that professional slurring writing excuse.. it just looks like an 8 year old with anger issues (all pointy and sharp)
Last edited by killmaimburn on Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby mattjgilbert » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:26 am

Perfect for orks then ;) :P
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

PreviousNext

Return to Project Logs

Social Links