Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

BLOG: Fiefdoms Update

General discussion forum

BLOG: Fiefdoms Update

Postby jlong05 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:45 am

Just giving a note that I have posted some recent shots of some of my converted minis for my Fiefdoms army. Let me know here or on the Blog what you all think.

http://azwargamer.blogspot.com/

I know I haven't posted here before in this area, but I know there are some LotR players out there on the site and figured you all may like these models.
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.

jlong05
Master Jedi
Commander

Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Postby jlong05 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:07 am

Did another update on the Fiefdoms army. Hope you all like.

Also I just posted a review of a series of novels I have been reading.

http://azwargamer.blogspot.com/

jlong05
Master Jedi
Commander

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby killmaimburn » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:35 am

You make it sound good.
But did you think that the expansion from group of warriors with nerdy background playing a game (but for real) to geopolitical evolution/revolution and bringing our technology to theres, whilst being imbroiled in more than just a band of warriors was mission creep by the author.. had he just not got enough legs to make a trilogy where they carried on moving through dungeons.. or is it one of *those* inspiring sets where we are meant to by book 3.. realise that every fat comic book guy has the potential to be che guevara?
I know its a trolly loaded question.. do respond in like :)
I just got burned by so many like that and your review compells me to see if I get burned again. :lol:
Last edited by killmaimburn on Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby jlong05 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:05 pm

Honestly, you are a bit right yes. But the entire series is good. There are a couple points that get annoying, at least to me, but still it is good. I originally read it in my late teens and thought it was great. As a near 35 year old now, I still enjoyed re-reading it again.

Compared to other novels I own(Star Wars, 40k, etc..) it probably isn't among the 'best' but I would still give it a 3 out of 5 stars for the series. If I were to rate the books individually the first(The Sleeping Dragon) is by far and away the best(5 of 5 for me on it) the 2nd and 3rd are probably more 3 of 5 each.

I am getting ready to start the second series that was written(The Heroes) which is 2 more novels, and then there are a few other single books that never got compiled into a series, at least that I know of. I will be writting reviews of all of them as I finish each part. So stay tuned.

If you don't own the novels already, but can get them used for 'used' book prices I would say grab em up for a good quick read. If you can't get them cheaply though, they are not a ground-breaking novel set that is a must own at any price(Not like Abnets Gaunts Ghosts for instance ;) )

jlong05
Master Jedi
Commander

Painting Entrant (2)

Return to Lord of the Rings

Social Links