Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Khorne Daemon Log

For members to post long running threads about projects they are working on

Khorne Daemon Log

Postby KInG » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:03 pm

Got 4 and a bit weeks left to get my list finalised... made and painted.

At the moment I'm play testing this list:

It used to have 3 SGs in it and to give it some more shots I used to run 2 units of 3 flamers of Tztch.

The flamers were very hit and miss becoz I used to DS them right on top of the units I wanted to flame. They either scattered away, so not as effective, or they used to end up on the mishap table and either die, or end up being out of the game.

I tried the Crushers, and while not offering anything in the way of shots, were very hard to take down, and if played right could offer my army alot better saves. They themselves get 3+ Armour saves and my letters running in behind would then get a 4+ cover save.

The hounds are still undecided. While offering the opportunity to move quickly and tie up a unit about to blow one of my B'letter units away, or offer them that increased cover save, they do tend to die quite quickly themselves. If i was to change anything it would be these I think, but for what... (me thinking this should have maybe been an army list forum thread; anyways... maybe we can develop the list as I make it and paint it.)...

Maybe for the 3rd SG again, to give them all important shots. But for that I would have to loose one of the 4 Crushers also. Or maybe another Crusher unit of 3?

Then we get to tictacs. What half comes down 1st (or tries to come down 1st). Does it depend on ur opponent? Or should I just stick to a given forumula? Need help on that one, coz I keep swapping and changing.

As for the painting of them, they have been sprayed black, and then sprayed with a Vajello airbrush red, not too sure what colour, but fairly dark red. I then wash them, well the one I've experiemented on I did, wash it, and then trybrushed it with blood red. I then washed the back and front thights with black, then dry brushed lightly a yellow to pick out the spots on its back and thighs. After that I blackend out the horns and swords again, ready for some more base colours in those areas.

No idea how to paint the swords, and if someone can show me a good horn painting tutorial or just tell me, I would appreciate that alot... thx.
Last edited by KInG on Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Postby killmaimburn » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:14 am

Its fluffy as anything, but could be so much stronger.
Fiends= better in every way than hounds, especially if your not taking karanak. (they don't have furious charge because they ALWAYS have +1 int and +1 str..Pretending they are 2 hounds merged into one.. they still have 1 more base attack (and the same number on the charge) they also have rending and hit and run.. Compared to the flesh hounds who have...a 2+ against psychic powers (so the libby shoots something else.) points left.. buy might for stacking.
The blood crushers are your ork meganobz.. you can minimise and spread wounds.. they are also one of the only elites that can take an icon if you want.. this weekend I took Icon, rending, instument and redshirt (basic).. Meant that I could shrug off a lot of wounds and stack a lot of ap2. (Costs you 40 if you include the icon (which can be handy anyway), but only 15 if you take the wastes of points to dump the first wounds on)
Swords- Khorne loves brass stuff?
Deployment order.. Tricky its all assualt.. you really want a mix of shooty and assualty varied to your oppnonent and table with back ups..mono god isn't going to give you that much variety. Crusher with icon in first wave..a soul grinder.. (doesn't matter if scatters firemagnets and tries to plug a scary tank (as if) and 3 units of bloodletters?
I really don't see the list doing much against all comers with mass fire or high AV turtles.What have you done about that before? If i brought out my 120 first turn shots for 1460 would you hurt it? Or my mass shooty + nullzone where every hit hurts you twice as much.

heres your list and batrep thread from yesteryear btw http://www.ageofstrife.com/modules.php? ... pic&t=2924
I think demons are weaker.
Last edited by killmaimburn on Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Ljundhammer » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:22 am

I hate fighting khorne daemons with DeathWing - they excel at taking out Terminators.

That said, I fear flamers more. Both in a list is just evil.

My brother took a similar list (more letters, some flamers, no blood crushers) to Heat 3. His luck deserted him & he got annihilated - I think he only hit on the scatter dice about 10 times over 6 games. He was a very sad bear!

To my eyes, there are better lists to take to a GT, anything that takes the luck element out of a game makes a better army - daemons just mean you are fighting the dice the whole time if it goes wrong.

I would still struggle against that army though :(
When in deadly danger
When beset by doubt
Run in little circles
Wave your arms and shout
- parody of the litany of command
Ljundhammer
Brother-Captain
Brother-Captain

Postby KInG » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:41 am

buy might for stacking?

tanks are easy prey to the soul grinders. and if there's a raider or two, that's the job for my bloodthirster.

the thing about the list is u have to be bold with the DS, but ur right the success of the list is definately in Khorne's hands ;)
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby killmaimburn » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:49 am

With fiends you'll have less models, more wounds.. more wound wrapping.. they are identical.. taking the 10 point upgrade of making one str 6 (not bad in itself) also adds a complex group so you can spread wounds (like cheesy ork nobs) and stack damage (like cheesy ork nobz)
Don't fight the ork codex.. become like it.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby KInG » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:54 am

lol, yes the fiends are better, I know that, but... they ain't fluffy.

I guessi could paint them red, at least that way they would look fluffy. :)
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby killmaimburn » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:10 am

Could you find a big ass fantasy cavalry beast and call it a fiend that looks more khorney?
James agreed with me that khorne should not be less brutally CC than sexually questioned squid anthropods..So to quote lord malek "the codex is wrong"
our fluff is right..
fiends of khorne.
?????
profit :P
Last edited by killmaimburn on Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby KInG » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:54 pm

Fiends of Khorne, lol, I like it.

Ok what could I use for them, can we maybe get some suggestions guys?
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby Ljundhammer » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:38 pm

KInG wrote:Fiends of Khorne, lol, I like it.

Ok what could I use for them, can we maybe get some suggestions guys?

ZOATS!

Or Chaos warhounds from fantasy, or dire wolves from vampire counts look good...
Ljundhammer
Brother-Captain
Brother-Captain

Postby KInG » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:52 pm

eed pictures :) and wtf is a zoat?
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby estarriol » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:53 pm

Wargs from the LOTR range might work, with there Hyena looks.
--
estarriol

See my buildings at: www.templebuilder.wordpress.com

Home of 6mm Miniatures and offbeat 28mm Fantasy goodness: www.rapierminiatures.co.uk
estarriol
Mad Dok
Mad Dok

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby KInG » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:55 pm

estarriol wrote:Wargs from the LOTR range might work, with there Hyena looks.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_Cus ... 45x319.jpg

thx estarriol, it's not bad, but are there anymore?
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby estarriol » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:13 pm

There is a plastic box set of them.

http://www.gamingfigures.com/viewProduc ... oduct=2800

That pic is the boss metal.
--
estarriol

See my buildings at: www.templebuilder.wordpress.com

Home of 6mm Miniatures and offbeat 28mm Fantasy goodness: www.rapierminiatures.co.uk
estarriol
Mad Dok
Mad Dok

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Taumaul » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:45 pm

Use Tau Krootox Nige, they look very daemonesque. :D
Taumaul
GamingFigures
Warlord

Postby KInG » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:39 am

no thanks Gav, i'll leave that one for ur ork bikers!! 8O

6 in a box, not bad. Has no one else any ideas on what to use?
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Next

Return to Project Logs

Social Links