Login

Username:

Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Post AOS Feb'09 Meetup

For event announcements to be shown in the recent news on the forum home page.

Post AOS Feb'09 Meetup

Postby KInG » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:49 pm

Thanks to all the guys who turned up and made the weekend very enjoyable. :)

Thanks to the guys who tried to make it but weren't able to make it for whatever reason, u missed a good event unfortunately. :(

Thanks to Toby for letting me beat his 'nasty' double lash list on Sunday... that was by far my favourite game... & that's 1 each my good man.. decider at AOS Aug'09 meetup ;)

As for our little chat bout what to expect at the coming GT, I've decided on taking my fluffy Khorne Daemon list for some serious game spoiling... Orks just hate been beaten at their own game!! It's time to put the SM away,coz it's IG next anyways - wohooo!! ;)
Last edited by KInG on Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Re: Post AOS Feb'09 Meetup

Postby WolflordHavoc » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:16 am

KInG wrote:It's time to put the SM away,coz it's IG next anyways - wohooo!! ;)

Once you go Guard - you never go back 8)

Yes Cheers everyone

My Best game was obviously my Vraxians and Matts Ultra Marines trading insults and fire with Spacks Tank Korp (or as Matt put it "Forge Worlds Spring catalogue") and Alex's eldar - in our 8000 a side + a Titan Apoc Game and beating them.

There was a line of dead Guard tanks - in fact only three of Dans Tanks, out of 18 (IIRC) was not dead or immobilised!!!

Funniest moments of the 3 days

Surrounding one of Tims 'Plague Zombies with 10 'Generic Deamons' and 5 Khorne Berserkers and rolling 36 attacks and not killing it!

And Alex and I knocking on a Certain individuals door at 1 am Sunday morning in order to discover 'why' he had left his Dark Angel Army in the Hotel Hall way? We did think about nickin it and selling it on Ebay but we didn't think we would get very much for it.
WolflordHavoc
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

Postby Spack » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:40 am

I had 23 tanks (including artillery), of which 12 were not dead or immobilised (yes, 12, it astounded me too considering the centre of the board was plastered with tanks marked with flames or immobilised counters). 3 of those had no turret weapons left though, 3 were artillery hiding behind a building, and 2 weren't even shot at the entire game :)

I might get a dice shaker, I'm sure there must be something wrong with my hands and that contact with dice causes them to roll low :(

Thanks for the game though, it was good fun. :D
Last edited by Spack on Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby KInG » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:04 am

i would have bought that DA army on ebay John :(
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby killmaimburn » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:17 am

For those of you unsure as to why only a few folks show up in the pictures ( due to the credit crunch/employers being arsey, personal probs and the ice..we were at least 10 less than we thought on the day.. still had some darned fine games.. but it was scary looking outside)
As always click on thumbnails to see fullscreens

King vs Ljundhammer 4000 points each
Armylists can be found here http://www.ageofstrife.com/modules.php? ... 0135#30135
Everything had to walk on turn one, this is just about the end of the movement phase
A dice roller was needed, The board was lush
Image Image
Dark angel bike wants a cover save for the assassins pony tail,King wants the model back
Image Image
Near the end.. surprisingly the 2 guard lasscannons and one LR couldn't smack down the multilple iron clads and 5 landraiders.. ho hum

Big apoc game.. I backed out, it had gone from 8 people down to 5 (now 4) and we didn't announce stuff I got lazy + couldn't be bothered to rewrite my list again from its original 3000 up to the now 6000 ..So final battle to decide who was most awesome was BDA and Spack vs Matt and Wolflord havoc.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image I didn't pay much attention.. I heard that after certain assets were advised against..Near identical ones were taken..I heard that 20 leman russ failed to wound more than 5 guardsmen.. Mr6 said at one point "whats the point of infantry in this game" and I had to tell him that they are meant to hold objectives but in this game it had been houseruled that anyone could..so I didn't know.There seems to be less big things on the table at the end :)

BDA fought wolflord havoc to start the day off.. Wolflord took a vrax list, BDA took eldarzilla (3 wraithlords avatar and a heap of other stuff) both armies very nicely painted and shiny.
Image Image

BDA and Zipper-fish had what looked like a fun game
Image Image

Heres a set of the day that the inquistion (Ljundhammer) Beat Mr6s evil eldar,, and next door is a big table of all of kings lot in what appears to be Orks and orks vs chaos and smurfs.
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Ljundhammer having been too nice to king, decided to whip out his GT list on Simon with the bowel emanations.LH pawZZorr3d like their was no tommorrow.
Image Image Image

MR6 and ljundhammer had several games (1 in which eldrad+ stuff killed the termies by turn 2, 1 In which LHs inquisition Killed the advancing eldar..as the eldar fell over themselves.) the 3rd game MR6 finally revealed his secret army he's been building up on the quiet (apart from trying to buy 12 darklance dark eldar transports) he's gone sisters.I believe Mr6 won, though it was only LHs first time with the new smurfs and he said afterwards he didn't like the codex.
Image Image

I took a bunch of pictures of matt vs taumaul (partially because I forgot to take any pictures whilst I played them so this might provide you with some frames of reference) Matt had got out a list ready to face someone else (like I did in my game vs taumaul) and it just didn't click. (misses and not enough shots to make the misses not important etc).
luckiest lootas alive +battlewagon advance of doom
ImageImage
meganobz charge,meganobz walk through burning embers to charge again
ImageImage

Mr6 played wolflord havoc.. It appears Mr6 took his hundreds of low AP shots a turn list against a rather fluffy khorne list..Although I heard generally good things afterwards..

BATTLE LOGS AND OTHER STUFF TO FOLLOW IN A WHILE. (talk among yourselves for a bit :)
Last edited by killmaimburn on Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:37 am, edited 6 times in total.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby killmaimburn » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:25 pm

OK one sided bat reps, please retort/slap me down and correct me where ever you think its necessary
6th febuary, Day 1.
Dragons tear’s lot arrive, I arrive a bit late (lily had painted my hands bright red)
I get there, a few quick hellos and then straight to gaming with MATT, roll for lists. I roll matts

Vindicator
Predator + HBs
10 x Dev squad with 4 HBs
2 Attack bikes with MM
5 bikes with melta, PG and serg with pwr wpn
10 x tac + HB, MG + PF (+razorback)
10 x tac + LC, MG + PF (+razorback)
Captain, SB, relic blade, melta bombs.
Speeder, HB and Flamer.

He rolls my Sh1% list (I advise he might prefer something else.. his group say he’s tried it and don’t see it as too hard.)
So game on,
Dawn of war killpoints I go first. (I put down 2 lasplas troop choices and a lash and announce the plague marines will drive on as reserves) He puts down nothing, so I have no targets.
Turn 1 I walk on all my stuff princes defiler 2 oblits on left and spare CSM squad, 2 oblits on right.

His, his bike squads boost up the far flank, (gainging invulnerable) his razorbacks trundle on (popping smoke rather than firing, with passengers – to try to prevent lash.) vindie trundles on behind trees.
(then it’s a bit of a blur)
Lash princes go up the left flank with defiler. Whilst las support pops razorbacks giving me the assaults I need for cover and extra movement. His heavy bolter squad sets up in woods and survives an incredible amount of shots (but also does relatively little damage back (partially because we all forgot about the signum). His bikes turn out to be indestructible for a couple of turns.. but likewise my obliterators who over a few turns pass 3 invulnerables (making his destruction of my weaker flank slow enough that I’ve pretty much encircled him). The oblits on the right drop, plague marines and rhino come on to support the 2 blokes remaining from the tactical squad.. kill the bikes and speeder.. unfortunately also killing my tarpit lone tactical guy who was holding up his multimelta bike.. (so in one move I’ve killed a speeder, denied myself a multiple assault, given him a killpoint, and freed up his multimelta to blap me next turn….whoops (day after I can think of this as the silliest that games got )
But my princes and defiler are now in his wedge eating his 5 man las, his heavy bolter devs etc..
He has the vindicator, but my 2 embedded las, and 2 fresh oblits take that out..
The game ends somewhere around there,I found it pleasant (and matt is a very nice player) I think my list kind of ate him though.
Man of match, the 2 oblits that just completely stalled the advance on my right flank.

Game 2 Friday Antubis
Lord mark of tzentch, demon weapon bike icon.
Winged Demon prince with gift of chaos, bolt of change
10 beskers in a rhino with an icon,
10 thousand sons (sorcerer doombolt)
6(?) noise marines with noise weapons and blast master
5 termies in maximum diversity config (twin claws, 1 chainfist, 1 heavy flamer, 1 combi flamer)
1 obliterator
1 defiler.

Vs my ‘almost’ pure tzeentch (about as fluffy as I get)
Winged Prince with wind of chaos and mark of tzeentch
Winged Prince with bolt of change and mark of tzeentch
5+11ksons (doombolt)
5+11ksons (doombolt)
4+11ksons (doombolt)
4+11ksons (doombolt)
2 Obliterators
Defiler with 2 close combat weapons
Vindicator.

Dawn of war Killpoints. (again)-I think he won the dice roll and said I should go first I can’t remember.
I set up 2 Thousand son squads and BOC prince in block
He sets up beserkers close to midpoint (mostly behind woods) in rhino + lord on far flank
My oblits walk on and pop his rhino. Beserkers get out an kick the flat wheels in anger.

Gets a bit fast
His lord comes up close to demonbomb me with oblit and termies..He thinks I will use my BOC demon pricne to go after him (also landing in difficult terrain)..Instead I send him after the beserkers and open up my vindie and guns on the lord (I think I instant kill him.
My tight wedge of troops advances as a block. Covering each other.
Antubis tries to encircle me (I suggest he might have too few units)
With his primary fast icons out of the picture the obliterato lands on a hill to provide long range support. The Termies come down though not perfectly..he runs 5 inches to a good position. (I have very little that can hurt them.. my vindie is 3 woods in the other direction.
His demon prince gets irate.. takes out my wounded demon prince, immobilises and weapon destroyeds my vindie, and then makes his way round to the rear of my defiler which he kills.. He is then dakka’d to death by 11 rather fluky ap3 bolter like shots from my 30pt per model gribblies.
I’ve immobilised his defiler and I’ve spread out..so it just keeps chucking out pie plates wildly..
I send my oblits and 2 full thousand son squads after the termies.. I managed to take out 2 of the 5 before assaulting. (somewhere in the middle of it I remind him he hasn’t shot with them.. so he gets to shoot. But I’m a bit mean I don’t let him also go back and move them too) Tarpitty combat ends with me have 4 thousands sons left (1 whole squad dead) the oblits didn’t go into the combat.. The middle of my block still maintains a good fire arc and is massacring the noise marines stood proudly on the hill in a very strange war of attrition.
My second demon prince is *just* beating antubis’ thousand sons in close combat (I think) I think that ones fairly narrow but I scrape by can’t remember.
My obliterators now free from worry of the termies shoot his obliterator with 2 lascannons, mr Obliterator goes poof.
Antubis’ last turn his remaining guns want to shoot their AP3 at 4 wounds of 2+ oblits, but I point out that the 2 thousand sons stood in the middle are a much easier killpoint if he believes the game will end on this turn. He takes the shot earns another kill point. Game ends I think it was 7-6 in my favour.. but I wouldn’t have been able to call it turn 3 and 4 at all.
Man of match Antubis’ demon prince.. it just had to get slapped a few times and suddenly it ate half my army.
Friday ends with my wife buying me too much beer and the dragons tears lot being fairly polite as I ramble life history at them.

Saturday bear with sore head (I carried on with evil kebabs and beer on the way home fortunately some foul smelling local created a food substance of full fried break fast (inc tommatos, mushrooms and black pudding) that you could eat while driving a car Image )

Taumaul also has a sore head.. from having to be near king for too long.I’d set up for a quick game vs ljundhammer whilst everyone arrived for apoc (etc) but everyone turned up before coffee was even the right temperature..so still enjoying memories of last years game I grab Taumaul and tell him he’s playing me (note I forgot to take any pictures so to get a feel for this..have a glance at his game vs matt).. I already have the army I was going to fight LH with out.. Its quarters and 3or 4 objectives.
I’m going first,so I set down.
2 assualt squads with fists behind trees,
3 dakka preds in wall
2 5 man las, 1x5 man melta in razorback, 1x5man + flamer in razorback.
He had 3 battlewagons (2 with boyz squads (1 with the mandatory kustom force field of 4+s for vehicles) and one with meganobz)
A bunch of grotz/grethcin type things for holding objectives,
A bunch of lootas in 4+
He then puts a huge bunch of orcs behind the battlewagons out of LOS.

I put down shrike + 10 man assault squad with fist..(directly in front of him)
He fails to seize the initiative.
My turn. Shrike advances
Dakka preds open up on lootas (24 shots..all lootas live)
Shirkes lot charge.. go after all 3 stationary battlewagons using krak fist and claws (which I don’t accept my opponents offer of rerolling to penetrates with..that would just be too rude)
One battle wagon wrecked disembarkation. One blows up (killing a few of the passangers and 4-5 of the blokes hidden behind it) and one is immobilised and stunned.
His turn 1 (yep)..His billion orks advance for a bit of payback and massacre shrike (but I take 4 -5 orks with me) his loootas kill 1 assualt marine
Becomes blurry
He advances on me I’m dumping lots of las on his meganobs. My dakka preds chew through one of the huge ork squads (What was 20 or so is now 4, big mek decides its time to join the other unit. Razorback on right takes a dangerous terrain thingy near to objective dumps passnengers who flame the gretchin (only 6 die sniffle)they charge me but I win combat and swweping advance them.
My predators get distracted by some outflanking deffcoptas who keep stunning them..So I turn turrets on one that is * only* immobilised..and shoot the snot out of them (it meant 2 of my preds were immobilised but they can still function.
I carry on lasscanoning the mega nobs (and trying to take 1 wound of the lootas – All game I fail 72 shots with heavy bolter like weaponry fails to injure 1 loota ..GAAAHHH!).
But fortunately that same weight of fire is hurting the meganobz.. My assault squads are dead now (I used them aggressively as a speed bump) he now has power klaw big mek a few mega nobz and a squad that’s still sat by his board edge.
My combat squad flamer guys sit on their laurels popping a few shots off at the power claw. Somewhere or other I killed ghazgull with his 7 powerfist attacks and 2+ invulnerable (I think it was just the 80 massed fire shots I think the las plinked off).
And its getting near the end.. I have one objective safe.. I’m running a lascanon squad out of cover to the middle objective.. I have a razorback contesting one on the far left where his boyz are doing their best to get a draw.. My mobile pred and other 5 man las are moving round and taking what shots they can..
And the game ends.. I didn’t quite get to the middle objective.. my support squads (tactical and pred) didn’t arrive at the far left but my razorback also didn’t pop and remains contesting whilst I hold the one on the right the Gretchen were meant to hold.. Win for the forces of shrikeness.
Break for lunch. (man of the match has to be the lootas they really did pass every single save from a mass fire portion of my army)

Game 2 Saturday. Lord maleks elder vs my untried and nooby demons .
Lord of change (imrik dragon, I’ll hopefully have his pimp stick done in time)
Bluescribes (scratch build from project log)
3 flamers
4 bloodcrushers (icon, rending, instrument, redshirt,)
5 fiends of slannessh
6 Bloodletters
6 plaguebearers with icon and instrument (it clicked that I shouldn’t give instruments to folks who are good at combat)—(skaven plague monks)
5 horrors 1 with bolt of change(undead magician leading horrors)
5 horrors 1 with bolt of change
5 horrors 1 with bolt of change
Having dropped all that I found I had enough points for
Soulgrinder with vomit, harvester and ++phlegm upgrade.
vS

Farseer #1 [140 pts]
Witchblade, Shuriken Pistol, Ghosthelm, Rune Armour, Spirit Stones, Runes of Warding, Guide, Fortune

Farseer #2 [163 pts]
Singing Spear, Shuriken Pistol, Ghosthelm, Rune Armour, Spirit Stones, Runes of Witnessing, Guide, Fortune, Doom

Guardian Defender Squad #1 [10 models + 1 Heavy Weapon Platform = 100 pts]
10 Guardians: Shuriken Catapults
Heavy Weapon Platform: Eldar Missile Launcher

Guardian Defender Squad #2 [20 models + 1 Heavy Weapon Platform = 220 pts]
19 Guardians: Shuriken Catapults
Heavy Weapon Platform: Starcannon
Warlock: Singing Spear, Shuiken Pistol, Rune Armour, Conceal

Guardian Defender Squad #3 [11 models + 1 Heavy Weapon Platform = 138 pts]
10 Guardians: Shuriken Catapults
Heavy Weapon Platform: Brightlance
Warlock: Singing Spear, Shuiken Pistol, Rune Armour

Dire Avenger Aspect Warrior Squad [6 Models = 104 pts]
Exarch: 2 Shuriken Catapults, Exarch Powers: Bladestorm
5 Dire Avengers: Avenger Shuriken Catapults

Guardian Jetbike Squadron [3 Models = 76 pts]
2 Jetbikes: Twin Linked Shuriken Catapults, Shuriken Pistol
1 Jetbike: Shuriken Cannon, Shuriken Pistol

Swooping Hawk Aspect Warrior Squad [5 Models = 137 pts]
Exarch: Lasblaster, Warrior Powers: Skyleap, Intercept
4 Swooping Hawks (84): Lasblasters
Plasma & Haywire Grenades, Swooping Hawk Grenade Pack, Swooping Hawk Wings

Dark Reaper Aspect Warrior Squad [5 Models = 237 pts]
Exarch: Tempest Launcher, Warrior Powers: Fast Shot & Crack Shot
4 Dark Reapers: Reaper Launchers

Support Weapon Battery [183 pts]
3 Support Weapon Platforms: 3 x D-Cannons
Warlock: Singing Spear, Shuiken Pistol, Rune Armour, Embolden

I make him go first, I get the portion of my army I want (the close assault stuff and big stuff) he sets up passed the middle (I point it out, he sets up in his own half)..He walks on, and in walking on loses a D-cannon (elder ain’t gracefull-chuckle..)

My soulgrinder scatters 10”s away from everything (boo) bloodletters scatter a little. Crushers hit (dead middle next to his big avengery squad in the middle). Fiends hit and shuffle up to his troops. (I shoot but his whole army has appallingly good rerollable cover saves)
Image Image
His turn something turns up bladestorms and then charges the fiends (he killed 4 wounds in shooting and the other 6 in close combat..that ain’t right) he massacres my bloodletters with shooty death only 2 left.
Gets blurry (have some randoms to illustrate it )
My lord of change shoots its heavy bolter and missile at the D-cannon things, then charges over 4 turns it LOSES COMBAT TO THEM, WTF???
Cheesiest rules moment of the weekend. LorD M bringing on a squad of guardians in a big conga line to stop his fleeing unit fleeing (yes we were looking at a 90 degree tangent up the board) Fortunately having broken the rule of cool he was struck down verily by the dice gods who made him run 12 off the board anyway.And the conga is flamerd to death.
Image Image
Bloodcrushers were awesome (passed 16 3+s I think)
Turn 4 my plaguebearers (incorrectly linked to the bluescribes) come down at last.. Lord M advises that making spawn/killpoints right now isn’t a good idea ., tactically true but meh..its my fun list.. whats it gonna do if its not going to do fun stuff.. 3 spawn later I pay for my fun as I have just handed him a draw from the teeth of victory (dang spawn)
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Man of match I guess has to technically be the farseer who tied up the lord of change for 9 combat phases and won..Accept that I just found him darned annoying… so I’ll say it was the D-cannon who fell over on his way to the pitch and stick my tongue out at the clumsy pointy eared freaks..
Day 2 over.. to bugmans to watch ljundhammer feel uneasy about being around people playing magic the gathering.He runs pretty quickly to somewhere else.

Day 3..Arrive early grab King.For the vendetta match (last year I slapped him senseless ) I’ve already booked in my silly hard list (dual lash plus commercial secrets) He is umming and arring about whether to use A) one of my own tough lists against me, his GT final list, or his old GT list..He goes with old GT list (pretty much after I’ve deployed :P ) its quarters and bases
I set up in a defensive J shape to optimise arc of fire,minimse soft spots for deepstrikers and generally double up my defences..
He sets up a 10 man squad on objective, 2 razorbacks blocking LOS to his termies and a few 5 man squads just sat doing nothing.
I start I open up with 7 Lascannons and only wreck the razorback on the 7th shot (that’s a shame I was hoping to purge the librarian termie squad early on and make it back to cover my arse from those dreads..)
Image Image Image
His turn 1, both ironclads land amongst me. (ouch) his flamer does nothing.. his melta hits but only shakes a possessed defiler.. (game on!!) he gates of infinity his termies away and into openish ground the other side of the table.
I foolishly give chase.. the hood neutralises one lash, (so I can’t charge them with both DPs) but the other grabs them and sticks them in front of 2 plasma cannon toting obliterators.. 12 wounds later the libby wounded and the cyclone are all that are left..
I’ve moved towards the closest threat dreadnought, twinlinked meltagun’d its arms off.. but its still there So my oblits charge it.
Image Image Image Image
To the left a moment of madness has me A) stick my fistless plague marines right in front of the fully functional dread to get a single melta shot off. B) retreat with the defiler for a battle cannon shot.(should have gone for the charge to take his extra dice off him). He’s still fully operational and now he’s pissed. (oh crap.
His turn 2..thinking all is not going his way King stalls (first 10 minutes of “oh crap oh crap oh crap” Then 5-10 minutes of “F%&*” “F^**”.. then we ring his daughter and sing happy birthday to her (no really you probably heard us)…If anyone was wondering why I only played one game to LHs 3 before lunch.. that’s it .. I found it pleasant though. He drop pods his 10 man MM squad near his own base (because I’ve spread out so far there is no where to land near my objective) His termies charge a demon prince (I kill the librarian and then shuffle off the mortal coil to the fist), his other squads (inc the new arrival tactical squad) all open fire on the other guy..then a tactical squad charges in (DP kills the tactical and struggles out with one wound left. His locked and armless Dread sits laughing at my inability to roll 5s to glance with my oblits. His free roaming one is mad as hell.. charges my defiler..batters it to death before it knows whats going on..and looks for something else to munch on (it can barely wait till the next assault phase).
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
My turn 3. I las the lone termie to death.. (using all the woods is a downside now..I can’t bring enough guns to bare on the dread and my MCs are too far away..poo) My DP moves up fails to lash but still charges the squad sat on the objective (this pulls them all off it and onto me mu ha ha ha)
I stick my plague marines in their rhino (remembering that T4/5 FNP means nothing to a dread) run away 2”s and melta gun through the hatch.. but a terrible tactical disaster has happened..I’ve half an inch out of double dice range..so it pings off (Ohhh nooooesss!)- (Hindsight= If I’d created a human wall with them..i could have bought another turn where he was too far from the base.. but I was way to cocky at this stage)
Plas and las that can turn their guns and shoot.. but it all bounces off its AV13 bonce..
Image Image Image
His turn 3. All his tacticals brake and run for his objective.. one over a burning sharp metal pit remnant of his razorback. (losing him 2 squad members in the process) very funny watching them all run. My Dp is struggling he only has 1 wound and basically 3 tactical squads around him,His armless dreads batteries run out and it falls over.. his mad as hell dreadnought charge a tactical squad.. That’s ok my poo list has many forms of counter assault its not just gunline it has the defiler for counter assault (dead) it has 30 attacks on the charge each(useless against AV) it has Krak grenades (but king reminds me that does nothing against AV13) I have my 2 demon princes (over extended their reach too soon and now probably dead).. and I have my oblits..I send them in after running the battery down of the other one.. and he instant kills them both before they can make their lumps of flesh into fists..(poo..well oh F^%& if I’m honest.)
Image Image Image
Speeds up.. he eats the tactical squad.. my demon prince goes down.. and I decide to use King-like LOS (so I plasma cannon him through a tanks treads).
I last ditch effort try to melta him again, and again fail.. my plasma runs out tries to get a rear shot (its clearly on the side)and 2 bolters try rapid firing him on his rear (don’t get the 6s required)..All to no avail. He charges closest to closest..Putting him sat on my objective with no way to kill him.. and with umming and arring about my mobility I can’t get over to his..King wins by 1 base to 0.
Image Image
Man of the match was the guy who jumped through the burning wreckage of his friends and wargear to get to the base (on principle that it cannot be the ironclad that ate a defiler 2 obliterators and 3 tactical squads)
Some of those dubious LOS moments for you
1) king said all his tacticals could see and shoot my DP, so 2) I sad I could see the hands of his Drop podded squad to shoot them.
Image Image
I know its long, King said I wouldn’t write it up cos I lost, that sounded like a dare.

Game 6 Combat patrol vs ljundhammer..nahh just kidding, having watched everyone eat for a few hours.. Kings game having lasted 3 hr plus as he ate his fingernails. I was spent.. and my prospective rides were getting itchy feet, So we left at the same time as most folks. (Getting home before the snow started falling again).

Tim asked if I could do CP at night, but I had to rather rudely cut him off when he mentioned where he was.(good 30 minutes in a car that worked on a sunny day not requiring gritters and not counting kids etc etc) Image
Last edited by killmaimburn on Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby AdrianG » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:10 pm

Good to see the pics... Am now really really really p****d with employer.
Also glad to hear everyone who made it, got to and from meet up safely :)
Collector of Space Wolves, and all round awful painter!

AdrianG's Gallery: http://www.ageofstrife.com/gallery/AdrianG
AdrianG
Apprentice Lurker (Still)
Captain

Postby Angelwing » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:43 pm

Great pics!

One note: MR6's war walkers. Which one has the legal base? Or is he just covering all bases (bad pun intended)? :)
Angelwing
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

Medals: 17
Gold (5) Silver (1) Painting Entrant (11)

Postby mattjgilbert » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:30 pm

killmaimburn wrote:He rolls my Sh1% list (I advise he might prefer something else.. his group say he’s tried it and don’t see it as too hard.)
I never said that! I said I'd played with a similar one twice and it had won both games! I knew it was a nasty list but that's what was rolled so that's what I played ;)
Last edited by mattjgilbert on Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby LordMalekTheRedKnight » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:52 pm

from what i could tell, we didnt run into any serious problems with the rules (or have any real disputes), but i have made this threadto discuss the rules issues that did come up. ive kicked the thread off with 2 from my own games, but please feel free to add your own.

for example, how were people playing Drop Pods shooting the turn they DS? or the footprint/doors?

cheers :)

~ Tim
8O :D OMG - Im a Dad - of THREE!! :D 8O
:) I am "LMTRK" on The Wizards Community and MTG Salvation
LordMalekTheRedKnight
Lord Marmite
Lord General

Postby killmaimburn » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:27 pm

Angelwing wrote:One note: MR6's war walkers. Which one has the legal base?
Depending on which picture your looking at they were probably trying to be penitent engines in disguise at the time.
4matt Might have attributed part of that comment from BDA as well or something..I'm fairly sure I heard something similar..But I was getting distracted by MR6 again (when I'm playing he's like loki dancing on my forehead) BDA came up at one point and said "so your in need of some soul stones for your princes" I couldn't work out whether that was a half conversation I didn't finish,a recomendation from someone else or something too..Cursed Mr6 and his anti my brain tactics.
LordMalekTheRedKnight wrote:for example, how were people playing Drop Pods shooting the turn they DS? or the footprint/doors?
KIng was playing them as we'd discussed here. they couldn't shoot(as he won't be able to at the GT) The doors dropped down didn't count for "hull", But when you landed you still had to have some reasonable chance of fitting a models base from a side wihout being within an inch of the enemy (succesful disembarkation.. I believe that meant they had to have just under 5"s (more than 4")as a non perfect diameter circle free which when we measured pod plus disembarkation meant he couldn't land successfully in my LZ.. so he choose elsewhere.. I did threaten to shoot through a wrecked pod (with true LOS).. He closed the door on me.. we laughed he opened it again..and my shots were needed elsewhere anyway.
Last edited by killmaimburn on Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby KInG » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:04 pm

I also noticed Toby rolled DT for walking over the doors. This seems to be still 'up in the air' as some of my opponents think that is right, and others have said, 'no need for that surely, they are designed to be ran on'.
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby conscriptboris » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:26 pm

hmm, looks like a good time had by all!

wish i cud have been there, however i will b for Aug, bday pressie to myself!

Elvis
conscriptboris
Elvis isnt Dead!
Commander

Medals: 1
Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby killmaimburn » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:31 pm

KInG wrote:I also noticed Toby rolled DT for walking over the doors.
they were oblits..I'd have rolled slow and purposefull anyway..Glad to see you took it as a gesture of my sportsmanship (its like free money :D )
We did miss you guys who didn't make it :D
Last edited by killmaimburn on Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby killmaimburn » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:00 am

I thought I'd mindlessly bump this back up so that folks could see the pics, as an advertisement and such (if someone wants to use the pics.. put them into a thread thats more appetising and make it an events/announcement thing they are welcome)
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Next

Return to Events

Social Links