Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Necromunda Outlanders

Discussion of anything 40K related

Necromunda Outlanders

Postby Ben » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:01 pm

I just picked up this boxed set. I naturally don't play Necromunda (not that I wouldn't if I had people to play against) but I wasn't sure what something like that is worth. I paid $3.50 for a still shrink wrapped box so I am not really out anything if I just use the terrain (it has some bulkheads and cardboard) but I didn't know if things like that boxed set have any value. There are some gang rules but I am sure they are online and there are no models.
Ben
High Lord of Terra
Brother-Captain

Re: Necromunda Outlanders

Postby LordMalekTheRedKnight » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:12 pm

originally this was £18-£20 IIRC. there is some scenery (watchtower, lift, other stuff), counters, and a book (nice big book with great pics and fluff, plus lots of interesting rules).

i dont know how much it goes for these days, but i know that if i had lost my copy (thankfully i havent!) and wanted to get back in the game, i would easily pay the original price if i had to (without that book you are stuck using the 6 basic gangs, which can get old fast).

in short, you got a real bargain IMO. 8O :D

have you checked ebay for comparitive item listings?

hope that helps :)

~ Tim
p.s. have you considered getting hold of the core rulebooks (Rulebook & Sourcebook IIRC), painting up some guardsmen etc as 2 gangs and trying to get people interested? its a very good game. 8)
8O :D OMG - Im a Dad - of THREE!! :D 8O
:) I am "LMTRK" on The Wizards Community and MTG Salvation
LordMalekTheRedKnight
Lord Marmite
Lord General

Postby timewizard » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:55 pm

If you're interested, the rules are still available here. There are some supplements on the same site as well.

TW
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Medals: 11
Gold Wreath (1) Gold (1) Silver Wreath (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Ben » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:00 pm

I have a couple of gangs. I have 10-12 Ratskins, a few Spyders, a gang box of the police guys, and the Redemptionists. I am not sure what all gangs are available, I just got some real cheap a year ago.

I was just saying that there weren't any models in the box.

I have kept it sealed just in case. I will keep my eyes open for other goodies.
Ben
High Lord of Terra
Brother-Captain

Postby Angelwing » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:10 pm

Still sealed for a piffling 3.50? Holy bargain batman!

In the box you have a rulebook, counters and the terrain. It's difficult getting hold of any decent original terrain. Keep hold of it for now. Ebay seems quite quiet, but sealed old boxsets go for quite a bit of cash now and again.
Angelwing
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

Medals: 17
Gold (5) Silver (1) Painting Entrant (11)

Return to 40K Discussion

Social Links