Merchandise

More Space Wolf rumour`s

News and rumours

More Space Wolf rumour`s

Postby Jimster » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:04 pm

Some very interesting rumour`s found on BOL`s
from french Games Day.

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2009/04/ ... es-ho.html

Don`t know how confirmed they are but i`ll take an armour 14 drednought any time.

Jim
Jimster
Chosen
Chosen

Postby killmaimburn » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:05 pm

See the original leak to help judge how valid it is
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194966 :)
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Jimster » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:13 pm

I did have a look but as with any leak a pinch of salt needed.
Still there are some that wont go away so you never know wot`s gonna be in the final cut.
I even heard a rumour about long fang`s getting assult cannon`s as an option.
Which seam`s a bit ludicruss but again a rumour!

Dont you reckon KMB???

Jim
Last edited by Jimster on Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimster
Chosen
Chosen

Postby killmaimburn » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:41 pm

I'm not keeping up with the details., but folks who know have known stuff for a fairly long time(brimstone was saying all those people painting their ultramarines, were going to be drybrushing them into space wolves.. pretty much straight after the smurfs hit the shelfs), that makes me think its one of those ones they've got sat on a shelf ready to throw out when required.(rather than the one weekend botch job codexs)
Asscannons in heavy infantry, funny..Not particularly horrible.. its main advantages are that it fires more shots at a higher strength than heavy bolters, but when you can't move and shoot that lessor range takes away a lot.. and very few people want to take non scoring non mobile infantry(i take 5 man 4 missile and the cries and gnashes in tacticas..oi ;))..it might be just what they need (especially if they cost a little more than heavy bolters but not as much as plasma cannons)
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby ruffian4 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:47 pm

There have been rumours of a "surpise" codex that may be quite soon...?
killmaimburn wrote:If this is a masked ball, then the other bits of him are off spiking the teachers punch.

DEATH WATCH DEATH RATTLE DEATHS DOOR AINT I DIED ENOUGH BEFORE?
ruffian4
4th dan imbecile
Sorceror

Postby killmaimburn » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:48 pm

I thought that one was the nids? (and that it was going to be one of the quick weekend written ones to fill the problems)- with a side issue of maybe space hulk
Brimstone wrote:Thanks to the fine folks at Warpshadow the premier Tyranid Website we have confirmed that these pictures are the plastic Trygon due out around the same time as the Tyranid codex.

then a whole chunk of stuff about whether its actually due out with planet strike..
i think based on guard having IA stuff. nids getting the trygon sounds plausible.
then squig said" I would love a new codex but i dont see it being out before late next year."
and brimstone said "I hope you enjoy surprises then."
By the waffle that will be the 3/4th quarter release. 2/3 quarter being space wolves.. and keeping to the 1 imperial 1 xeno rota (I think it all got shuffled again when DE turned out to be poo)

Its weird its like smoking, the guard codex is still new( not even retailed X # of units yet) and i'm looking at the next....and I still also want to keep stuff the same as well :roll:
Last edited by killmaimburn on Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:59 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby ruffian4 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:18 pm

Fair enough!
killmaimburn wrote:If this is a masked ball, then the other bits of him are off spiking the teachers punch.

DEATH WATCH DEATH RATTLE DEATHS DOOR AINT I DIED ENOUGH BEFORE?
ruffian4
4th dan imbecile
Sorceror

Postby AdrianG » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:49 pm

As a long time Space Wolf player, I really hope that these rumours are largely inaccurate.

A:-If drop pods are taken, the whole army must take them.
This one is kinda what SW have to do now. Nothing new about that. Personally I think it's a "rubbish" rule idea
B:-Bjorn the Fellhanded has AV14 on all sides, better stats.
I don't want a AV14 dreadnought... it's just too much armour.. And plays into the hands of the "we hate space wolves" muppets
C:-There is some mad Wulfen character, who has his own personal drop pod. He can choose who he fights in combat, like a challenge in WFB. No-one else can fight him apart from the person he's attacking, unless said model is killed, in which case his squad can then attack him.
Eh? That just sounds broken and wrong.
D:-All rules for Named Characters have been rebuffed - all of them can take terminator armour for +50 points. All Named Characters models are getting re-done, if not for the actual release then in subsequent releases.
For one thing the terminators costs are wrong.. the rest ?
E:-Any character can take terminator for 50pts, which includes weapons.
I really hope not, sounds a stupid idea/rule

I could go on and on, however luckily for you, I won't :)
My FIRST impression of this lot was it was "written" by a 14 year old. Some of the stuff is already in use, some of it is incorrectly costed and quite frankly "beardy"
IF it is in fact true, then I may have to actually sell my army..

Guess who's had a "rubbish" day at work? :D :D
Collector of Space Wolves, and all round awful painter!

AdrianG's Gallery: http://www.ageofstrife.com/gallery/AdrianG
AdrianG
Apprentice Lurker (Still)
Captain

Postby Baragash » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:09 pm

I have to agree, it sounds....unrealistic :)

If work actually eases up now the budget (version 25726562626) is done, I'll get off my behind and go and speak to Brimstone myself.
My Hobby Blog!
My Painting & Modelling Blog!
Gallery
"The Emperor is obviously not a dictator, he's a couch."
Starbuck: "Why can't we use the starboard launch bays?"
Engineer: "Because it's a gift shop!"
Baragash
Sorceror
Sorceror

Blog: View Blog (21)

Return to 40K News & Rumours

Social Links