Tactical Squad 90
7 Space Marines (flamer, Heavy Bolter) 48
1 Sergeant (Chainsword) Rhino 35

Elites

Terminator Squad 200
4 Terminators (1 x Chainfist, Flamer) 90
1 Sergeant

Assault Terminator Squad 200
4 Terminators (Lightening Claws) 1 Sergeant (Lightening Claws)

Fast Attack

Assault squad 100
9 Space Marines 90
1 Sergeant (MeltaBomb) 5

Heavy Support

Devastator Sq 90
5 SM, 3xMissile, 1xPlasma, 1xLascannon 121
1 Sergeant
Razorback 40

Total 1477

My battle plan idea:

Tactical Sqs in rhinos make a flanking move to create LOS block depending on landscape, tacticals deploy and maintain firebase.

Shrike and assault squad flank to the extreme using cover as much as possible making sure that cover is always available.

Terminators move up the centre with devastators and razorback giving supporting fire (devs protected from half of the board by Razorback) other terminator squad (assault) moves to other extreme flank.

So what you think?

Thanks

Elvis
conscriptboris
Elvis isnt Dead!
Commander

Medals: 1
Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby killmaimburn » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:14 pm

conscriptboris wrote:
Devastator Sq 90
5 SM, 3xMissile, 1xPlasma, 1xLascannon 121
1 Sergeant
Razorback 40

Eyes are bleeding, don't mix weapons in a dev squad.. and if possible consider avoiding a dev squad(according to the masses, rather than myself).
(also thats 5 heavy weapons, or a pistols on the signum, yuk.)
4 missiles and razorback would be 190 (a lot cheaper..) but its only for taking down skimmers/av 11 transports, elite meq (regular meq it won't get enough tactical points back for) or 4 templates into hordes..
If you want las consider autocannon with las sponson predator.
Use leftover points to put fist on the full assault squad, and or Fast attack melta :)
More when the sun comes up and I'm not so tired :)
Last edited by killmaimburn on Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby conscriptboris » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:58 pm

Hi,

well same as before KMB apart from Fast attack and heavy:

Fast Attack

Assault squad 100
9 Space Marines 90
1 Sergeant (Power Fist, Melta Bomb) 30

Heavy Support

Predator 60
Lascannon Sponsons, Hunter Killer 70

Vindicator 115

Total 1496
hows this for a list? similiar tactics as before, this time pred advances and fire supports termies, vindicator support.

Elvis
conscriptboris
Elvis isnt Dead!
Commander

Painting Entrant (1)

Postby mattjgilbert » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:18 pm

If you want lascannons, I think a better config for a pred is to keep the HBs on the sides and put the TL LC on top.
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby conscriptboris » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:22 pm

mattjgilbert wrote:If you want lascannons, I think a better config for a pred is to keep the HBs on the sides and put the TL LC on top.

Good idea and it saves me 35pts...what to spend that on now?

could bolster the tactical squads?

Elvis
conscriptboris
Elvis isnt Dead!
Commander

Painting Entrant (1)

Postby killmaimburn » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:18 am

Its not you know matt :D (well according to warseer folks and how I believe 5th works),

Las turret HB spons 105 1 anti moderate tank shot, or 7 anti infantry. If it loses las turret must switch to only anti infantry, (and with 5th ed most folks think heavy bolters< flamers and most other anti infantry stuff, due to cover and the sheer numbers hordes involve)..it also still has to stay stillif doing anything more than one anti tank shot (now)

Autocannon, las spons-120, 4 anti moderate tank shots,4 anti MC shots, 4Anti horde shots (oh dear that’s 3 less orks it kills a turn (I didn’t mathhamer the st7 vs str 5 comp I’m just being vague) Still effective at the loss of one weapon, must remain stationary.
The las H bolters only really advantage is the las being turret mounted for LOS. (but always remember if you don’t move you can pivot for free/no penalties (didn’t that used to be possible in the shooting phase)

I believe folks worked out it’s the cheapest possible way to take that much high strength shots in the smurf codex (not counting posioned weapons).. the problem is its still not dedicated anti tank (where as 3 MM attack bikes would be).. this is primarily an anti (demon,wraith, nid) ‘zilla’ unit, which if not facing them should go after armour 10-12 from a good setup near the back.

The only reason you don't see me take it because Mr6 only takes wraithzilla once every 5 months, and no one else round me does.
(Possibly me and LH should stand in WHW and just scream.. LASCANNONS ARE NO LONGER ANTI TANK.. it would make murphy proud if nothing else.. (I was shocked when someone ran the maths of the newly nerfed (T/L) ass can vs (T/L )las, and the ass can still came out on top (graphs near end of smurf tactica on warseer)
Last edited by killmaimburn on Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:23 am, edited 5 times in total.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby Ljundhammer » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:54 am

killmaimburn wrote:LASCANNONS ARE NO LONGER ANTI TANK

QFT

They are good at dropping transports, but other weapons are better. They are bunk at dropping big tanks, and fast melta is the way forward.
Ljundhammer
Brother-Captain
Brother-Captain

Postby killmaimburn » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:53 pm

conscriptboris wrote:
Tactical Squad 90

Tactical Squad 90

FFS, 3 minutes just to log on and then make my way back to this page for it to reload and get my curser to the end of the GAAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAH ..just to say..

Those squads are illegal..please read p134 of the codex, especially the bit about "if the squad numbers 10"

LAte edit (NOT a KMB, just making yours fit the boxes)
Shrike,
10 tactical, las cannon, melta, combi melta razorback-235 (must split las stays 5 man las.. melta squad goes tankhunting,moves 12 pops smoke, moves more dumps cargo of folks to shoot a big tank near objective then wanders around heavy boltering in enemy lines ).

10 tactical, missile flamer, combi flamer rhino-215 (can carry all, or split and dedicate role, missile anti transport..flamer squads are dedicated to getting units out of cover or removing swarms.. can fire from the tank if only moving 6 inchs, so against a massive horde perpetually move and flamer and pray, whilst dumping frag templates in from afar)
5 termies (study water warrior stuff..bloody tricky.see if LH can condense it into a page http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/inde ... try1161447 )
5 ass termies (get there sometime around turn3 good against most stuff but must avoid dreadnoughts and some MCs like the plague... run away run away if you see the wraithlords run away..)
10 man assault squad with fist,melta (shrike body guard first turn interference, try to cripple mobility first, 2 falcons, 3 vindies 3 ork battlewagons.. relies on first turn itus.. if not go for weak command structures HQ units, or forward units that will block enemy movement, try not to get it wiped out straight away.. but if point for point the scenario looks good (e.g. taking out 3 vindies and a tacical but 100% dying.. go for it)

las autocannon pred(MC, light vehicle)
Vindicator (support Anti horde, anti vehicle, when it loses its gun primary role is ramming and blocking vehicle lanes.)
1500 and legal.. but fairly tricky to play I got to say.. and will struggle against duel landraiders too

Will you be bringing this in summer, will you be joingin ljundhammers little tourny, if so I'll make up something different, us both taking shrike would be like turning up at ascot and us both having the same handbag :lol:

Even later edit- you could swap the 235 point squad for 10 man multimelta, melta combi melta power weapon drop pod if you wanted :) (going back a step)
Last edited by killmaimburn on Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby Ljundhammer » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:27 pm

killmaimburn wrote:5 termies (study water warrior stuff..bloody tricky.see if LH can condense it into a page

I can do better than that, how about 4 words:

Buy. More. Land. Raiders.

There you go :wink:
Ljundhammer
Brother-Captain
Brother-Captain

Postby killmaimburn » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:34 pm

But he has shrike?
Or would you suggest post 8 minus vanguard and fixing the pod would do him better .. basically its your last tourny list or a me fudge :P
Last edited by killmaimburn on Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby Ljundhammer » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:10 am

Honestly, you can't way of the water warrior space marines. It works with GKs and DW because they have hard as nails transports, and can move & shoot their basic weaponry 24", meaning that they always get more basic weapons shots than the opponent because they stay at 24" - that's pretty much how it works.

If the SMs start to play too defensively, they have to play static with counter assault. There isn't any point with SM, the entire codex appears to be based around fast anti-tank (in the FA section) anti-infantry tanks (in the HS section) and versatile troops. There are certain trick builds (Shrike; TH&SS Termies in a LR, DP Ironclads), but, in the main, as long as you don't cock-up your selections in HS and FA (or take too many to reduce your scoring units), then you are basically ok.
When in deadly danger
When beset by doubt
Run in little circles
Wave your arms and shout
- parody of the litany of command
Ljundhammer
Brother-Captain
Brother-Captain

Previous

Return to Project Logs

Social Links