Username:

Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Plague tower!!!

For members to post long running threads about projects they are working on

Postby ruffian4 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:17 pm

BadabingBadaboom wrote:This is the best model I have ever seen.

You're insane! :D Cheers though!

Antubis wrote:"Restricted 18" and be only useable in sex shops.

Ha ha ha!!!
Slaanesh does have a super heavy scout titan, the Subjugator (favourite image of spike heeled dominatrix in latex catsuit later and)...

"Thank-you mistress, please may I have another?"
(Back to the Velvet Underground again, KMB).

mattjgilbert wrote:The Slaanesh warmachines are great as they are easily packed away and transported, being inflatable like they are.

Bitz and inspiration from Ann Summers. 8O

Here's a data sheet for it.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_Cus ... ugator.pdf
Last edited by ruffian4 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
killmaimburn wrote:If this is a masked ball, then the other bits of him are off spiking the teachers punch.

DEATH WATCH DEATH RATTLE DEATHS DOOR AINT I DIED ENOUGH BEFORE?
ruffian4
4th dan imbecile
Sorceror

Postby BadabingBadaboom » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:45 pm

The zombie fishing for maggots is a great touch ruffian
BadabingBadaboom

Postby timewizard » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:47 pm

Finally back home and got a chance to check your work Ruffian!
1-Looks absolutely horrible! (And I mean that in the highest possible complimentary way!) :wink:
2-Where's the egg? :twisted:

A fantastic job! Would it be possible to enter it in the observation point competition? :idea: :?:

TW
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Medals: 11
Gold Wreath (1) Gold (1) Silver Wreath (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby ruffian4 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:07 pm

The egg devolved into a kind of...no more like...but slightly...
It has been reborn triumphantly as 7 stink bombs that I will let off in Aug, should that evil woman Angelwing destroy Dolly dearest.
You have been warned!

(those magotts are still horrible, even glued on, they squish about all over the place)

I need to do something with the flies though, they don't look quite right.

Else where in the plague cult...
Demo charges are appearing
A commissar lord is done (he looks like a cruel so and so)
Plague marine special weapons are evolving to the task at hand
A new rhino is sprayed (5.20, inc p+p from e-bay)
And poo monster reappears to the detriment of all...
killmaimburn wrote:If this is a masked ball, then the other bits of him are off spiking the teachers punch.

ruffian4
4th dan imbecile
Sorceror

Postby timewizard » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:23 pm

ruffian4 wrote: I need to do something with the flies though, they don't look quite right.

Put human heads on them like the movie "The Fly" with Vincent Price.
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Postby ruffian4 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:32 pm

"Help meeeee, help meeeee!"

If the lights ok tomorrow, I'll take a pic.
I think that the wings are too far back on the body/abdomen, though, having seen a cartoon earlier, they might be in the right place, but it doesn't look "aesthetically correct" if you see what I mean?

Of course, basing your opinion on cartoons is fraught with danger...

ruffian4
4th dan imbecile
Sorceror

Postby ruffian4 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:00 pm

mattjgilbert wrote:Anyway... great stuff ruffian. Any pictures showing off the whole model?

Cheers, Matt!
Here's a few pics, in an appropriate setting...

Plague tower (Imperial designation???????), rumbles through the ruins of the benedictus Imperat.

Kommander Karkass and Lord Kommissar Krule, lead the shambolic masses.

This traitor Russ, shows the horrific scale of the travesty.

It is believed that the elimination of the command structure, will lead to the dissipation of the despicable rabble...

ruffian4
4th dan imbecile
Sorceror

Postby mattjgilbert » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:02 pm

I think it's very impressive and wonderfully disgusting. It looks great next to the Russ!
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby ruffian4 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:03 pm

Typings gone wierd again.

Any suggestions, re an Imperial designation for the tower/plague cult as a whole/both???

Don't be nasty now!!!

ruffian4
4th dan imbecile
Sorceror

Postby ruffian4 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:21 am

Few final touches for the plague cult...

A chaos "Straken" to give me some options for the comp comm sec, a "tunnel pig", err I mean Goliath, err I mean Cyclops and a carapace medic.

The medic has fabius biles syringe full of lovely yellow stuff...
"Get up, you lazy so and so, no legs?"
SQIUDGE!
"That'll sort you out for half an hour or so (then you'll wish you were dead...technically, I suppose you are)!"

Re the Straken, I hoped the choice of head would let me get away with using this as a stealer cult boss too, but I think I'll get the same bits with a proper stealer head.
Btw, not sure if you can tell, but he has a marine commanders cloak and a scout shotgun in back slung holster.

Same question from above still open, any ideas?
Last edited by ruffian4 on Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

ruffian4
4th dan imbecile
Sorceror

Postby timewizard » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:55 am

ruffian4 wrote: Typings gone wierd again.

Any suggestions, re an Imperial designation for the tower/plague cult as a whole/both???

"The Pillar Of Pus" towed by and worshiped by the "Pilgrims of Pox Vobi-scum" aka the "Penitents of Pestilence".
Or "The Bleeding Tower of Nurgle" or even "The Erectile Maggot Missile" or...nah...can't do that one! 8)

ruffian4 wrote:Don't be nasty now!!!

Then what's the point? :twisted:

It does look great though! I have a feeling that it will have an august entrance into its first major battle! Looking forward to reading about the tower's debut sortie!

TW
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Postby Angelwing » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:12 am

timewizard wrote:
ruffian4 wrote:

It does look great though! I have a feeling that it will have an august entrance into its first major battle! Looking forward to reading about the tower's debut sortie!

TW

I've just read the datasheet for it. I may have some less savoury names for the tower when I'm scooping handfuls of models off the table... :cry:
Angelwing
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

Medals: 17
Gold (5) Silver (1) Painting Entrant (11)

Postby ruffian4 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:52 am

timewizard wrote: "Penitents of Pestilence".

Hmmm, like that!
I've hit the Latin translators and penitents = penetentiarus, but, rather disappointingly, pestilence = pestilence. :cry:

So, a slight regig (bad grammar though), "penetentiarus ferro tuli latum lues" (sort of) means "(the) penitents (that) carry plague/pestilence/calamity."
What thinkest though?

As far as Dolly goes, I'm thinking "Cursor aevum jurgium" which barely translates as "Carrier/bringer (of the) age (of) strife!"

I seem to recall that Latin has no "of", which seems odd.

timewizard wrote:It does look great though! I have a feeling that it will have an august entrance into its first major battle! Looking forward to reading about the tower's debut sortie!

Ooooh, very clever, Dolly will be august in August! :lol:

Angelwing wrote:I've just read the datasheet for it. I may have some less savoury names for the tower when I'm scooping handfuls of models off the table... :cry:

Yeah, been having a few thoughts re that, bit more later.
Last edited by ruffian4 on Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

ruffian4
4th dan imbecile
Sorceror

Postby timewizard » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:08 pm

ruffian4 wrote: So, a slight regig (bad grammar though), "penetentiarus ferro tuli latum lues" (sort of) means "(the) penitents (that) carry plague/pestilence/calamity."
What thinkest though?

Works for me, has a kind of secular ring to it. Right along the lines of, religion is here to save you, rught up to the point where it sucks the energy from your soul!
ruffian4 wrote:As far as Dolly goes, I'm thinking "Cursor aevum jurgium" which barely translates as "Carrier/bringer (of the) age (of) strife!"

That's good. There's also "addo splendidus morbus" which translates to "bringer of magnificent disease". Just a thought.
ruffian4 wrote:
timewizard wrote:It does look great though! I have a feeling that it will have an august entrance into its first major battle! Looking forward to reading about the tower's debut sortie!

Ooooh, very clever, Dolly will be august in August! :lol:

Thank you! I knew you would get it! :wink:
Will the final names be prominently displayed on appropriate banners? If so, the one on the tower should be mounted on chains so that it swings nicely in the fetid winds, distracting and striking fear into the hearts of the opponent armies!

TW
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Postby ruffian4 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:10 pm

timewizard wrote: There's also "addo splendidus morbus" which translates to "bringer of magnificent disease". Just a thought.

Do like that! Maybe I need an army banner...

If you're feeling creative, I have a dread and a defiler that have yet to recieve names!
So far I have rhino's rotian (old english for rot) and gul (arabic for ghoul), predator pus purus (pure pus if I remember) and land raider tempus est (I think you can figure that out!!!).

Angelwing wrote:I've just read the datasheet for it. I may have some less savoury names for the tower when I'm scooping handfuls of models off the table... :cry:

Well, we originally planned for 9000pnts, but it looks to be more like 6000 at the mo and the tower is looking like it may dominate too much.

I think there are a couple of ways to level things out a bit.
We could re-write the sheet and tone it down somewhat, or we could just use the tower as an objective in the game.

I don't mind either way, but the latter wouldn't have to be "theory balanced" and could even add to the plot.

How about something along the lines of a daemon hunter boarding action (brave souls!) that managed to damage it, but they succumbed to all manner of nastyness before they could destroy it?

The scenario could be kill points, 20 bonus kp for capturing the tower, 10 kp's each for capturing 2 holy relics left to keep the dormant tower in check?

How big are the apoc tables at whw???
Last edited by ruffian4 on Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ruffian4
4th dan imbecile
Sorceror

PreviousNext

Return to Project Logs

Social Links