Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

Homebrew 40 000

Discussion of anything 40K related

Homebrew 40 000

Postby Puddy » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:23 pm

Good Evening dear 40k:ers

I was thinking about an idea I came up with a few days ago (an idea that's probably been imagined many times before). The idea is that, within the community, create an IA-style pampflet/booklet adding new units to existing armies and add new options to existing units. Because I think, with strict guidelines, hard balancing work and alot of enthusiasm - we can get some pretty darn good results.

Since this requires alot of brainstorming, refining and ideas in general I would like to see the communitys response about what you think of the idea, the format and the content. A few basic guidelines that I think this project should follow when including units/options are:

- Quality over quantity
- Slightly too weak over slightly too strong
- New units must fill a function - fluffwise or game mechanically
- Careful choices of content
- Keep ridicilous suggestions like "x unit but fearless for +1p and with another name" far far away from this project.

The goal is to create a central source for homebrew units and options that without much hassle can be used in friendly games and with apoc. That the inclusion of a unit in this booklet will be a sort of seal of approval - balancewise. Here is an example of a unit I made a while back (it's an example, not going into the project).
Last edited by Puddy on Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Puddy

Postby Spack » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:33 pm

I think it's an interesting idea, and with the VDR and TDR (see links in the top right menu ;)) there is something to base the profiles on. I've also got access to Acrobat Pro so it's easy to get stuff PDF'd up, and of course I'd be happy to host the sheets/booklet here on the site.

Uh, where's your example?
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Medals: 2
Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby killmaimburn » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:46 pm

Cool idea, a codex based twin to the community project
You've already had a response from a fellow called Merceus over at warseer, handy fellow.
Wrote this for non vehicle unit design.
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b41/M ... %20Design/
(I saw his links in this thread http://warseer.com/forums/40k-general-d ... icles.html )
Any idea of the ballpark or are we all just brainstorming at the mo?
I'll go for a new MC dreadnought type thing for the thousand sons that is a psycher (I think I'm robbing this off lord blackfang though, I'll need to check before I progress :D )
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to 40K Discussion

Social Links