Login

Username:

Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

AoS meetup Feb 2010 UPDATED with hotel info

For event announcements to be shown in the recent news on the forum home page.

AoS meetup Feb 2010 UPDATED with hotel info

Postby mattjgilbert » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:30 pm

Details
  • 20th, 21st and 22nd February 2010 at Warhammer World, Nottingham
  • 8 tables booked for AoS on all 3 days
I’ve extended the booking into the Monday (couldn’t do the preceding Friday) as I for one would like to stay on if possible! Depending on numbers, I’ll reduce the number of tables we need on the Monday later on. We are flagged as desiring a single Apoc table but there is no guarantee we will get it so plan an Apoc game at your own risk (or assume use of 2 of the normal tables...)

Suggested hotel choices
Hylands Hotel on Queens Road West.
http://www.hylandshotel.co.uk/index.php

Single room with shared bathroom is £25 per night
Single room with en-suite is £39 per night except Sunday which is £30

All room bookings for known attendees have been made as per the list below

Current attendance list
Accomodation required
Matt (3 nights (Fri, Sat, Sun))
Jon (3 nights (Fri, Sat, Sun))
Baragash (2 nights (Sat, Sun))
Elvis (poss 4 nights (Fri, Sat, Sun + Mon)
K!nG (Nigel), Bane (Alan) and Typhus (Simon)(2 nights (Fri, Sat))
Red Devil (2 nights (Sat, Sun))
Herne and Pete (1 night (Sat))

No accomodation required
Toby
Stunty
Socaddict + 1 other.
Dan
ruffian4
Caspar
Stargod
Last edited by mattjgilbert on Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:32 pm, edited 7 times in total.
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Re: AoS meetup Feb 2010

Postby Baragash » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:55 pm

TBC on the Monday (and therefore Sunday night hotel) atm.
My Hobby Blog!
My Painting & Modelling Blog!
Gallery
"The Emperor is obviously not a dictator, he's a couch."
Starbuck: "Why can't we use the starboard launch bays?"
Engineer: "Because it's a gift shop!"
Baragash
Sorceror
Sorceror

Blog: View Blog (21)

Postby mattjgilbert » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:57 pm

I'll need to get myself an updated T-shirt! The one I have has the old AoS logo on it...

I think I'll bring my daemons this time (have brought the ultra's the last 2 times). That means I can also play WHFB too if anyone is up for that?

I may have to proxy sould grinders with defilers unless I have purchased some and got them assembled/painted in time of course...
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby KInG » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:50 pm

Matt, a gentleman called Matt also grabbed me at the Heat3 event. He was probing me :o

He waned to confirm some details as there are two other events on that weekend.

1) would we use/require the canteen that weekend - i said if it was open that we would more than likely use that over the bar meals option.... as the meals supplied at the heats are proper meals and good value for money.

2) was the 8 tables provisionally booked ok - I asked for atleast one Apoc table extra.

3) there was no mention of a Monday - I never knew we were looking at Mondays or Fridays at the time of being asked by them.

4) can they take contact details - well from memory I only had mine and Dan's to hand.

That was about it, so if I get sent anything I'll just reply and have them add you as the primary contact. Can u let me have ur email contact please and phone number (pm) thx mate.
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Postby mattjgilbert » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:54 pm

I spoke to WHW today to confirm our 8-table booking and I extended to the Monday. The original dates included a Friday but I couldn't get the one for that weekend (we've done Friday-Sunday previously).

The Apoc table I couldn't remember asking for but went with what the lady said... now I know who asked for it! We may or may not get one, hence the comment about it in the OP.

I assumed we were using the bar for meals as normal but we can do the canteen if it's available. Don't mind really.

Will pm my details to you.
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby KInG » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:44 pm

Atm I have a party of three, but that could be five and the nights are gonna be diff for one of the five to the other 4... confused... coz I am :|

Will keep you posted as things get confirmed. ;)
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby zipper-fish » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:42 am

Hi, count me in please, Firday & Sat nights defo, poss 3 depending on whats decieded with Mr King about the monday for sharing transport etc.

Cheers
Zipper
zipper-fish

Postby mattjgilbert » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:36 pm

Are you one of KInGs party of three or five he already mentioned?
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby Spack » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:43 pm

Looks like it's Saturday daytime only for me I'm afraid. I'll drive up early, and leave late though - but can't stay over as Carol works Sunday all day. I might see if I can get the Monday off work and come up again on the Monday maybe, but it depends on how much work I've got on. Shame it wasn't Fri to Sun as I could probably have done Fri+Sat with an overnighter, oh well ...

I'll hassle Slate, Cobby, Stu, Deadboy et al but I don't get down the club so haven't had much chance to talk to them except Slate, although from what I've heard they're playing Warmachine, Hordes, and D&D now and rarely play 40k/WFB.
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby Herne » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:15 pm

Spack wrote:I'll hassle Slate, Cobby, Stu, Deadboy et al but I don't get down the club so haven't had much chance to talk to them except Slate, although from what I've heard they're playing Warmachine, Hordes, and D&D now and rarely play 40k/WFB.

Nah - 40K sucks and WHFB is for losers! :D Actually we are still playing the main 2, but WM and Hordes are pretty central at the mo. 2 new chaps turned up at our club last night and I played a fellow (Rob's) Daemon army. Fateweaver, (horrid, horrid sticky thing - Plague bearers running around with re-roll saves, T5 and feel no pain! Hideous!) blood crushers, loadsa nurgle guys - all very nasty sitting next to a bloodthirster. Apparently he came 7th in GT heats with them. Fought to a draw on objectives - Best game of 40K i've played all year!

I'll have a chat about the dates in Feb with the lads and see if anyone is interested.
My Gallery: http://www.ageofstrife.com/gallery/Herne

Nightbringer wrote:I like Amy Winehouse` music, although she looks like a Whippet in a bin bag.... 8)
Herne
Occasional brush wielder
Sorceror

Medals: 10
Anvil's Hammer - 1st Place (1) Gold (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)

Postby KInG » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:23 pm

mattjgilbert wrote:Are you one of KInGs party of three or five he already mentioned?

he's one of the 5 actually Matt ;)
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby BANE » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:05 pm

Hi, new member after meeting up with the lads at heat 3. I would like to go for all 3 days if its open to everyone, Travel lodge is currently doing a deal on rooms for £9 a night between 1st Feb and 6th June, doesnt incl brekkie but might be worth a look.
BANE
Captain
Captain

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby KInG » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:16 pm

BANE wrote:Hi, new member after meeting up with the lads at heat 3. I would like to go for all 3 days if its open to everyone, Travel lodge is currently doing a deal on rooms for £9 a night between 1st Feb and 6th June, doesnt incl brekkie but might be worth a look.

beter make that 6 for my lot then Matt ;) Alan will travel with us.
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby Socaddict » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:53 pm

I should be coming, but might try and stay with a friend who lives in Nottingham instead.
Waaargh.
Orks project log here
Socaddict
Mekboy
Warlord

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby mattjgilbert » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:58 pm

Socaddict wrote:I should be coming, but might try and stay with a friend who lives in Nottingham instead.

Which days? And let me know if you need a room booking asap :)
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Next

Return to Events

Social Links