Login

Username:

Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

GT heat 3 news

For event announcements to be shown in the recent news on the forum home page.

Re: GT heat 3 news

Postby Baragash » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:51 am

Pretty sure that's a yes.
My Hobby Blog!
My Painting & Modelling Blog!
Gallery
"The Emperor is obviously not a dictator, he's a couch."
Starbuck: "Why can't we use the starboard launch bays?"
Engineer: "Because it's a gift shop!"
Baragash
Sorceror
Sorceror

Blog: View Blog (21)

Postby Daimyo52 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:54 am

there seemed to be a lot of Vendatta's / Valkyries about but there seemed to be a lot of dead ones as I wandered around the tables...........

Are they really worth taking or are the a bujllet magnet and an easy KP ?
Daimyo52

Postby LordMalekTheRedKnight » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:20 pm

Baragash wrote:Was looking at a the rules for another reason just now and realised that if you stop 1" away in the move phase, even a double 1 doesn't fail the assault. Kept having to roll for that at the weekend (didn't fail, but good to know) - will have to declare I'm stopping 1" away in future.

Im not sure how it works at the GTs, but unless it is handled by their FAQ I would get that clarified. The problem is that in one place in the book it says that if you stop 1" away then a 1" Difficult Terrain roll will get you in... but then the rest of the book says you cant stop 1" away (looks like they meant to implement the change but forgot to carry it through to the rest of the book).

~ Tim
8O :D OMG - Im a Dad - of THREE!! :D 8O
:) I am "LMTRK" on The Wizards Community and MTG Salvation
LordMalekTheRedKnight
Lord Marmite
Lord General

Postby killmaimburn » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:39 pm

KInG wrote:can u take Sammael and Beliel and have troops as bikes and termies?
you could.. I think thats 500 points just on warping the FOC though..
I just meant playing double wing..
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthrea ... doublewing

Daimyo52 wrote:Are they really worth taking or are the a bujllet magnet and an easy KP ?
They are worth taking..if you play guard.
I think I said it to king- they are tri lascannon predators, with more twinlinkage.. that can move and shoot..And can score* (*DAVU) and can deploy forces further than any other vehicle through grav chutes (of which not one of my opponents used) and can turboboost before the game beigns so you always have a save..or can outflank if thats your thing (its not mine).. and thanks to the faq and physical model you can make up a whole bunch of crap about them and your opponent has to spot which bit your BSing on.
And for that its 30points cheaper than the tri las pred.
About the only thing it doesn't come with is the ability to ram...but king even managed to make that an advantage when him and daboss were arguing rules.
Yes they are worth taking..I hate them, that doesn't mean they are invincible though :D

Remember a bulletmagnet is a tactical advantage rather than something that you accuse an underperforming unit of being.. A Demon prince sucks up all the attention of the enemy..awesome you have 1350 points completely untouched for a turn..etc.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Baragash » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:42 pm

I thought by RAW SMF was only granted if it moved flat out in it's last movement phase?
My Hobby Blog!
Gallery
Baragash
Sorceror
Sorceror

Postby killmaimburn » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:47 pm

Remember we only play by what the judges hold as raw, but yeah you do have a point vehicles its
"A skimmer that is not immobilised and has moved flat out in its last Movement phase counts as obscured (cover save of 4+) when fired at. "
where as bikes (turboboosting deffcoptas with powerfists)
"In the following enemy Shooting phase, the bike benefits from a cover save of 3+ to represent the difficulty of hitting such fast-moving targets"
so bikes would... vehicles wouldn't is that about right. as their is no pre turn movement phase?(only "This is done exactly as in their Movement phase, " not This is their movement phase)
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby Baragash » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:52 pm

That's what I was getting at, no idea how the judges (would) interpret it.
My Hobby Blog!
Gallery
Baragash
Sorceror
Sorceror

Postby KInG » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:32 pm

Ive never played it with a cover save, seems wrong to me, it's more like a redeployment - and happens before the game starts.

Are they worth taking.? If I could be ar*ed I would make another three ;) Then I would have 18 TL Lassies each turn... lol heaven ;)

Just think what 3x 3# squadrons would be like. 27 TL Lassies. Imagine a punisher tanks, with hull and spons HBs, but it was firing Lascannons instead!!! lmao.

140 x 9 Vendettas = 1260pts
4 x 70 Vets = 280pts
1 x 50 Cmd HQ = 50pts

bah 90pts too much lololol
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Postby Baragash » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:49 pm

I was thinking about IG this week and wondered if 2x2 Hydras and an Artillery unit of 2 Griffins + Colossus was a good HS choice given what the supposed top tier builds are?
My Hobby Blog!
Gallery
Baragash
Sorceror
Sorceror

Postby Killswitch » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:23 pm

One problem with that..

I know for a fact vehicle squadrons arnt as good as they were. My seer council will love them, run up on turn two and hit a squadron who are nicely packed together in a multiple charge and then rinse them! Ive never rated vehicle squadrons for this very reason. Nob bikers do this even better!
Killswitch
Guardian
Guardian

Postby Baragash » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:29 pm

*shrugs*

I'd be comfortable with that many points of Nob/Seer going after that many points of vehicles over the course of the game.
My Hobby Blog!
Gallery
Baragash
Sorceror
Sorceror

Postby killmaimburn » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:49 pm

Squadrons have a downside yes (immobilised=wrecked is a big one, another being warwalkers hit by just the right amount of strength 6 to make them all useless) but they do have some really nice bits to them.

Some bits of this I gave out during a game, other bits I gave out after.
If 50% of 1 vehicle is obscured in a 2 vehicle unit both are in cover (Are leman russes listening? p64).. If you cannot shoot the arc /side you are facing.. thats a 3+ cover (for the unit? p62) So think of some formations where cheap billy no mates is always obscured and only has a big turret gun..providing cover for the bloke *in front of him* (sound stupid I just like to think that its a reverse of how reality works therefore it must be fine).
You can stack and wrap like nob bikers.. oh crap I just took 4 penetratings and 4 glancings..Vehicle A (cheaper) takes the 4 penetratings, Vehicle B (the bling) takes the glancings.. after cover saves are taken Vehicle A is dead.. vehicle B is stunned..oh no he isn't a unit that normally can't have extra armour due to its dead comrade can move off. (p64)
They have a 4" coherancys and you may not consolidate after killing them.. so you are in a horrible formation waiting for the vehicle losers shooting phase ..I use my speeders like this most games and call it the honeypot.(big reason for mr vindie)(p63)
Walkers- not so great.. but due to being in a unit they will never lose 1 attack for being stunned or immobilised (as it will always drop to shaken, or be a kill)
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby Angelwing » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:54 pm

Something you missed KMB. Vehicle squadrons don't block line of sight among themselves, so those leman russes can shoot through squad mates.
Angelwing
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

Medals: 17
Gold (5) Silver (1) Painting Entrant (11)

Postby killmaimburn » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:40 pm

GacK... you did wound me mortally angelwing. :D
That means the stuff in the middle is pants.. and I quote
"Then he takes any cover saves available to the squadron – use the rules for vehicles to determine if each squadron member is in cover (ignoring other members of the squadron, as if they were not there),"
So you can't hide one leman russ behind the other..
Das poopy.
(where are all the rules peeps who didn't catch that, they should all be smacking themselves with a telephone address book)
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby conscriptboris » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:58 pm

Hold on!

So i use LS alot in my BA army, if i have a sqn of 3, 1 or 2 are in cover/obscured they all recieve the 3+ cvr sv?

I have been playing them on an individual basis (I = we in Gib)

Elvis
conscriptboris
Elvis isnt Dead!
Commander

Medals: 1
Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

PreviousNext

Return to Events

Social Links