Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

*pokes head in and says hi*

Welcome forum

*pokes head in and says hi*

Postby _stu_ » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:00 pm

Hey all.

Ive been a long time lurker and thought it time to register and say hi properly. Ive been out of the hobby for a fair while, but it seens to have muscled its way back into my life (and the fiancee has taken a shine to 40k, which really helps).

Haven't really got a plan of which armies to go for yet, but if i stick to form from old school epic (2nd edition space marine), it will most likely be a combination of Imperial forces, which fits quite well with the planned SoB forces the missus has in mind.

I reckon I'll probably be spending the next few months in the painting forums, I've set myself a few goals in the short term, including the marines from the Black Reach box, along with a surplus of terminator squads and the awesome Culln fig from forgeworld. Ive also had the mad idea of scratch building a Thunderhawk (I like to start small, honest).

Anyhow, I'll sign off for the mo, but like Arnold - I'll be back :)

Stu
Facebook @ Lividfish Paints
_stu_
Darth Addictus
Veteran Sergeant

Medals: 16
Anvil's Hammer - 2nd Place (1) Gold Wreath (1) Gold (3) Silver (4) Painting Entrant (7)

Re: *pokes head in and says hi*

Postby KInG » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:18 pm

Welcome to the forums stu, and thanks for the intro.

I don't know ifyour aware that the SoB codex has been pulled and alot of the models are no longer sold. No one seems to know though, as there's been no word or explanation from GW, whether these and the Daemonhunters are going to no longer be supported, or there's something in the pipeline.

Also there's strong rumours of a plastic thunderhawk, so not sure if that influences your scratch build decision...

Like yourself though, I too am trying to sort out my pprojects, as I have far too many presently, and nothing is getting done. Time to down scale and focus I think.

Anyways... pull up a chair, make yourself at home :)
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Postby Ljundhammer » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:20 pm

Hi Stu,

Welcome to the community.
When in deadly danger
When beset by doubt
Run in little circles
Wave your arms and shout
- parody of the litany of command
Ljundhammer
Brother-Captain
Brother-Captain

Postby timewizard » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:34 pm

Welcome aboard Stu.

First pint is on us, then it's your turn to buy one for the group!
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Medals: 11
Gold Wreath (1) Gold (1) Silver Wreath (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby _stu_ » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:42 pm

Hi Fellas, thanks for the welcome.

I had heard the rumors of both the SoB pull and the kit thunderhawk.

Thankfully the missus has snapped up a few kits in the past couple of months, along with a set of Black Reach Marines (with rermies and dread :) so she does have a core force already (albeit quite small) - I think the plan was to flesh it out with guard / marines etc.

I did toy with the idea of holding off to see whether a kit 'hawk comes along but the whole idea of building it has me hooked, I'd rather go where the enthusiasm leads me, at least until I get back into the swing of things properly (in the grip of old school epic I ended up writing a whole new tier of rules / cards to cater for the ridiculous army sizes we had all built up)...

I guess my main focus at the mo is my marines (going for Red Scorpions in the main because the Culln model really grabbed me), as I'm also using them as a teaching aid for the other half who is really enjoying stuff so far). The 'hawk is my imagination running wild and will probably be a back burner project. And money saved on the 'hawk means more bear tokens all round! win win :)

Stu
_stu_
Darth Addictus
Veteran Sergeant

Anvil's Hammer - 2nd Place (1) Gold Wreath (1) Gold (3) Silver (4) Painting Entrant (7)

Postby Angelwing » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:04 pm

Hello and welcome!
Angelwing
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

Medals: 17
Gold (5) Silver (1) Painting Entrant (11)

Postby KInG » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:31 pm

Ah I see your from Sunderland. Maybe you and your good lady will be able to join us when we go on our Age of Strife outings to WHW. We travel down from Middlesbrough, and our shop outlets are there and Redcar, on the coast.
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby _stu_ » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:51 pm

For sure - we went down to the Black Library Live event a couple of weeks ago and loved it. I think we're planning on going to the FW event at the end of March as well. We're not quite up to the gaming side of things **yet** tho....

Stu
_stu_
Darth Addictus
Veteran Sergeant

Postby KInG » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:57 pm

:) cool, well we played doubles last time we went... 750points. There's something to aim for if August isn't too soon :)
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby mattjgilbert » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:35 am

Hi Stu, welcome to the site.

I thought the rumour was that the various Xhunter forces were getting a new book?
Last edited by mattjgilbert on Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby KInG » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:45 am

oh I do hope so.

I'm sure our trade rep. said not to get rid of my models. there must be something in that.
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby Herne » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:15 pm

Welcome aboard mate - great name by the way. ;-) I've done culln myself - have a look in my 'hall of heroes' project thread - for a simple terminator he is pretty great. Just starting Zhufor now....
My Gallery: http://www.ageofstrife.com/gallery/Herne

Nightbringer wrote:I like Amy Winehouse` music, although she looks like a Whippet in a bin bag.... 8)
Herne
Occasional brush wielder
Sorceror

Medals: 10
Anvil's Hammer - 1st Place (1) Gold (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)

Postby conscriptboris » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:11 pm

hmm, if they did can the DH/WH i know a few ppl who wouldnt be too happy :)

Welcome to the Forums mate!

Elvis
conscriptboris
Elvis isnt Dead!
Commander

Medals: 1
Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby _lis_ » Sat May 08, 2010 9:58 pm

Hi,

I have been keeping an eye on Stu's forum vists and thought it was about time that I registered myself. I am Stu's other half Lis and am a late comer to 40k and got into it through Stu and my younger brother Dave. Initially I bought a Sisters of Battle Army and a Blood Bowl wood elf team and gamed a little but life got in the way and thats the furthest I had gotten. Over the past year I have really got into the Black Library novels, the Horus Heresy, Gaunts Ghosts, Eisenhorn, Faith and Fire and the Ultrmarines novels and these have fired my interest in the hobby again.

So after two visits to warhammer world, lots of discussions about the black library novels, a drunken game of Space Hulk and watching Stu build his thunderhawk I decided it was time to get back into the hobby. I have expanded my army with some Space Marines and Repentia and have finally started to paint them. I am definately a novice when it comes to painting but am enjoying picking out paint schemes and learning the techniques.

I look forward to visiting the forums and getting back into the hobby. Hopefully I will start posting some pics as I paint my army up.

Lis
_lis_

Postby niteterror » Sat May 08, 2010 10:11 pm

hi and welcome to the forum
glad to see SOB player in no my other half shmexy nite plans to build a SOB army might be worth you
talking i no shes super new to it
niteterror
Slugga Boy
Slugga Boy

Next

Return to New members

Social Links