Thoughts?

Librarian

2 Sanguinary Priests, each with a power weapon - 130

10 man Assault squad, 2 melta guns, fist, in redeemer with MM - 450

8 man Assault squad, flamer, fist, in rhino - 199

8 man Assault squad, flamer, fist, in rhino - 199

Baal w/ HB sponsons - 145

Vindicator w/ siege shield - 155

Leaves me with about 120 points to play with. Tempted to take a rifleman dread. Any other suggestions? Might swqp the flamers in the 8 man squads out to melta guns.
Waaargh.
Orks project log here
Socaddict
Mekboy
Warlord

Medals: 2
Painting Entrant (2)

Re: BA 1500

Postby killmaimburn » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:43 pm

options
Drop sponsons and take a 2nd vindie (with dozer blade, rather than siege shield)?
2MM attack bikes and extra armour for the redeemer?
Upgrade one priest to corbulo make the ass squads 9 man?
The dread might be good for contesting hmoe and bringing down skimmers that are outspeeding you..
I'd play the list 8 times, 2 with each and then decide :D
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
World of ME First try at Apoc Batrep WHAT/WHO is AOS?
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby timewizard » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:06 pm

Listen to KMB about the tanks. He convinced me.
Vindies are like heads, two are definately better than one!
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Medals: 11
Gold Wreath (1) Gold (1) Silver Wreath (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Socaddict » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:37 pm

Hmmm, tempting.

I like the look of a pred with sponsons too much to forgo them.

If I drop the two assault marines, I can include another vindi with siege shield (I just envisage my fast vindis driving like mad through terrain) and melta bombs for either the libby or one priest.

more thoughts?

Also gameplan idea would be hide most stuff back, prolly outflank baal if I can, deepstrike land raider within about 15" of my rhinos, with libby and one priest on board, and then unleash hell.

Or move it up as a solid block with the libby using the cover power from the LRR to maximise area it covers.

This is all heavy conjecture, I haven't actually played a game since mid fourth edition...
Waaargh.
Orks project log here
Socaddict
Mekboy
Warlord

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby killmaimburn » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:51 am

Sometimes I think me and LH (+armageddon inc) are the only people who do play- inc at warseer and other places.. (BOLS said MM HF speeders were not as good as MM MM speeders ,in which crazed dream WTF??).

Having 600 points turn up after turn 2..is messy, your basically guarenteeing that your vindicator is facing 1500 points on its own..and whilst funky they are what LH and the web calls a paper tiger (what I call a "look you just need enough things on the table that nobody can think straight enough to shoot it enough", which I think sounds better)
This is only compounded by keeping 30 assualt marines leashed in, you can't expect the enemy to desire to travel all the way across the table to you.
2 Means they will get to shoot (and can wall up a bit).but still 2 vindies does not an army make :D

Assualt marines+ vindicators make web folks cry, (as there is a strong likelyhood that you will be shooting close to your own men, and that the things you don't want to get locked with (6 wound MCs) can only take one wound from a vindie)....BUT..I love that, the amount of times I've dumped a death ordinance 3 "s from my own last scoring troop to save them has been most lolsome and very entertaining, since your not uber comp I suggest you play it with a similar pinch of salt.
The rule being that you do actually play it.

I'm still undecided on sponsons, its just that 2 heavy bolters< twin linked ass cannon. i would shoot the heavy bolters at AV11+ and the flamers would threaten light infantry more.(not that thats great....)I need to sit down and properly cost out the shots vs the naked baal at some point, its just a gut feeling I have at the mo.
Barely even lurking..
ruffian4 wrote:Handy fellow, this kmb...Like Ahriman delving the paths of the webway ...
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby PaddyF » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:00 am

I play... just badly.
Ork Kommando on Infiltrating:

Everybody else is like "we'z gotta strip down to be slippery like". Beakies do this, umies do this, even orkses do this, but Eldarz all like " You'z all stupid, dats why youz monkeys. Iz putting on 'eavier armor, iz gonna stomp through the jungle all sneaky like and chainsaw you stealthy like cuz Eldar's da best like dat. And if youz looks at me funny, dakka comes outta my face"
PaddyF
Genestealer
Genestealer

Postby Socaddict » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:56 am

So go with the solid steadily advancing psychically protected block of AV13/14 to the front.

Scare the enemie shitless, throw out an unending torrent of dual demolisher shells, and then rumble rumble rumble and crush?

I like that idea.

Kind similar to what I envision with my orks, although thats more along the lines of stomp forward than rumble forward (one BW with killkannon and deffrolla, 6 kans, one deffdread). Although they have some stuff that won't sit with them, as they include a few deffkoptas and a large mob of lootas, but thats a topic for another day/thread.
Waaargh.
Orks project log here
Socaddict
Mekboy
Warlord

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby PaddyF » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:21 am

Just a point on the sponsons. If you don't take them then one Weapon Destroyed result turns your 115 pt tank into some moving cover.

Same thing that happens to Razorbacks but with less use.

Everybody else is like "we'z gotta strip down to be slippery like". Beakies do this, umies do this, even orkses do this, but Eldarz all like " You'z all stupid, dats why youz monkeys. Iz putting on 'eavier armor, iz gonna stomp through the jungle all sneaky like and chainsaw you stealthy like cuz Eldar's da best like dat. And if youz looks at me funny, dakka comes outta my face"
PaddyF
Genestealer
Genestealer

Postby Socaddict » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:23 am

Yeah, thats also part of my thought process.

But it also mostly looks cooler and fits my imagination of the pred better.
Waaargh.
Orks project log here
Socaddict
Mekboy
Warlord

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby killmaimburn » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:47 am

And a stunned stops you firing 3 of your armies guns, rather than my one gun :D
Weapon destroyed- like with the vindicator.. I'd just go around ramming the snot out of things blocking entrance ways.

But as I said.. I really haven't worked it out fully yet.. it just seems that taking something (big spin doctor in the house) from 100ptish, to 150points ish..for 2 inferior non gelling weapons (that you won't fire if you move more than 6")..
I needs more thinking..and any views are totally awesomely received...(until I make up my mind.. then I stick my typing fingers in my ears and type with my nose)
Barely even lurking..
killmaimburn
Now Vanus Clade

Postby PaddyF » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:55 am

My Opinion?

Take Land Raiders and Stormravens. All other vehicles are for girls.

PaddyF
Genestealer
Genestealer

Postby TheColonel » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:43 am

Here's my 1500 list

HQ. Captain Donatos Aphael, (seths rules) 160

Troop, 5 Death company, power weapon, thunder hammer, 145
Razorback, twin linked assault cannon, 90

Troop, 10 Tactical marines, power fist, meltagun, multimeta, 200
Rhino, 50

Troop, 10 tactical marines, power weapon, flamer, missile launcher, 185

Troop, 10 Assault marines, power fist, meltagun, 225

Elite, Sangiunary priest, power weapon, jump pack, 90

Elite, Furioso librarian, 175
Drop pod, 35

Fast, Baal predator, assault cannons, heavy bolter sponsons, 145
"Crom, i've never prayed to you before, i have no tongue for it.
No-one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought and why we died.
All that matters is that two stood against many, thats whats important.
Valor pleases you lord Crom so grant me one thing, grant me revenge.
And if you do not listen....then to hell with you!"
TheColonel
Exarch
Exarch

Return to 40K Army Lists

Social Links