Login

Username:

Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

AoS August 2010 Tournament

For event announcements to be shown in the recent news on the forum home page.

Re: AoS August 2010 Tournament

Postby Spack » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:55 pm

If you want to try AI I have enough aircraft for two or three games to run simultaneously with Imperials, Eldar, and Tau :) I'll be bringing it Sunday too, and as I'm coming home Sat night I can always pick up more stuff if needed.
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Medals: 2
Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby mattjgilbert » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:33 pm

So.... how did the weekend go then?
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby timewizard » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:46 pm

Yes, someone needs to report in!
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Medals: 11
Gold Wreath (1) Gold (1) Silver Wreath (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby KInG » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:51 pm

other thread.
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby timewizard » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:13 pm

got it! Sounds like it was another weekend to remember! (Except maybe for slate who, it would appear, had his first AoS weekend to remember!)
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Postby ruffian4 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:15 pm

Yeah, I looked in the other thread, "Intestinal worms, what to do?" but there was nothing relevant (funky pictures though).
killmaimburn wrote:If this is a masked ball, then the other bits of him are off spiking the teachers punch.

DEATH WATCH DEATH RATTLE DEATHS DOOR AINT I DIED ENOUGH BEFORE?
ruffian4
4th dan imbecile
Sorceror

Postby timewizard » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:17 pm

There was a ton of relevant stuff in the "Intestinal worms, what to do?" thread, you just had to have the guts to look in the right place.
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Postby mattjgilbert » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:49 pm

What were the teams. Who won the tournament?
Did you all manage to get tables next to each other?
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby Stunty » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:22 pm

the table situation was a joke GW changed it from open gaming to bookings after we had enquired, fortunately dan managed to get 3 tables and we got 1 of the few empty ones..

The tournament was won by Da Grot with space wolves and some random guy with daemons I forget his name but its not important..
2nd - Mr6 (eldar), Pete (SM)
3rd Red Devil (BA) Herne (CSM) (judging by this result I was the anchor holding Herne at the bottom of the table back in feb lol)
4th - Slate (IG), Luke (IG)
5th - Baragash (CSM), Bane (SW)
6th - Zhatan (Templar), Ljundhammer (WH)

Like the 1 in Feb it was really good and the banter was great, definitely need to stick with doubles for the next 1 =)
Stunty
Destroyer
Destroyer

Postby ruffian4 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:17 pm

timewizard wrote:There was a ton of relevant stuff in the "Intestinal worms, what to do?" thread, you just had to have the guts to look in the right place.

I liked the song ...

Intestinal worms, what to do?
I would suggest you go do a poo,
then have a look at what you did doo.
You've got problems if something's staring back at you. 8O

They don't tripe 'em like that anymore!

Congrats da grot and random guy (I bet he was good at rolling dice). :D
killmaimburn wrote:If this is a masked ball, then the other bits of him are off spiking the teachers punch.

DEATH WATCH DEATH RATTLE DEATHS DOOR AINT I DIED ENOUGH BEFORE?
ruffian4
4th dan imbecile
Sorceror

Postby KInG » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:32 pm

nope, but fortunately da grot was alot better ;)
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby timewizard » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:28 am

random guy, is that a new member on the forum, needs to sign in and introduce himself!
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Postby Spack » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:19 am

I'll try to get pics posted up later - it's just after 4am, I've been up over an hour (rolling power cut in the area started setting house alarms off at 3am which woke me up and I can't get back to sleep), but I'm on my laptop and all my graphics processing stuff is on my desktop which I can't turn on right now (not without waking up the rest of the house :P).

You don't want the random guy posting here, trust me ;) I'll post up the winners photos, you'll see why!

EDIT: I decided to upload the winners pics now, it didn't take long to resize and crop using MS Paint :P

gallery/v/Spack/Spack148/aosaug2010/tournament/

Image Image Image Image
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby Ljundhammer » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:23 am

Had a great day! Thanks for organising it Stunty!

My team mate & I were both in the unfortunate position of having taken silly armies to see what would happen, and adding them together made them slightly better, but couldn't overcome the general crummyness of my army list!

My list (Witch Hunters):
Priest - carapace armour, eviscerator
Elite Inquisitor - hammer hand, bolt gun, bolt pistol, grenades
Arbite squad - 2 flamers, vet sarge with evisceator (8 men total) - rhino, ea & smoke
Storm trooper x 5 - 2 plasma guns
Penitent engines x 3 (squadroned)

Zhatan's list (Black Templars):
Super chaplain - holy hand grenade, terminator honours
Emperor's champion - vow for 1+ strength, -1 initiative
10 x SM - power weapon, meltagun + 3 x scouts
Land Raider Crusader

Game1:
v's Red DEvil & Herne (BA & CSM)
5 objectives, Dawn of War
Our opponents went first, we brought everything on on turn 1. Our opponents deepstruck with a majority of their army. This proved decisive, as the LRC & Penitents made it all the way across the board sowing fear and panic along the way. Meaning the deepstruikers were reacting to us all the way through the game rather than forcing us into areas we didn't want to go.
At turn 5 we were winning 3 v's 2. A decisive charge by the terminators, first on the arbite/priest/inquisitor combo flattened the puny humans in a frankly hilarious and embarrasing fashion - it was so bad that the Templars were forced to avenge them to stop the terminators telling anyone else! In the meantime, the Chaos Lord decided that killing Space Marines was too much like hard work and decided that Stormtroopers wouldf taste crispier and flattened a whole load of them.
At turn 6 we were drawing 2 v's 2. Thankfully the pain ended there, as the forces of the Whitch Hunters had all soiled themselves & wouldn't have lasted until turn 7!

Game 2:
v's Slate & Luke (IG & IG)
Kill points, spearhead
Of all the games we didn't want, this was it. However, we made the best of it, setting up first as centrally as possible. Our opponents decided to bait us by setting up really close too. Our turn one was a fairly dull affair as we repositioned (read: ran headlong into the fray). In their turn 1 the penitents took a beating, but one remained, the hellhounds started barbequing the stormtroopers. In our turn 2, we went ape. The Templars multicharged prety much the entire opponent's army wiping most of it out with consumate ease, while the Witch Hunters wiped out the threatening hellhounds. And so it went on, the Templars destroying unit after unit, tank after tank, unfortunately the obscene amount of plasma finally whittled them down until they were all dead...
THe Whitch Hunters weren't having it their own way either, but had taken out most of the left flank. At the end of turn 5, we had wiped out everything but a Leman Russ, the remains of a command squad, and one flamer veteran squad with their transport. We had 5 storm troopers, in 2 squads left standing. We were winning b y an obscene margin.
Turn 6 was rolled for & the guard, with their backs to the walls decided to go for the kill, and managed it. The end was caused by 3 flamers, causing 3 wounds on a single remaining stormtrooper, needing 3 4ups to live. He rolled a single measly 2 & the game was up!
A loss, but an absolutely epic game! Guardsmen joining the Emperor in their droves, the Emperor's Champion assaulting Leman Russes, because they were in his way, dice being sacrificed by Slate to the Daemon Childe of 1's.

Game 3:
v's Bara & Bane (SW & CSM)
Wierd mission
The mission suited neither of our armies well, and the Templars, in destain, decided not to turn up until turn 4. Stormtroopers valiently held objectives each turn, as our opponent's heavy weaponry was severly limited. Wer held to a draw, but no-one could work out how, given we'd killed practically nothing, yet we had nothing of any value left on the board.
A good game, but after the epicness of game 2, it could never live up to it!

Next time I'm bringing a decent army! I want one of those in-no-way-just-painted-by-spack trophy space marines!
When in deadly danger
When beset by doubt
Run in little circles
Wave your arms and shout
- parody of the litany of command
Ljundhammer
Brother-Captain
Brother-Captain

Postby Stunty » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:05 am

pic 1 - gw really need to get them pot holes sorted.

Yea that mission didnt go down too well.. May have been better without the reserves rule..
Stunty
Destroyer
Destroyer

PreviousNext

Return to Events

Social Links