Login

Username:

Password:

Remember me

Forgot Password?

Merchandise

AoS Meetup Summer 2010 - 7/8/9 August

For event announcements to be shown in the recent news on the forum home page.

Re: AoS Meetup Summer 2010 - 7/8/9 August

Postby Herne » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:06 pm

Have you never seen spack coming home from work: It's a large leather sporran and a claymore - that's all. He works as a strip scots berserker - hence the long red hair and beard. ,-)
My Gallery: http://www.ageofstrife.com/gallery/Herne

Nightbringer wrote:I like Amy Winehouse` music, although she looks like a Whippet in a bin bag.... 8)
Herne
Occasional brush wielder
Sorceror

Medals: 10
Anvil's Hammer - 1st Place (1) Gold (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)

Postby Spack » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:31 pm

timewizard wrote:
Spack wrote: especially as I'm going to have to start wearing a shirt, tie and trousers to work. :(

8O
What do you wear now?!?

Jeans and t-shirt normally. Over here trousers means smart pants (US pants, not UK pants!), such as the bottom half of suit. Jeans are, well, jeans :)
Spack
I R Ginger
Field Marshall

Medals: 2
Bronze (1) Painting Entrant (1)
Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby timewizard » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:08 pm

Well, it starts to make sense now! :D

I wore a uniform for 29 years. Was always interesting to see someone you work with when they were dressed in 'civvies'.
Usual line was someting like "Didn't recognize you with clothes on." :lol:
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Medals: 11
Gold Wreath (1) Gold (1) Silver Wreath (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Ljundhammer » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:14 am

All,

I can't make much of Sunday due to an unexpected family commitment :(

I'm playing the the tournament on Saturday, but I'm looking to fight against a Tyranid army 1st thing on Sunday (as I've not yet played against them in 5th).

Is anyone up for a 1500 - 2000 point game? It will need to be first thing though.

Cheers.
When in deadly danger
When beset by doubt
Run in little circles
Wave your arms and shout
- parody of the litany of command
Ljundhammer
Brother-Captain
Brother-Captain

Postby KInG » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:24 am

i can play my khorne daemons as Nids if you wish ... using the CD dex as 'counts as' lol :D
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby BANE » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:08 pm

Nige you do realise you have put our names forward for the Apoc game Sunday morning, of course there is currently not much interest so knowing you I guess your just covering your bets.
Either that or your planning on running between tables each turn, something else which knowing you you may be considering :)
BANE
Captain
Captain

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby KInG » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:50 pm

POST EVENT:

Fantastic weekend guys, thanks very much for a great time, looking forward to the next one already.

Was great to see some of the faces from the earlier events... and its always good to see the regular faces :)

Kudos to Stunty for all his hard work sorting out the doubles match ups. And to Dan for assiting him, and supply the super heavies for Sunday's Apoc game... Well An'ggrath needed something to chew on :D

And hat's off to slate for remaining sober this time and actually playing some games.

It was suggested by Sami that we play the Apoc on the Saturday next time to give us more time.. great idea. Then run the friendly comp on the Sun.

Highlights: Whatching Pete's termies turn tail after trying to take back their closest objective, but Khorne Daemons just kept landing on it, while my team mate; Chris' SWs rain in the shots. :evil:

Seeing me kill my Bloodthirster; Crushers and Letters all end up scattering onto the mishap table, but seeing Chris' SWs keep us in the game.

Watching Alan and Phil during our Apoc game, scouring the rulebooks in an effort to find a chink in An'ggrath's armour lol ;)

Seeing Al act as though Stu had defiled his Vital Objective, to then find out it wasn't that objective and we could have won with it!!! hihihi, but atleast we n=managed to contest the actual vital one... phew!.

Great times... thanks again.
www.GamingFigures.com & http://www.AgeofStrife.com 15% off GW models 10% off FoW & GF9 - extra 1% off orders £100+ & 2% off orders £250+ with FREE UK SHIPPING now added
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby mattjgilbert » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:41 pm

KInG wrote:It was suggested by Sami that we play the Apoc on the Saturday next time to give us more time.. great idea. Then run the friendly comp on the Sun.
Noted - will factor it in for the March event.
events/early-2011-event-t4279.html
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

Postby Herne » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:33 pm

Awesome times. Really enjoyed the weekend again - tournament was ace fun and Red Devil was a superb partner in crime! (Even though he neded to buy 18 packs of dice to find any that rolled over a 2. ;-) :lol: Loved the Apoc game and Alan needs a gold oscar - not a marine..... ;-) Can't wait for the next one.
My Gallery: http://www.ageofstrife.com/gallery/Herne

Nightbringer wrote:I like Amy Winehouse` music, although she looks like a Whippet in a bin bag.... 8)
Herne
Occasional brush wielder
Sorceror

Medals: 10
Anvil's Hammer - 1st Place (1) Gold (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)

Postby BANE » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:03 pm

Hi all, i had a great weekend, it was good to see people that i aint seen since the last event and also to meet some new people.

Tournament was a cracker again, well done Stunty and Dan, and my first Apoc game ever was enjoyable even tho i was learning things on the fly.

Only concern is there was no Most Sporting Award, as i really do think its time we recoginise Kings efforts in this area!!!! ;)
BANE
Captain
Captain

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby KInG » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:33 pm

lololol. I'm sure we can have one of those too... I best clear out that top shelf of mine eh ;)
AoS_GF moderator
KInG
Archon
Archon

Painting Entrant (2)

Postby Red Devil » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:19 am

Herne wrote:Red Devil was a superb partner in crime! (Even though he neded to buy 18 packs of dice to find any that rolled over a 2. ;-)

Thanks - I had a great weekend! Maybe I need to put an order in for some AoS dice now - they seem to work for those that have them.

BTW - still searching for dice (while my marines look for a new armour supplier and a manufacturer of melta weapons that aren't loaded with laughing gas!).

Looking forward to the next meet up!
Red Devil
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

Postby Stunty » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:50 am

lol you should speak to slate about aos dice
Stunty
Destroyer
Destroyer

Postby timewizard » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:20 pm

I have a set of AoS dice that I use for almost exclusively for leadership tests. :D
"I have found again and again that in encounter actions, the day goes to the side that is the first to plaster its opponent with fire." - Erwin Rommel
timewizard
Master of Chronomancy
Field Commander

Medals: 11
Gold Wreath (1) Gold (1) Silver Wreath (1) Bronze (2) Painting Entrant (6)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby mattjgilbert » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:43 pm

hmmm... isn't that cheating ;) :P
mattjgilbert
BladeDancer
Daemon Prince

PreviousNext

Return to Events

Social Links